Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
LandofShadows829
Council Member
Send Message
Post Anyone like SVU?
on: April 09, 2005 11:01
Yeah, so I am a huge Law & Order: SVU fan. Most of my fanfics (5 out of 7) are for SVU. I just wanted to see if anyone else loved SVU as much as I do.

What's your favorite episode? :feedback:

My favorites are 'Guilt,' 'Legacy,' 'Baby Killer,' and 'Ghost.'

A. Lexa

I :heart: SVU!
Harmatan
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Anyone like SVU?
on: April 10, 2005 06:15
I love SVU!! (Though the crimes in the show are usually unsettling) I don't have a favourite episode, I usually like them all.

[Edited on 10/4/2005 by Harmatan]
LandofShadows829
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2005 06:54
I agree, some of those perps are so sick! Especially in 'Charisma.' Have you seen that ep? It's from this season. That episode was VERY unsettling.

A. Lexa
Harmatan
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2005 07:26
I don't know if I've seen that episode, I can't remember their titles, but if you describe it to me, I'll know
But this title reminds me of one I saw where a twelve years old gilr that was pregnant... Some people are really bad... Luckely that real people who really try to find them and bring them to justice.
Ovëlyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2005 06:15
I'm a huge Law and Order fan, period. I've been watching the original series since it's inception a decade and a half ago, lol.

It's changed so much over the years, for the better obviously. (:

What's nice is that my husband is a huge Law and Order fan, too. We make it part of our weekly ritual to watch the original series and SVU. He works weekends so I'm on my own to watch CI. We haven't caught on to Trial By Jury yet, but we both believe that it will come into it's own very soon, it just needs to get itself into it's next few seasons.

That's why CI has now become my shining star. This past season, the writers have found their place and have begun writing even better dialogues... I'm very pleased. (:

What makes my Law and Order craze even more intense... I named our dog Briscoe... After Jerry Orbach's character Lennie Briscoe. Jerry Orbach was my favorite actor off that series and I was very sad to hear of his passing. *sniffles*

Anyway. I don't have one single favorite episode since all the episodes add to the quality of the show(s). In general, I think that for the most part, they are all amazing and deserve equal credit. (:
LandofShadows829
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2005 02:42
I have heard that TBJ is being cancelled, so there won't be a second season.
Silivrentolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2005 04:47
I also am a huge Law and Order fan. I love SVU, though, as some of you mentioned earlier, the crimes and language used can be very unsettling.

I love Eliot!!! He's the best, and I don't care if he beats the crap out of murder or rape suspects! He's so hot-headed! I think it's great! And he's very much a family man to. I love Eliot!

And Olivia is cool to. She's really tough.

I have heard that TBJ is being cancelled, so there won't be a second season.

No offense to anyone here, but I'm glad. I didn't like TBJ.

And I love the guy on CI too. He's so. . . unorthodox. . . so strange. . . . creepy sometimes too.
LandofShadows829
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 25, 2005 11:56
TBJ was probably cancelled because a) it just wasn't good and b) it was on a FRIDAY night for Christ's sake! People were either out somewhere or at home watching Numb3rs (like me!)!

Anyway, I thought the finale was very...finale-ish. I was let down by it. I watched the awesome finales to NCIS and House, and then I watched the SVU one, and it kind of took me out of finale mode. I would have thought that that kind of ep would be one that was in between the two sweeps months. Last week's would have made a much better finale than this one did.
Melannen_Parth
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2005 12:50
Omigosh! I love Law and Order! My favorite is SVU, but I also really like Criminal Intent. Yes, some of the episodes can be unsettling, and it`s scary to think that crimes like that are committed, but the acting on both shows is superb. I love Elliot Stabler; he`s such a complex character. I`m not crazy about the assistant district attorney Casey Novak, though. I liked Alex Cabot much better.
btw: I also hate TBJ. I watched literally one episode, and I`m like..this is horrible, I`m turning it off!
LandofShadows829
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2005 07:23
Omigosh! I love Law and Order! My favorite is SVU, but I also really like Criminal Intent. Yes, some of the episodes can be unsettling, and it`s scary to think that crimes like that are committed, but the acting on both shows is superb. I love Elliot Stabler; he`s such a complex character. I`m not crazy about the assistant district attorney Casey Novak, though. I liked Alex Cabot much better.
btw: I also hate TBJ. I watched literally one episode, and I`m like..this is horrible, I`m turning it off!

Criminal Intent is #2 on my fav L&O's. I've never actually seen TBJ because I was always at basketball practice or watching Numb3rs. IMO, Alex was a better attorney than Casey, but Casey is more human. She actually feels things. Also, she doesn't come back and then leave without even saying good-bye! Alex was just a heartless ADA.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 29, 2005 05:49
I like the show, though I dont really make a point to watch it. If I'm flipping through and watch more than 2 minutes of it, though, I have to stick around until the end. ^_^
immortalem
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2005 06:14
I love SVU too. I don't have a particular episode that is my favorite because they are all my favorite. I do have to agree though that I am not a huge fan of the D.A. Casey Novak. I did like Alex Cabot better. But I really like the characters of Olivia and Elliot.
LandofShadows829
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2005 03:49
Here are some spoilers from SpoilerFix.com for next season...

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

06/06 - Episode 7.0? - Black [Airing Fall 2005]: The interrogation of a couple who contracted to adopt the baby of a trial witness suspected dead leads Benson and Stabler to a sperm bank where a doctor claims to be injecting women with the sperm of genuses. (Note: This episode was produced during season 6 but has not aired. We are speculating it will air during season 7)
06/13 - Episode 7.0? - Alien [Airing Fall 2005]: When a kid shows up at the hospital with a stab wound and multiple bruises, Benson and Stabler investigate a private Catholic school, including Father Justin who was transferred out of eight different schools for undisclosed reasons.
06/20 - Episode 7.0? - Ripped [Airing Fall 2005]: Pamela Sawyer is found at Sherwood Prep School with her clothes ripped and bruises on her face. Benson urges her to press charges against Luke Breslin, the son of Stabler's old partner. When Stabler and Fin confront Luke, he hits Fin. Luke doesn't remember any of it. From his initial interview, Haung thinks Luke might be bipolar.
06/27 - Episode 7.0? - Demons [Airing Fall 2005]: After serving almost 21 and a half years for raping 8 young girls, Ray Schenkel gets parolled. When a 14 year-old gets raped, the cop that nailed him (Dorsey) suspects Ray. Stabler goes undercover as a rapist at Ray's support group.
07/04 - Episode 7.0? - Strain [Airing Fall 2005]: The death of a man displayed like a mannequin on a shoe store window leads Fin and Stabler to a gay club where Fin finds something that hits close to home. In the search for "Killer", Benson goes undercover as a hooker, Fin as her pimp and Cragen as a possible client.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email