Register

Author Topic:
silver_Tinuviel
Finrod's Harp
Send Message
Post Gael García Bernal
on: April 19, 2005 12:45
If you like him, post something here!
I always imagined elves being like him: the definition of beauty. I use to be a very objective person and if you ever see something more beautiful than him, let me know!

PS: He played in "Y tu mama tambien", "Mala educacion", "Diarios de motocicleta"... Maybe this will help a bit.

[Edited on 19/4/2005 by silver_Tinuviel]
Image Reeling and foundering, as ever more strong/ The chanting swelled, Felagund fought,/ And all the magic and might he brought/ Of Elvenesse into his words./ Softly in the gloom they heard the birds/ Singing afar in Nargothrond,/ The sighing of the Sea beyond,/ Beyond the western world, on sand,/ On sand of pearls in Elvenland.
Don_Palantir
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Gael García Bernal
on: April 23, 2005 01:32
Well, I saw "Y tu mama tambien", he also played Padre Amaro in "El crimen del Padre Amaro" (I think this is his first famous movie)

I really want to see "Diarios en motocicleta", he played there for the second time the character of Ernesto "Che" Guevara, I know he played in the Fidel Castro mini serie the same rol.., but he´s too young and blue eyed to be Che Guevara

Anyway, yeap, good actor
luthienkenobi
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2005 06:05
I love him! :love: I think that he is such a great actor. I saw him in Y tu mama tambien. I still really want to see Diarios en Motocicleta. I need to make a trip to the video store...
silver_Tinuviel
Finrod's Harp
Send Message
on: April 23, 2005 09:52
Hello!
Don_Palantir, he may be too "blue eyed" to be Che Guevara, but he is not too young, for "Diarios..." is about the young Ernesto (23-24 years). I think he is good for that part. But the character was a bit idealized, I think...
Hey, luthienkenobi!!! It's a beautiful and touching movie. And very different from what we saw till now, made by Almodovar...
Hugs!

Image Reeling and foundering, as ever more strong/ The chanting swelled, Felagund fought,/ And all the magic and might he brought/ Of Elvenesse into his words./ Softly in the gloom they heard the birds/ Singing afar in Nargothrond,/ The sighing of the Sea beyond,/ Beyond the western world, on sand,/ On sand of pearls in Elvenland.
Don_Palantir
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2005 06:57
I say in the Fidel Castro mini serie, he was even younger to play Che Guevara there than in Diarios en Motocicleta.
Yeap, Gael is too different from real Che Guevara, even tough Gael is really looks like an Argentinian than a Mexican

In Diarios en Motocicleta he was fine, Che Guevara at his 20s. Got to see this movie, I´m curious to see the protrayal of S America there... hummm

Have to see Mala Educación too XDDD

[Edited on 24/4/2005 by Don_Palantir]
silver_Tinuviel
Finrod's Harp
Send Message
on: April 24, 2005 08:25
In "Diarios..." you will meet a "saint Che Guevara". I don't know how Ernesto Guevara really was, but in this movie he is loving, generous, pure, strong...
"Mala educación" is very different. Almodovar, of course! Many gays, strange feelings, sad story, big surprises.
You have to see them!
Don_Palantir
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2005 09:07
Well, it seem Gael Bernal always plays in sexual film (All the mentioned above, but the Guevara´s ones XD)
"El crimen del Padre Amaro" was about sex in church too.

Yeah, what to expect from Almodobar´s films, he puts an interesting vision of homosexuality, and sexuality in general. Quite excentric those films XDD

About Che Cuevara´s youth: I don´t think he was a murderer then, but a idelogist boy.
Ally of Castro and the comunist revolution. I know, the story is complex , I don´t know so much but Che Guevara´s has many things written XDD
silver_Tinuviel
Finrod's Harp
Send Message
on: April 24, 2005 09:49
Yes, you're right about Gael playing in "sexual films". As for Almodovar... I like his movies - interesting and very well directed -, but I do not agree with all ideas there.

About the young Ernesto Guevara I know nothing, but I never imagined he was a murderer! But, sometimes, our ideas may be deadly for others...
The movie is great, the images are gorgeous, Gael is very good and you wish to be more generous in the end.
Don_Palantir
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2005 07:36
Well, silver ¡I got to see the movie! I have read many critics about it (Diarios en Motocicleta)
Oh yes, Ernesto was a "guerrillero" , with Fidel Castro, an outlawyer, they fight for the Cuban revolution, it´s long story, then Che left Castro goverment and returned to South America died murdered by Bolivian army.

In fact I still have to see other Pedro Almodovar movies, they are interesting but sexualy weird, quite weird, yeap: I´m not agree either with what we see there but anyways are just movies.

By the way, one final thing, casually I found these pictures of Gael and Ernesto, Just take away the blue eyes, he may look close a little bit.
Ernesto Che Guevara

[Edited on 25/4/2005 by Don_Palantir]
silver_Tinuviel
Finrod's Harp
Send Message
on: April 25, 2005 09:05
Thank you so much for the pictures! :disco:
Hummm... yes, indeed, they look a bit close... But Gael is more beautiful .
silver_Tinuviel
Finrod's Harp
Send Message
on: May 09, 2005 10:24
Hi, Don_Palantir!
I found this article today. Enjoy!

http://newssearch.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4518213.stm

Kathlyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2005 02:13

Hi ! I am also a Gael fan - I've watched The Motorcycle Diaries twice.
I wanted to see Y tu mama tambien for ages, and still have to. But I didn't know he was in it - well, it will give me an extra incentive!
Ciao KaT
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email