Register

Author Topic:
Rulea
Council Member
Send Message
Post Of name changes and other things
on: April 23, 2005 06:14
Hi,

just wondering if there is someway to change your name and how can you put little sayins in the space above your avatar, example for the confused, Council member.
gwendeth
Accounts Admin, Sindarin Mod & Head Stargazer of Varda
Send Message
Post RE: Of name changes and other things
on: April 25, 2005 02:34
Hello,

I can change your username for you - if there's a valid reason for doing so - just send me a PM!

As for the 'little sayings' above the Avatars, those are 'ranks', and it depends. Everyone is a 'Council Member'. Admins and Mods have their positions listed so people know who is doing what on the site.

However, if you check under "My Account" and "User Points" you'll see that if you earn 25 User Points your rank changes to 'COE Volunteer'. One of the options for higher User Points is a 'Unique Rank', where you can pick one for yourself.

Hope that helps!

EDIT: here's the 'point list':

25: Volunteer Rank
50: Unique Avatar
100: Unique Rank
250: CoE Fridge Magnet

[Edited on 26/4/2005 by gwendeth]
"Tolo si, a tiro i cherth Eru" "Come now, and see the works of God"
~figwit~
Daydreamer of Ekkaia
Send Message
on: May 16, 2005 11:59
Is there any other way to earn points except for Downloads and submission to LHH and game things? if you want to add a quiz to the games section how do you do? and is it true that after you've earned 20 points from say.. downloads you can recieve no more from that section? thanks for any answers!
morwenna
News Admin and Taste Tester for LHH
Send Message
on: May 17, 2005 02:51
There are many other ways of earning points. Go to points in the My Account section for a full list.

Some examples of other ways to earn points include:

1-3 = for every accepted Encyclopedia entry (this excludes any where the admins have to edit it a lot)
2 = accepted Middle Earth section entry (excludes poems or instances where atalante_star has to do a lot of extra editing)
1 = for every gallery image that is not already in our gallery and are unique and of good quality (Excludes Members Pics and Fan Art)
1 = for every five links of value added to our links section
1-2 = for every background, wallpaper, bookmark or other download of good quality
2 = for every new and unique Quiz, Crossword or other game added to our games section
5 = for every piece of CoE merchandise purchased (must have proof of receipt -- contact Parmadur)
5 = for every new and unique idea that a member suggests and is utilized by the site
1 = for every news item accepted that did not require heavy editing by the Admins
1 = for every good Trivial Pursuit card (see the Games Forum)
1-5 = for submissions to the Humor Section (see Humor Submission Guidelines for specific values)

The maximum number of points you can earn in each section is 20.

If you have a quiz you want to submit I'd recommend you contact Lady~Eowyn, Games Assistant about htis

[Edited on 17/5/2005 by morwenna]
~figwit~
Daydreamer of Ekkaia
Send Message
on: May 17, 2005 09:35
Okey day! thank you morwenna! :hug:
FredGaelwynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2006 05:45
I hope this site is full of dreams and more...
Erebor
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2007 12:31
gwendeth, What do you consider as a valid reason to change your name ? :angel:
gwendeth
Accounts Admin, Sindarin Mod & Head Stargazer of Varda
Send Message
on: March 18, 2007 02:56
Hello, Erebor.

It really depends. There are a number of reasons, for example: someone accidentally misspelling their name; someone who registered with their real name and prefers not to keep that; if someone is being harassed, etc., I'll change it.

What I don't do is change usernames just because someone is 'bored' with their current one - not unless they've been a member for quite some time. I also only do a namechange once. - Those policies prevent folks from contacting me every other week to willy-nilly change their username.

If you want, PM me with your reason and I'll be happy to consider it.
"Tolo si, a tiro i cherth Eru" "Come now, and see the works of God"
Erebor
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2007 07:57
Oh, ok thank you gwendeth, I think I was one of those people who was just getting bored with their name. :blush: Sorry !! I have a question though, if I wanted to rejoin the CoE under a different name couldn't I just do that instead of applying for a new name ? Is that possible ? I'm really confused. :twitch:
Erebor
xXxArendilxXx
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2008 12:51
Um, could you get points for submitting a pick-your-path or adding a new entry into the dictionary?

I was wondering... How do you become a moderator of a forum? Because I think that would be really cool.

Man I wish I could change my name.... something like Arën so It could be shorter and easier to read....

(Random, but you know you're addicted to LoTR when you start reading man as the elvish man (what)
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email