Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
Post Broken Peace (See OOC)
on: June 17, 2005 05:23
Pippin Ivywood leaned forward into Miss Merryweather's front azalea flower garden. He hated to work in the summer times, especially when all his friends spent most of the days at the Green Dragon, enjoying ale and good times. Picking up his spade, he dug hardely into the earth, expossing the rich dark soil the hobbits bragged about so readily. He mumbled under his breath as he planted his last azaela for the evening.
Miss Meryyweather popped out of her front door and sneered at him with a face aged by giving insults and battery
"Now Pippin, don't go planting those dreadful dandalion seeds into my garden like you did last week. Those things aren't flowers to me."
Pippin sighed, he never planted the seeds, weeds are just like that and they infect gardens. But of course Miss Merryweather was one of those hobbits who insisted on knowing everything, despite their lack of knowlege in that field. Pippin did not reply but simply smiled. He got up and dusted of his pants.
Then a strange noise was heard from afar, thinking it was his friends at the Green Dragon he turned to yell at them. But instead he saw the far of hills infested with small lights, torches of orange and yellow. The cries were unnatural, unreal...
Miss Merryweather cried, "The devil has coem for us!" She disappeared into her hobbit hole with a large amount of hurrying inside.
Pippin ran down the hill and over the bridge to the Inn. One of his friends, Cecil ran by him.
"Cecil," he yelled at him, "What's going on!"
Cecil stopped only for a moment, "We need aid! I'm going to get help."
Pippin wanted to run after him and see what he could do to help but he stopped short when he felt a febble hand on his shoulder.
"We need to defend as long as we can," said an old sage, " Our Peace has been Broken."
Elafacwen
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Broken Peace (See OOC)
on: June 17, 2005 06:03
Rada sat upon her black gelding, Celebnaur, staring intently at the message she held in her hands. The Dunedain contacted herself and a fellow border guard, Alcarnor, about a dangerously increasing amount of orcs entering Shire territory. The situation had become so dire that the Rangers could no longer control the orcs themselves, and had called upon other elves to help them.
Rada folded up the quickly scribbled message, and looked to her traveling partner, Alcarnor.

"We are but a little while away from the destination of the Dunedain. Just over the horizon," she says as she points to the hills.
"We need to hurry, I fear for their safety."

[Edited on 18/6/2005 by Elafacwen]
nosila5956
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 18, 2005 10:00
Alcarnor shook himself out of thought. A large number of Orcs it must be indeed. Although the Dúnedain were few, they had the power to take down many. What catastrophe could have possibly forced their hand to reach for aid from outsiders?
“I fear for the Hobbits’ safety as well. If the number of Orcs is as great as I imagine, the Dúnedain will need more than a pair of Elves to keep the Shire safe,” Alcarnor replied drearily while trying to keep his mount from straying for food. The bay stallion, Rhovan, then stopped abruptly and twisted his ears about in alarm, listening for any sign of danger. Alcarnor attempted to soothe his mount, but to no avail. He instead retrieved his bow and knocked an arrow to it, listening along with Rhovan.
“The Orcs are near, prepare yourself.”
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 18, 2005 02:43
Pippin wandered away from the battlement which the Dunidan men had set up about a week ago. The shire was a mess. Bodies of orcs and few hobbits lay openly for the earth of absorb and many hobbit holes were caved in or burned. Pippin wanted to get away, so off he ventured toward a high rising hill.
Making his way he felt his tired body finally complain of little sleep and to much sword play. After having killed three orcs on his own, Pippin no longer felt a need for an adventure.
He stopped just outside a row of shrubs on the hill and fell at their edge. He breathed in the air, but did not find it soothing. It almost chocked him. He sat back up and rubbed his eyes.
"What I'm I to do? The orcs are to many in numbers. I havn't heard from Cecil since the attack...and..."
His mind grew weary of questions, so he got up and began to fiddle around with some sticks, picking them up and examining them.
"A nice widdling wouldn't hurt," he said while picking up a large, cyclinder one.
He pulled out his knife and began to widdle, not knowing his presence was heard...

*Don't hurt me!!! LOL*
Elafacwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 18, 2005 05:09
Rada silently slipped off her nervous horse and strung her bow with a dark blue feathered arrow. Motioning with her head for Alcarnor to follow her, the two elves silently moved in closer to the source of the sound which appeared to be coming from a bush. Even with the horses behind them on the road nervously snorting and palling the ground, the scrapping noise still went on in the shrubbery.

"What could this be?" Rada silently thought as herself and Alcarnor stood next to the bushes.

Rada tightened her grip on her slender bow and nodded to Alcarnor before they both crashed through the shrubs prepared to shoot anything that posed danger. The two elves never expected a young, confused hobbit to be in the place of an orc.

[Edited on 19/6/2005 by Elafacwen]
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 19, 2005 04:06
Pippin whirled around at the sound of the coming danger. His green eyes widdened as he was face to face with an arrow. Jumping back he screamed and held up his hands.
"Please," he cried under broken breath, " Don't hurt me! I...I was just widdling...and"
He didn't know what to say. He suddenly realized his attackers were beautiful people...perhaps they were, could they be elves? He gulped loudly and smiled.
nosila5956
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 19, 2005 04:41
Alcarnor got a full view of the supposed “Orc”, but it turned out to be a Hobbit instead, a rather frightened one at that. He lowered his bow and let out his held breath. It seemed no Orcs were near at the time.
“Rada, we should probably meet up with the Dúnedain to find where these Orcs are coming from. I greatly doubt either of us wishes to kill a Hobbit by mistake,” Alcarnor said and turned to the Halfling, “My companion and I are sorry for attacking you. Please forgive us; we are only here to help fight off the Orcs. Have you seen any other ‘Big Folk’, as you call us, near by?” What if he hasn’t seen Dúnedain? It hadn’t occurred to me before... What if they are all dead?
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 19, 2005 04:54
Pippin suddenly felt a ray of hope break through. He smiled and said excitedly, "Yes, the men are down by the Green Dragon! Dandy of a place!! real fine ales and the best pumpkin pies in the shire."
His face reddened, he was blabbing...silly him.
"Oh, excuse me...you probably want to talk to them," he playfully shot up his hand, "Follow me."

Pippin marched with his head held up high. He was bringing aid to the shire. The hobbits would praise him for his findings, the lasses would too.
Elafacwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 19, 2005 05:33
Rada smiled at the kind young hobbit. Even though Alcarnor and herself nearly killed him, he seemed barely fazed by the whole incident.
The hobbit led the two elves down the hill where they retrieved their horses and continued along the small road. After a short while the three came upon a once cozy little tavern, but was now in a little bit rougher shape due to the orcs.
Rada and Alcarnor tied their mounts to the hitching post and made their way to the entrance where the young hobbit guide was standing.
"Thank you for your kind service Master Hobbit." Rada said as she held her right hand to her heart and inclined her head."

Lysse
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2005 01:42
Maegden grunted as she tightened the knot in the frayed rope, anchoring her old donkey Bryne to the hitching post outside the Green Dragon. Wiping a hand across her sweaty forehead, she pulled her small bag off Bryne and hoisted over her shoulder. Smelling the familiar scent of strong ale and dirty men, Maegden pushed her way through the doors of the tavern.
Scanning the room full of merry Hobbits, a frown came over Maegden's face. Not here yet! If he doesn't show up in ten minutes I'll hunt him down and pull the money he owes me out of his ear! she thought angrily. She sat down at a table near the front of the tavern, glaring at the door.
Soon after she sat down, a Hobbit entered the tavern with two tall Elves. That's something you don't see every day, thought Maegden as she pursed her lips. She peered at the trio curiously. Why does that Hobbit look so familiar?
nosila5956
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2005 05:16
Alcarnor hit his head on a ceiling beam the moment he walked into the Green Dragon. After cursing his height, he got a good look around the room. Pipe smoke was everywhere and nearly every Hobbit had a mug of ale in his hand. A few were rather tipsy at that. Alcarnor finally spotted the Dúnedain in a corner discussing something over top a map. None of the Dúnedain here he knew personally, so he introduced both Rada and himself. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed a younger female Hobbit watching them. The inhabitants of Hobbiton had gotten rather used to seeing larger folk since Orcs started attacking, why had she taken such an interest all of a sudden? Although it did seem her gaze was more focused on the Hobbit who had shown them to the Green Dragon than the two of them. Either way, it was rather strange. Alcarnor gave Rada a slight nudge in their onlooker’s direction.
Elafacwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2005 09:13
Rada's throat burned and her eyes watered once they entered the tavern. She was sightly embarrassed about it because no one else seemed to have a problem with all the smoke.
After being introduced to the Dunedain, Rada felt Alcarnor give her a slight nudge in the direction of a hobbit who seemed to be staring intently in their direction. Rada nodded to Alcarnor in understanding then looked to their hobbit guide.
"That hobbit lass sitting alone at the table over there, do you know her?"
She asked quietly to the halfling.

(Hello Lysse!!)
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2005 10:32
[Sorry I've been gone helping out at my churches orginization kids camp ]

Pippin looked briskly in the direction the elf ment. His attention was drawn emidiately to her eyes. He knew her, from one of his small adventures. A smile grew across his face and he gave a look at the Rada, "No need to worry, kind miss. This hobbit I do know."
With that he bowed to Rada, dismissing himself of her company and went to join the hobbit.
On his way he picked up two mugs to bring to the hobbits table. He sat down quickly across from her and slid the glass over, causing some of the ale to foam out.
"How do you do miss? I'm Pippin Ivywood...are you new around here," he teased with hidden excitement.

[Nice to ahve ya with us Lysse!!]
Lysse
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2005 12:41
[Thanks for making me feel welcome. Any chance to show off my first little char.]

Maegden was slightly surprised when the familiar-looking Hobbit crossed the room and sat down next to her with two drinks in his hand. He pushed one over to her, but she simply frowned at the foaming ale.
Pippin Ivywood, thought Maegden as the Hobbit introduced himself. Doesn't ring a bell. "I suppose I am new here," she said to him, discreetly pushing the ale away from her. "I recently rode over from Bree to meet a friend of mine." Where is that fat git with my money? she thought again with a glare toward the front door of the tavern.
She noticed the Hobbit looking at her curiously. "Er, sorry if I'm a bit distraced, Mr. Ivywood. M'name's Maegden Olivestrum, from Hobbiton."
nosila5956
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2005 05:29
Alcarnor watched the two Hobbits for a moment, then went back to discussing tactics with the Dúnedain.
“The Orcs have let up a little, so in the areas where they’re hitting less, we have Hobbit archers on watch. They seem to be coming from the south. Mostly the Orcs are attacking Willowbottom and Deephallow, but others are coming as far as Bywater and Hobbiton,” said Gethron, the leader of this particular group of Dúnedain. A map of the Shire lay on the table in front of them, Gethron pointing to it as he spoke. “Rada, Alcarnor, I want the both of you to help the Dúnedain at Deephallow, they’re in sore need of backup. Elendur can lead you there tomorrow. Tonight, collect what provisions and equipment you may need. There’s an Inn near here, although I suggest sleeping on the floor in a sleeping bag; these beds weren’t made for Men and Elves.”

Shire map for those of you who haven’t memorized the silly thing (not that I have @_@): http://www.douglas.eckhart.btinternet.co.uk/maps-the-shire-01.jpg
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2005 04:14
Awecwardly he rubbed his curly hair and gave a smile smile.
He thought he had seen her somewhere before...but perhaps he was mistaken.
He let out a small grunt and continued in conversation
"The shire has been full of orcs lately, I've been on guard," he boasted proudfully, forgetting to mention he was just a small watch hobbit and experienced little conflict.
"I suppose you would know about the orcs though..."
He became immediatly shy and picked up his mug, took a big gulp and got up, "Well, I should go...the elves may need me."
With that he left the hobbit lass and ventured over to the table full of Dunidains and the elves.
He stood off to the side, watching with excitedment, but he tryed to appear uninterested, although his eyes desived him greatly.
"Thats teh map of the shire...I wonder what they are talking about? Where are they sending the elves?
In Pippin's heart he was ready for another adventure. Perhpas they needed a guide...
Elafacwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2005 05:30
Rada listened carefully to the information the Dunedain had to give them, but a singe thought kept coming forth from the back of her mind.
"What could be causing this? Why have the orcs attacked so suddenly, and with such great numbers?"
When the two Dundedain were finished with their news, Rada turned her attention to Alcarnor.
"Well I don't know about you, but sleep sounds like a comforting thought after all the goings of today," she said as she turned to the exit, but then paused.
"On second thought, where is this inn?" Rada asked as she looked to the Dunedain, then to the Hobbit guide that was still standing next to Alcarnor, beaming with joy for some unknown reason.

(*facepalm* evil evil dialogue...)
Lysse
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 24, 2005 11:12
Maegden pursed her lips in thought as she watched Pippin leave. She noticed with disdain his rather pompous attitude, but if he had any information about the attacks on the Shire, she wanted to know. Many of her friends had been forced to leave home because of the orcs, and Maegden wanted to see an end to it. With a quick glance at the front door, she decided to leave the table and follow Pippin. Stupid git probably won't show up with my money anyway, she thought as she headed over to the Hobbit and his Elven friends who were carefully studying a map of sorts.
She came up to Pippin slowly. She would have to treat this delicately; if she said something wrong she would lose her chance of gaining information she did not have. As she approached, she heard talk of an inn. Yes, this would be a perfect opportunity to join the conversation.
"Excuse me, Mr. Ivywood, do you know where I might find lodgings for tonight?"
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 24, 2005 02:03
Pippin looked deeply up at Rada and smiled, hoping to answer both the hobbit lasses question and hers.
"The inn, oh, it's not far from here. It's actually very close to my own hobbit hole."
Pippin thought a moment, then realized his hobbit hole was one of the holes burned to almsot no return. He looked down.
"I may be joining you all in at the inn tonight, I have lost much due to the attacks."
He looked over at the hobbit lass, "We can get to know each other better that way, and my elf friends of course, if you don't mind?"
nosila5956
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2005 07:11
Rada and Alcarnor walked out of the Green Dragon, the two Hobbits in front leading the way to the inn. Behind them the sunset stained everything in a warm orange glow. The Hobbits chattered away about various happenings in the Shire, but it was rather surprising almost none of it was about the recent attacks.
“They almost seem as if nothing is wrong, that their lives are just carrying on as normal. This is the one thing I envy most of the Hobbits. No other race of Middle-earth would be capable of keeping such an optimistic disposition in times of crisis,” Alcarnor said to Rada as he looked about the village. As he watched, something caught his eye. There was something moving in the shadows beside a Hobbit hole. Before the others could see what it was, Alcarnor jumped in the way just as two arrows shot toward them. He cringed as one entered his shoulder and the other into his side. Behind him he could hear Rada ordering Maegden and Pippin to run for cover as she retrieved her bow. Alcarnor slumped to the ground at her feet and fell into unconsciousness.

OOC: I’m sorry about this, but I’m leaving for three weeks and I couldn’t think of anything better. He’s not dead, so he might come back later if I have a chance to get on. One week at the least, three at the most. (Not sure if I’ll have internet access...). I know the fighting is a bit abrupt, but at least you have something to do now. We all seemed to have had a sudden case of writers block... Talk/type/whatever to you guys later. Bye!
-Nosila
Elafacwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2005 12:53
At first everything was in slow motion; Alcarnor jumping in front of her and the hobbits, the twang of a bow, the whistle of arrows, and the sickening sound of the projectiles tearing through flesh and bone. Then the world came back to Rada in a rush as her warrior instincts kicked in. She protectively stood in front of Alcarnor's fallen form with her bow drawn, ordering the hobbits to run. She fired off her first arrow and wickedly smiled as her shot hit true, striking an orc that was attempting to shoot the fleeing halflings. Rada fired another blue feathered arrow and missed the second orc as she dodged an unexpected projectile that slightly grazed her right shoulder. Cursing under her breath Rada hastily finished off the orc that tried to shoot her, but the last one was nowhere to be seen.
She silently approached the ruins of the hobbit hole with her bow drawn and her senses on high alert. A scuttling sound to her right alerted her and she swiftly fired her arrow, killing the last orc that was lurking in the ruins.
Rada quickly made her way back to Alcarnor who was lying with his back turned to her on the ground. She knelt next to him and gently rolled him upon his back where she could asses his injuries. Rada was alarmed by the amount of blood Alarnor had lost, and what was even more disturbing was the blood Alcarnor was coughing up.
Rada pulled her small pack off of her back and pulled out an extra cloak, the only thing she could find to temporarily stop the blood flow. She ripped the cloak in half and firmly pressed it to the two grave wounds. Alcarnor stirred from the pain, but no other reaction was present.
"Stay with me Alcarnor," Rada silently pleaded in elvish.
Knowing she had to act quickly Rada gently scooped Alcarnor's bloody form into her arms and went off to find the Dunedain who would more than likely have a healer among them, praying to the Valar that Maegden and Pippin were safe.

(tee hee that was fun)
Lysse
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2005 06:57
[Silver said she would be gone this week, so I'll step in a wee bit, pip pip wot wot?]

Maegden yelped as battle cries and firing arrows filled the air. She heeded the she Elf's order immediately, sprinting away from the battle toward the nearest shelter. When she did not hear Hobbit feet plodding behind her, she whirled around to see Pippin standing stock still where she had left him, too petrified to move. Grunting, she rushed over to him and grabbed the Hobbit by the shirt collar. She yanked him toward an abandoned Hobbit hole, shrieking as an arrow flew past her ear and struck the ground beside her with a resounding thud.
When the two frightened Hobbits finally hurled themselves inside the empty Hobbit hole, Maegden collapsed on the ground, breathing heavily, knowing she had never run so fast in her short life. After a minute, she looked up to Pippin, who still wore an expression of shock on his face as he sat in the shadows.
"Are you bloomin' mad?" Maegden exclaimed at the Hobbit, still panting heavily. "I have to risk my skin because you're to scared to---" She stiffened as she heard footsteps outside of the small home. Pippin seemed to have heard them too. They soon got louder, and Maegden could detect the gruff but hushed voices of what sounded to be grown Men.
Willing her heart to still, she crept along the wall to where Pippin sat still in the dark, peeking through a small window as she passed it. Outside, not even ten yards away, approached a small band of Men, all of them armed. Maegden's throat caught in her breath. They had heard her outburst, no doubt, for they were cautiously stepping toward the Hobbit hole, hands on their weapons.
Maegden bit her lip as she slunk into the shadows, leaning against the wall and closing her eyes. Pippin still had not said a word, but she could sense he was as frightened as she was.
Suddenly, the footsteps stopped. Maegden slowly opened one eye, not daring to hope the danger had gone. She held her breath for what seemed to be a full minute, awaiting what would happen.
She let out her breath sharply as the front door burst open, casting light onto the two terrified Hobbits. Tremors racked Maegden's body as two large men stepped into the Hobbit hole, hunching because of their height. The first stepped over to the Hobbits menacingly, and again Maegden found her breath gone from her from the man's stench. He leaned his face down close to hers, then, with a wicked grin that showed his few rotting teeth, said, "Well, well. Who have we here?"
Elafacwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2005 06:00
Rada gently lowered Alcarnor down beside the Green Dragon, propping him against the cool stone wall. He gave a soft moan and shut his eyes tightly against the pain.
"I am going to get you help, but I must leave you outside of the tavern. Do you understand?" Rada softly asked Alcarnor. He weakly nodded in understanding and Rada made her way for the entrance.
When she entered the tavern she hastily made her way to the table the Dunedain were seated at. They both looked up at her as she approached and were surprised to find blood upon her attire.
"My lady, are you injured?" Gethron asked as he stood to face Rada.
"Nay, but my traveling companion was shot when we and the two hobbits were attacked by orcs. He desperately needs a healer and I know not of where the halflings are and if they are even safe." She quickly told the Rangers.
"Where is your friend now?" Elendur worriedly asked.
"He is outside. I couldn't possibly bring him in knowing that the hobbits would be frightened and possibly panic."
"Then let us hurry," Elendur said as the three hastily made their way back to Alcarnor.

(I'm sorry... it's short but better than nothing, I think)
nosila5956
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2005 11:35
(I’ve been back for a week, but I’ve kinda been procrastinating about posting... heh... sorry...^_^;; I can’t do too much with Alcarnor at the moment, obviously, so I guess I’ll take over Gethron. I’ve taken a liking to him anyway. Elafacwen is taking Elendur)

Alcarnor laid upon the ground in a clouded delirium, the pain of the arrows the only thing his mind could focus on. He heard footsteps rush up beside him along with Rada and Gethron’s voices. They sounded worried, but what exactly they were saying, Alcarnor couldn’t make out. He opened his eyes for a moment to find the world around him blurred. Nothing made sense anymore except for the pain within him. It hurt so much...
Gethron knelt down beside Alcarnor and sighed. A pool of blood had started to form on the ground.
“Elendur, I want you to take Alcarnor someplace safe and do whatever you can to help him. I am going with Rada to find the Hobbits; they are probably in danger if even Hobbiton is under attack,” He said, a morose tone in his voice. The two Rangers traded positions and Gethron left with Rada in the direction the Hobbits were last seen.
Elafacwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2005 03:37
Elendur looked up to Gethron's worried face as he knelt next to the injured elf, giving a quick nod in understanding at Gethron's command. He then gently scooped Alcarnor into his arms and made his way to his saddled horse at the hitching post.
"I shall bring him to the Ranger post on the edge of Hobbiton," Elendur said as soon as he mounted his bay mare. He then quickly spurred her off in the direction with Alcarnor safely seated in front of him.

Rada sadly looked on as Elendur and Alcarnor disappeared over the hill. The last thing she saw was the horse's black tail catch in the breeze that blew by and toyed with Rada's raven hair before gently releasing it.
"Lady Rada? We must hurry if we are to find the halflings," Rada heard Gethron tell her from atop his gray gelding. She turned to face him and gave a slow nod before gracefully swinging onto the gelding's back behind Gethron.
Upon arrival of the hobbit ruins where they were attacked, Rada jumped off the horse and notched her bow, scanning the area to make sure no orcs returned to the dilapidated dwelling. Upon finding no evidence of life other than a few song birds, Rada motioned to Gethron who stood on the other side of the horse with his sword drawn.
She then quickly scanned the ground for tracks and quickly found the fresh imprints in the grass, heading down the small hill. Gethron and Rada followed the disturbed grass until they came to a bend.
The two were just about to walk around it to the other side when Rada suddenly grabbed Gethron's arm, stopping him from walking any further.
"Something seems amiss," She whispered as she drew her bow. The elf and the Dunadan slowly rounded the bend with their weapons drawn and came to another dilapidated hobbit hole, with a man standing outside with a wicked grin on his face, holding Celebnaur and Rhovan by their reins. Rada quickly made the assumption that it was a Ranger that had found their two horses around Hobbiton, but soon the theory was eliminated when the man that had been standing in the door way moved and out came another human with both Pippin and Maegden kicking and yelling in his arms.

[Edited on 2/8/2005 by Elafacwen]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email