Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
jedi_eowyn
Council Member
Send Message
Post Any INTO THE WEST fans here?
on: June 20, 2005 08:16
Hello fellow Tolkien fans, :wave: I was just wondering if any of you like the new mini series on TNT called INTO THE WEST. I think that it is very good, and sad, and portrays the native americans' stuggle well.

What about you?
:feedback:
newsgirl
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Any INTO THE WEST fans here?
on: June 20, 2005 06:38
I've heard about it, but I don't have cable so...
I thought you were talking about the song at the end of RotK!
faramirofminastirith
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2005 08:49
*points to self* Me!! It's really good. It's the only thing on TV I actually want to watch..
~hobbitluver~
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2005 04:47
Seems like we have really similar TV and movie tastes, jedi_eowyn! Yeah, that show is great! I Actually just started watching Sunday--I saw the second half of the first episode when they replayed it and all of the second one. NOw I'm really excited to see what happens next!!!
Rivka
Frodo Fanatic and Head Oligarch
Send Message
on: June 21, 2005 05:17
I'm enjoying it, but I wish they weren't rushing through some parts so fast. I would have enjoyed seeing more of the relationship between the character played by Keri Russell and Prairie Fire.
"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
truegirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2005 05:59
I agree with Rivka on the rushing thing. I've been watching this also but I don't like the way they rush through major plot points. There is very little in the way of character development so it's hard to get attached to any of the characters. I wanted to see more of the Naomi/Prairie Fire relationship, too. And I hate the voice overs. I wish they would do away with them altogether. But I give them props for using actual Native American actors who are speaking Lakota or other native languages.
jedi_eowyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2005 11:10
I don't really like how they rush either, but I love the voice overs, I believe that it is the same person who does the voice of Powhatan in Disney's Pochantas, I have loved that movie since I was little. I wish that the time would not go by so fast, it confuses me and I have to think okay is this the same person or someone new?
Hobbitluver that is so funny, that is three shows that we both like! Well 5, counting LOTR.
I can't wait to this Friday!
jedi_eowyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2005 09:14
Did you guys see Sean Astin in last week's episode!? I thiught that was so funny!!! I couldn't help but keep thinking, hmm, so this is what Sam did after Mr. Frodo went to the grey havens. I laughed so hard. !
Salquelatine
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2005 10:10
OMG! Sry thought I'd give a shout out. My uncle and his gf play in it. Mom's really happy about this new deal and so is everyone else (3 uncle's and one aunt along with all their spouses) Everyone sits down and watches it together.
newsgirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2005 11:39
coolio. Who do they play???
jedi_eowyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2005 10:26
Oh my goodness that is so cool! Who do they play?! You know what is wierd, teechnically you know everybody who is in the series, so in some way you know Sean Astin so you know everybody in LOTR, and you can go on and on. Lucky! That is so cool!
Salquelatine
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2005 02:32
My uncle plays Jacob Wheeler and his gf plays his wife, Thunder Heart Woman. I have yet to meet her, but she is suppose to come over one time for dinner. lol. My uncle never did any scenes with Sean, but he has talked to him a little and says he's very nice. When my friend found out Astin was in it she shrieked and asked me to tape it.

But the bad thing is I missed the premeire. A few of my cuz got to go to the Atlanta one, and my aunt Carol got to got to the New York one.

So which one is your fav episode (so far)
jedi_eowyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2005 01:30
Wow!! Jacob Wheeler and Thunder Heart Woman!!!!!!! They are my favorite characters!!!! Tell them that they are AWESOME actors!!!!!!!! My mom and I never miss an episode! I am not sure about my favorite episode, I like the 2nd and 3rd, but I keep missing some parts of the first one. Last night's episode was sooooooooooo sad, how Ethan died, and Light Shines would not go home. Okay so here is a "chain" that shows how you know everybody in LOTR:
Your uncle knows Skeet Ulrich who plays Jethro Wheeler,
who had a scene with Sean Astin,
Sean Astin knows Peter Jackson
who basically knew everyone in LOTR.
A chain that shows how you know everyone in Star Wars:
Your uncle had to of talk to the director,
who must have at some time talked to producer Steven Spielburg, who is one of George Lucas's closest friends,
George Lucas directed Star Wars and is a friend to a ton of the actors and actresses,
sorry for rambling I just think that is SOOOO awesome.
Salquelatine
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 11, 2005 08:03
lol I'll be sure to tell him when I talk to him soon.

I think last night's episode was the best. But it was sad when she wouldn't go back and they destroyed the village. :cry: I can't wait for next weeks!
Salquelatine
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2005 06:07
Did anyone see the newest episode "Causalities of War"? I thought it was so sad how they took all the indian children away. I would have probably done exactly what "George" did. I can't belive the last episode is airing this week!
jedi_eowyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2005 02:09
Last weekend's was soooooooo sad and depressing. It was terrible how the indian children couldn't even keep their indian possessions. It makes me sad. I wish that the last episode wasn't so soon! I hope that it comes out on DVD or something!
But i think that the 3rd episode was the best, how Light Shines finally found her father. That so was good.
I probably would have done the same thing as George also.
Fellowship
Leader of Lórien
Send Message
on: August 15, 2005 03:42
That was nice of you Sal For mentoning me. Yep I'm the friend who shreiked. I have yet to see it, But since Sal is taping it for me, I'll see it soon.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email