Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
Post Aragorns Journey before the war of the Rings ((Come and Join Us))
on: June 22, 2005 02:10
((Aragorn and the ranger are my characters, bring in your characters as you see fit. If you need to, you can use my characters but,please try not to. Thanks))
The Ranger rode up To Aragorn."Good sir." Aragorn said."I am Gilinath. I need you to come with me." With that some one approached them from behind Gilinath.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Aragorns Journey before the war of the Rings ((Come and Join Us))
on: June 28, 2005 03:50
((acctually if someone else wants to be Aragorn, That would be much appreciated. All are welcome, bring your oown characters or use LOTR cahracters.This really doesn't have a plot yet, I was thinking that the people who joined it could um decide what happens.))

The Ranger led Aragorn away from where the stood to a sucluded spot. Gilinath told Aragorn of a secret place hidden from the rest of the world. This place needed to be found before the rising of the dark-lord and a new dark empire being forged.
LadyYavanna
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2005 07:16
Is it too late to join this thread? I hope not. My character is Nessa. She's evil. Who is the Dark Lord? Sauron, Morgoth, or someone else?

Nessa rode her horse up the small hill. She jerked the reins and checked her horse to a stop.

"Aragorn and that Ranger have already met. My Master wanted the Ranger dead before he reached Aragorn, but two bodies will do." With her was a scouting party of about 13 men." Search the area. Be wary. That Ranger has escaped us before. GO."
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2005 11:07
((Ooo! I'll be Aragorn for you! I've never played a character from the books before, should be fun!))

Aragorn took a moment to let what Gilinath said sink in. "Who is this Dark Lord you speak of? I need---" He stopped short and put a finger to his lips. He listened for a minute and put his hand on the hilt of his sword. "Have you been followed?" He asked, just loud enough for him to hear. The Ranger followed his example and pulled his sword from it's sheathe. From what Aragorn could hear it was a dozen men on horseback, very near them.
voryulda
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2005 11:15
(Could i join? My elf charrie is on DB)

The elf rode upon his horse through the wild. He was ever cautious as he had never been this way on his many letter deliveries for Lord Elrond. He was looking for Aragorn. The letter was from Lady Arwen. He kept it close to his heart as he rode so it didn't fall out. He could just about see two figures with swords out. the elf drew his bow and jumped off his horse. He silently ran close to them and hid behind a small tree to listen in.
dark_strider_dragon_rider
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2005 08:17
( Could I join? I will be using Anarion, he is argorns younger twin brother. I am not going to use his magic since we are tin the TT forum.)

Anarion had watch as the new rangger had asked Aragorn to leav with him and so when they left Anarion fallowed them silently on Shadowfang. Anarion had his dog, Anaamarth, his snake, Ardagnir, and his falcon, Feael all with him and he watched and fallowed Aragorn and the Ranger until they stoped to camp. After a little while Anarion saw Aragorn and the Ranger pull there weapons and then he heard about a dozen men comriding towards Aragorn and the ranger so he grabed his twin swords Nauralogos, and Naurgwaen, and then rode out to Aragorn and the ranger and jumped off Shadowfang and looked at Aragorn and the ranger and said " I thought you could use some help so here I am."

[Edited on 18/7/2005 by dark_strider_dragon_rider]
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2005 06:25
"Anarion! Why did you follow me? We have this under control." Aragorn said, his brother just smiled at him. "Alright, fine. You are right. It is best you are here, do be careful, though. I wouldn't like to lose you." He said, and stood beside his brother, ready to fight whatever came upon them next. He noticed an Elf behind the tree and looked over to him, expecting him at some point to attack.

[Edited on 19/7/2005 by Frodurien]
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2005 01:24
( OK! First off my charecter is the same age as Aragorn, he is probably only like ten or fiften minutes younger than him. Secon off please read my bio, yeah I can see why someone would want to kill Anarion he is a strong fighter, and a horrible enemy. He is very skilled with all weapons and his animals that are with him are good at fighting as well, so could you guys change your post just a little. I mean this is the ierdist way Anarion has ever been treated in any thread I have ever put him in. Anarion has lived by himself for half his life, and the other half was split between the elves, dwarves, ents, and even the Valar themseleves, so please consider this and chage yout post concerning Anarion because you make him sound like a little child who is barely 10. No offense intended to anyone.)
voryulda
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2005 06:51
When he realised that it was Aragorn the elf revealed himself fully. He stooped low and ran to them.
"My lord I bring thee a letter." He pulled out an envolope from inside his jacket and handed it to him.
"It is from the lady Arwen"
LadyYavanna
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2005 07:06
Sorry about that. Didn't have time to read anyone's character descriptions. When I did that post, I had 15 minutes. We were about to go out of town. Sorry again. I erased my post. Now that I had enough time to sit down and read Anarion's bio,well I hope this is better.

Nessa rode slowly behind the Men as they searched the area for Aragorn and the Ranger.

"Aragorn. I know you are here. Surrender now. You don't want to have a massacre on your hands. What's this? Your brother is here aswell. Anarion I believe is your name. Show yourself. I wish to properly introduce myself and my blade."

Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2005 08:21
Aragorn snatched the letter from Voryulda and tucked it in his vest. "This is not the best time, Voryulda, but thank you." He said, and decided since his position was most likely given away already he nodded to his brother and Gilinath, having the three of them step into plain veiw at the same time. This would be a tough fight, but they did have a chance, and Aragorn had decided to take it. The three had their weapons drawn and stood proudly, all eyes on Nessa.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 24, 2005 05:09
((Finally people have come, Thank you all very much for joining me. I Like where this is going))

Gilinath smiled as they awaited an attack. Whilest he knew it to be an unwise move to taunt an oponent who out numbered you but he said,"You wished to make an introduction, How come you have yet to say a word." Gilinath was a wise ass and his ways would never chage.
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 26, 2005 12:01
Anarion yelled back at Nessa " You can try and get your blade within reach of killing me, but once you get close enough for the death blow the death shall be yous not mine. For I am the Herald of the Valar and to even believe that you have a chance to kill me is a joke, and it's not exactly a funny one at that you stuppid wich. Know you can prepare to met my blade.
Lady_Elbereth
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 26, 2005 09:16
((ooc: Hello, all. I hope it's not too late for me to join...I'll be using one of my original characters - Anariel Narie. If you'd like to read her bio, please do so! In this thread, I'll not be using her magic or mentioning her Ranger status, since this is the Totally Tolkien forum So yeah. Here goes!))

~~~
Silent were the steps of the tall, muscular white stallion as he carefully picked his way through the dark wood. His breath was steady, and even. Sat upon the back of the great horse was a tall, slender hooded figure. Gold eyes peered out from under the scarlet hood, and tresses of long, dark red hair fell infront of them. This elleth, Anariel Narie, was an elf of Mirkwood, and an adventurous one at that. She was, at the moment, on her way back to her home from Imladris, but the sounds of urgent voices halted Anariel and her steed...

(quote)"You can try and get your blade within reach of killing me, but once you get close enough for the death blow the death shall be yours not mine. For I am the Herald of the Valar and to even believe that you have a chance to kill me is a joke, and it's not exactly a funny one at that you stuppid wich. Know you can prepare to met my blade."

It was a male's voice that spoke. Anariel urged Arod forward at a slow, cautious pace, curious as to what was going on up ahead.

'Herald of the Valar...?' Anariel thought, almost in awe of such a title. As the clearing that the group was in came into view, many others, as well as the owner of the voice, could be seen.

They seemed as if they were watching the woods for something. Anariel studied the faces of the men, and layed a gloved hand on the hilt of her elvish blade. The looks on their faces did not bode well, the elleth knew. Some evil rested within the woods around them, and perhaps she could offer what help she could give, if it was needed.

The elf and the stallion sat in the shadows, just barely visible to others around them. Anariel thought it best to wait until they'd spotted her, instead of just barging in - just in case her assumptions were wrong.

~~~
(ooc: Sorry this is so short, but I have to go to archery like...now. Hope this is all right!!!)
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2005 07:14
((Not too late to join, and too answer your question Lady Yavanna, I was thinkin' Sauron... Oh, and Gilinath is not ussually weird like this...))
Gilinath was kinda dumb struck and weirded out by this whole situation he had got him self into. He was sodumbstruck that he was holucinating. He was Imagining he saw a beautiful Lady on a beautiful White stallion. Even though he thought he was Hallucinating, he stared anyway.
Lady_Elbereth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2005 08:05
Anariel narrowed her gaze on one of the men, who was staring directly where she was standing in the shadows as if he'd had a spell cast on him. She collected her courage and rode from her hiding place out to the group, bowing in the saddle.

"Mae govannen(well met), good sirs." Anariel said, speaking quietly. "I thought that perhaps you needed some assistance... You seemed...distressed."

She looked over at the man who had been staring at her and smiled amusedly.
"You assume you are seeing things... when, in fact, you are not. I am Anariel Narie, an elf of Mirkwood, at your service."

Arod snorted loudly in protest, clearly saying, "You forgot someone!" in his own tongue.

The elf laughed quietly and patted the stallion on the neck, "And this is Arod."

[Edited on 15/8/2005 by Lady_Elbereth]
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2005 10:05
"Gilinath, at your service. Glad for the help I would be." Gilinath smiled back. How could someone so beautiful not be a halucination?"Hello Arod."
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 13, 2005 12:50
(( can i join? Zee is in the database.))

"I was hoping for a fight. with the way this is going, i don't think that's what i'm gonna get." Zee sat on the branch of a tree, fingering the scar on her cheek. she dropped down from the tree and walked up to Gilinath. "and where are you going?" She pulled out her boot knife and started fingering the blade, waiting for an answer.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 17, 2005 03:00
"Going!? Why does it concern you where I am going? Who are you smart alick?" Gilinath did not feel like dealing with this at all. It was not his job.He was paid to take Aragorn to a secluded spot and take care of a problem not to deal with this. GAH! This was so frustrating.
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 17, 2005 04:50
She slid her knife back into her boot. "I do not think it matters who i am, but i will tell you. My name is Zee. I wander these lands. Now, i've told you who i am, now you must tell me where you are going, and if i wish to come with, i will." Zee smiled inwardly at being called a smart alick. Obviously they had never met Pherphin.

[Edited on 12/17/2005 by superlegolas]
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2005 09:12
"Nice to meet you Zee. Now that I know who you are I most certainly will tell you where I am going." Gilinath said sarcastically." We- Where's Aragorn?"
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2005 12:26
"You must be blind, for he walked off when i appeared." She smiled smugly. "I saw him." She thought for a second. "maybe i'll tell you where he went, maybe i won't." She paused. "Nope, i don't think i will."
Lady_Elbereth
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2006 10:05
(GAH. O_O I've not posted here in...ages...so sorry.)

Ana looked at Zee, dismounting Arod and sweeping her hood back as she did. She had an almost ranger-like look to her... her clothes were worn, and weatherbeaten, and her overall look seemed knowledgeable in the ways of the Wild. Her gold eyes narrowed and she gently stroked her stallion's muzzle as she spoke in a quiet, steady tone.

"Perhaps you should tell where the ranger has gone," her gaze broke away from Zee as she swept her gaze over the others in the clearing. "I'm sure his companions would appreciate it greatly if you did."

The elf turned to adjust her horse's saddle, and checked her saddle bags.
"For the one called Aragorn seems of great importance to them," she said. Ana knew, of course, of Aragorn's heritage, and his unwillingness to take his rightful place as King of Gondor.

She then turned to Gilinath, taking Arod's reins up once more.

"I will help you find him, if she will not tell you where he's gone," she said, one hand rested on the hilt of her longsword, a cranky Arod at her side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Perhaps you have not posted in so long that you have missed the New Guidelines for TR at the top of this forum. Please read that thread.

And edit this post to correct the shared conversation between an animal and a person. You may say that he "acted" as though he was saying but animals and humans/elfs/dwarfs do NOT speak to each other.

Thank you
The Moderators

[Edited on 3/1/2006 by berethedhellen]

~~~
I apologize for the mistake in my post. I hadn't realized that a conversation between my character and her animal was against the rules.

Thank you
-Elle-

[Edited on 4/1/2006 by Lady_Elbereth]
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2006 11:29
((Good to see you back))

"I see it as compltely fair," Zee said, narrowing her eyes at the girl. "They have not answered my questions, so i will not answer theirs." Zee started to walk away, then seemed to have had a better iidea. "Why is a mere ranger so important. Unless..." She turned to Gilnath, "He is not one." She smiled at Gilnath smugly. "I must go now. Farewell!"
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email