Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Illuin
Council Member
Send Message
Post Batman
on: June 28, 2005 03:22
ok srry if there's already a thread about this because if there is I didn't see it (srry) but hey anyone see the new Batman Begins movie? I personally thought it was awesome...any thoughts?
Nick_5
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Batman
on: June 28, 2005 03:49
Yeah is was awesome

Much more darker then any of the other Batman films made but this was great (though I have to say the League of Shadows stuff was a bit much).

I hope the same cast comes back and does a sequel.
eldir
Mirkwood Enigma
Send Message
on: June 29, 2005 04:13
Batman Begins is great! I didn't really expect to like it much, and I wasn't sure what to expect from Christian Bale, but I was very pleasantly surprised on both counts. Adam West is still my Batman, but Christian did a great job...this'll probably get me in trouble, but I actually thought he was the best since Adam West. Fingers crossed for a sequel!
Illuin
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2005 06:06
Sequel, sequel, sequel!!! I liked the League of shadows stuff/ no offense of course but something different anyway that you haven't seen before. Liam Neeson was a good mentor-he has that teacher personality to him u know? Scarecrow surprised me quite a bit! I recognized the character as an old villian of the cartoon series that I grew up on halfway thru the movie. And the movie theater I was in had the volume on max so yea...any part where they wanted you to jump out of ur seat...they got me :rolleyes:

[Edited on 29/6/2005 by Illuin]
gaelowyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2005 04:43
I loved the movie too. I think they needed the beginning as it was, in order to sort of "cleanse" our collective memories of the first films in the batman series. you know, a sort of bad movie exorcism?! anyways, my main concern going in was that bale would play it much like "American Psycho", although his crazyness would be for good, not chainsawing people. but once he came on screen, i never again thought about AP, it was him as batman, and that's all i saw!
great movie, and an awesome new beginning to the franchise.
merry07ushs
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2005 05:02
I thought it was good. I saw it at the drive in and a bat flew on our window during the movie....how ironic? lol. But, yeah I liked it. My mom thinks it was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 My older brother said it was okay...it could of been better. My favourite part was When they show his parents dying. It gave you a look at what he had to suffer. I know they kind of touched on their death in other ones but this one put the image more in your mind.
Nerwin_Artanis
Queen of the Night
Send Message
on: June 30, 2005 07:33
Yes, Batman Begins is really magnificent...

What struck me the most about it is that Gotham really, genuinely feels like the Gotham of the comic books. I don't think either Burton or Schumacher had a clue how to properly illustrate Gotham. But it's fanastic in Begins...like a darker, more tiwsted Chicago, very noirish, but not carrying it into kitsch.

The castings are amazing. Tom Wilkinson as Carmine Falcone? Brilliant! Never would have thought of it myself, but now I can't imagine anyone else.
It's so nice to see Morgan Freeman in a 'fun' movie. I mean, I adore Freeman. He's one of my very favourites. But usually I have to watch things like Se7en and Kiss the Girls to see him. He inhabits his role in only the way he can - with perfect understated style and grace.
It seems that Michael Caine may have been born to play Alfred, so well cast is he. I knew he would be - when I first saw the casting I thought it was utterly brilliant, too good to be true. The whole film...there are so many huge, great actors in it. Caine and Freeman, also Liam Neeson and Gary Oldman. All are top-notch.

Bale is perfect.

The only person who falls a little short is Katie Holmes, but she was bound to do so...in a film with so many older men, established stars. But to her credit, not once did I sit there and think "This is the woman Tom Cruise jumped on a couch for!" And, I must own, I like my superheroes single, especially Batman. He's just way too complicated to form lasting relationships.

I heard they aren't planning to sign her for the sequal.

So who should play the Joker in the next film? I've heard Mark Hamill, and Crispin Glover, among others. I personally think Glover would be the right choice. Jack Nicholson is a hard act to follow.

Anyway...love the movie.
sairina_star
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 01, 2005 05:25
I saw it last week and I loved it. Now I feel like watching the other movies. I loved the end because it shows how criminals are disguising themselves differently like Bruce did. I personally think that Christian Bale did great and is better than the other Batmans.

The Scarecrow was very disturbing looking but I wouldn't like it any other way.
Ithiahir
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 01, 2005 01:21
i saw it at the drive in this past week. granted, it's a little different than the theater (static in the sound/people with laser pointers :rolleyes, but it was still amazing. christian bale was amazing. i think he did well because he isn't a really well known actor. michael caine was a wonderful albert too. i do plan on going to see it in theaters again. just to be able to focus on it more. but i must say, hans zimmer did a wonderful job on the score too.
Illuin
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2005 11:31
omg hans zimmer is a very good composer-I love what he did for the Last Samurai! and yes finally a matured and awesomely realistic batman! and yea, no offense or anything but Katie Holmes didn't really seem to fit into the movie as well as everyone else-she's a great actor don't get me wrong but now that I look back at it, she just seemed too young.
Oh and what about Cillian Murphy who played Scarecrow? ok srry if I keep bringing it up but that just got me right into the movie like bang! u know? wait...has he been in any other movies besides this because he seems new to me...
and I was kinda surprised when I saw Ken Watanabe hehe.
Definitely going to see it a second time--might even go and see it tomorrow!

[Edited on 3/7/2005 by Illuin]
Princess_Sailasiri
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 04, 2005 10:25
I thought Batman Begins was really good too and much better than I thought.
Cillian Murphy was new to me too. He was really creepy and did a good job, I thought. Of course, I thought everyone did a good job.
Alfred got some of the best lines, however.

[Edited on 4/7/2005 by Princess_Sailasiri]
Silivrenuial
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2005 05:28
I thought the new Batman was nothing less than AMAZING! It definately made up for the recent ones with George Clooney and such...The only part that bothered me was Katie Holmes, they could have picked someone better...but otherwise it was awesome!

~*Silivrenuial*~
Tariel_Vanari
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2005 05:28

Alfred got some of the best lines, however.

So true. I just saw it this afternoon, and I thought it was AMAZING! Of course, I don't really have anything to compare it to, I'm not really much of a superhero person, if you know what I mean, but I thought Batman Begins was very very good.
merry07ushs
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 12, 2005 11:31
I was just thinking about one of the quotes recently...with alfred and the 3's pushing it. When Bruce was still in bed
ShieldMaiden777
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2005 05:19
I saw it shortly after it opened in theaters, and I loved it! It's definitely earned a spot in my top 3 favorite "superhero" movies (along with Spiderman 1 and 2, I think). I actually liked it even more than War of the Worlds (which was also good). Christian Bale is my favorite Batman, and I loved the cop Jim Gordon (Gary Oldman). Michael Caine played a great Alfred, too.
Figwit
Book Club Moderator & Misty Mountain Monster
Send Message
on: July 14, 2005 05:07
Oh my God!!!!!!!! I can only express my thoughts through a smilie: :disco:

It was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good! It reminded me of 'Reign of Fire' and 'X-Men': it felt so real, so believable. Just ace.
And Christian Bale is the first Batman that actually feels threatening enough, even as Bruce Wayne. Of course, he was the perfect actor for the job :love:, but also the way the movie was filmed and the amazing cast (Michael Cane! Morgan Freeman! Gary Oldman! Liam :heart: Neeson!).

We want more.....
ShieldMaiden777
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2005 05:38
I know, I loved the cast they were so awesome! I really hope they make a sequel or two, I think they would be great.
LotrLuva
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2005 01:33
I just watched it recently, so it's still fresh in my mind. I LOVED it! The whole cast was great, Michael Caine stole the show a little and Christian Bale was excellent as Batman. Katie Holmes, wasn't that great as Rachel though. I also liked the litte Joker thing at the end. A+
Gelireth-NymphQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2005 10:38
I totally loved that movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone who has read the Newsies Forum would Know how much I love Christian. This movie was good couse it went deeper into Bruce Wayne's life than any of the others(not to mention made him hotter than ever). The casting was AWSOME except Katie Holmes they could of done better. :heart::evil:
Figwit
Book Club Moderator & Misty Mountain Monster
Send Message
on: July 17, 2005 11:30
I didn't mind Katie, really. She wasn't as impressive as the rest of the cast, but Cillian Murphy (sp?) aside they're all very experienced character actors, so...
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email