Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
XON50
Council Member
Send Message
Post new uc swords?
on: August 31, 2005 08:01
hey everyone, i was recently reading some forums on other sites and they keep talking about how UC are coming out wit lord of the ring edition swords that are fully functional(can be used in swordfights). thats pretty sweet and i was wondering if anyone knows more and if this is true cuz i'm about to start a sword collection and if they do come out wit these swords, i'd rather have fully functional ones than wall hangers
thanxs

(and are they gonna be costly?)
Lillith_Phoenix
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: new uc swords?
on: September 03, 2005 02:26
That's the United Cutlery Museum Collection.
The only one available at the current time is Sting.

"The Lord of the Ringsā„¢ Museum Collection is a limited edition treasury of high quality, fully functional, movie prop reproductions from UnitedĀ® Cutlery, makers of high quality adult collectibles. Each piece is finished and distressed to precisely match the used and worn look of the actual movie prop, to properly convey the rich history the movie producers intended. Each piece is individually hand-distressed, making no two alike. The tempered, full tang blades are forged from high carbon Toledo spring steel, made in Spain. The hilts are crafted utilizing precious metals, high quality woods, and top grain leathers. Each piece is a one-of-a-kind heirloom quality collectible."

Credit: BladesbyBrown.com

Here's a link to a little more detail about Sting:
[url]http://www.bladesbybrown.com/catalog.htm?item=1166
[/url]

MirkwoodTourist
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 25, 2005 08:45
Hi All! Have been a lurker on this site for over a year and today decided to register.

My husband and I own all of the United Cutlery swords. Our bedroom walls look like an arsenal!

Has anyone heard any updates on when UC is going to be releasing the elven sword? From the picture I saw (and I can't even remember where I saw it!) it looks like this sword is based on the swords used during the war when Sauron's hand was cut off, as well as the sword carried by Haldir.

They said it was a pre-order item and due out in 30 days...however, they said that about the Sword of Boromir and it took almost 9 months for it to come out!
Lillith_Phoenix
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 26, 2005 11:51
Hi there, welcome to the board.
I did some checking up on the forum ran by Blades by Brown (and a few others). It's still saying June/July, so that's no real use. However, it from what I hear it could be imminent. Just keep your eyes on various sword vendors. They sometimes have things on sale before official word gets out. It happened with the store I bought my Herugrim from.
I know it's difficult, but be patient.
Not sure how much help that was to you.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email