Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Nénuwen
Council Member
Send Message
Post Malice in Middle Earth (all welcome, pm me first please)
on: September 15, 2005 10:40
(I would like this to take place some time after the War of the Ring. If you are interested in participating in this thread, please pm me first. I don't generally mind people jumping in, but I would like you all to know what I have in mind. I have a loose idea how I want this to go which is why I am open to all suggestions. I'd open a separate ooc thread, but I'm lazy too.
It wasn't until Aredhel returned to Mirkwood some years after the war that he learned a new evil was growing. Not in Mordor but in his home of Mirkwood. A faint light shone once more in the tower of Dol Guldur. The Nazgul were gone, but the old stronghold of Sauron still contained dark power.)

Aredhel was tired from battle, not just in body, but in mind as well. It was the second time he had lost kin, he was hoping it would be the last. It pained him to go back to Mirkwood where he had spent so much time with his brethren, but it was his home and he belonged there.
Having spent the last few years in Rivendell, Aredhel thought it would be hard to go back to his old life. He was used to waking each morning to study lore and old texts. He had had enough of battle and desired a calm and quiet life with the master Peredhil and his kin who were much slower to anger than those of Mirkwood.
So it was with a sad face that he left his scrolls and parchment behind and left before the sunrise of what was sure to be another brilliant summer day.

(sorry it's so short, paper due monday My character's bio is up)

[Edited on 9/17/2005 by Nénuwen]
whitegoldgoddess15
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Malice in Middle Earth (all welcome, pm me first please)
on: September 19, 2005 08:35
Carleeta moved slowly, in a stupor, down the road, her feet barely lifting off the ground. She had walked for three days, not allowing herself to either sleep or eat. She heard hoofbeats in the distance, right before the sun began peeping over the horizion, but paid no attention to them. She was too.. dead to the world, to care at the moment. She misstepped on a dip in the grass, and fell slowly and silently. It had been three days of walking, three days of heat, three days since her mother's death. She was walking to escape. She ran the first day, the whole first day, but then slowed to a walk, lacking the energy to even open her eyes all the way. She saw something deep in the trees that looked like a snowflake of immense size, and then it disappeared. Then she saw it again, laying silently on her wrist. She shook her head wearily. She was hallucinating, and she knew it. With every foot fall, the words, "Three... days..." came out of her mouth, raspy from no water. She kept moving, concentrating only on getting to Mirkwood where her sister lived, the sister that had not gone to the funeral. Three... days...
She collapsed onto the dirty road, weary from it all, just wishing she could flee back into her mother's arms. Arms which were cold underneath the ground. She saw a horse walk up to her, and raised a finger in salute, unable to lift a hand or arm. Carleeta knew no more.

((Is it okay? Also, sorry about the length.. heh heh. New charries are what drive me.))
Nénuwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2005 05:15
(it's great, keep it coming )

Aredhel had felt an unnatural yearning to return home. He had never liked living in Mirkwood and flinched to call it home. Yet he was going back because he felt like he was needed, like he needed to get there before it was too late. But too late for what? He was riding hard and without thought, rushing to get back, when he stopped short and was almost thrown from his mount. Lying in the middle of the road was an elf maiden. She seemed to have succumb to exhaustion and was barely able to move.
Getting over his initial shock, Aredhel dismounted and knelt by the girl's side. Her eyes moved slowly from one side to the other and they finally rested on Aredhel's face.
"Shhhh..." he whispered softly, "I mean you no harm. I will bear you on my horse back to the small encampment I knew to be up ahead many years ago. There is a small cottage, near the Carrock, we will be safe there. After you are rested and recovered, I should like to know more about what curious circumstances have brought us together."
Aredhel gently lifted the as-of-yet nameless maiden onto his horse. She seemed stable enough. He led the mare slowly around following the riverbed until the sun began to set. Thus ended a long day, one of many Aredhel was sure.
whitegoldgoddess15
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 20, 2005 12:29
Carleeta saw pieces of a face swimming before her. She suddenly felt weightless as she was borne onto a saddle. An elf was behind her, and she felt safer than on the road. "Carleeta.." she muttered to the stranger. She wished she had something, but she couldn't figure out what. Soon enough, she felt herself moved off of the slowly moving horse, and onto something else. Unable to speak, she motioned to her flask and tried to grab it herself. Unable to, she just sighed and fell backwards from her sitting position. " *sigh* Wa... ter.."

((I feel so different playing an almost helpless maiden. I'm used to playing heroes and stuff. This is fun! But very new all the same...))
Nénuwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 23, 2005 02:10
(Hey Linde, you gonna play your namesake again, or do you want to use another character? You have no need to pm me, just surprise me. ((if it's not Linde again, Ithilidn says hi ))

With a look akin to pity, Aredhel slowly knelt down and pressed the jug of water into Carleeta's hands. While she drank, Aredhel thought about what was to happen next. The inhabitants of this place seemed to have been gone for a while, there was only some trace of anyone presently living there. The hearth was cold, there were no pots nor pans to speak of, the only thing that there was no shortage of was spiders and their webs. If anyone did call the place home, they did not treat it very well.

Aredhel had assumed a vacant look as he reflected on the past few days. What had called him away so urgently? He had asked himself this question countless times for there were no fond memories of Mirkwood. Only those of coldness and bitterness. Instead of going back to the mountains, he felt that he should go through the woods towards Dol Guldur. During the newer days of the King, he might have taken the Old Forest Road, but know Aredhel feared it would be overrun with all manner of plants since there were few elves to keep it clean and clear.

There was a charming stone path that lead up to the house that was overrun with moss and weeds. Aredhel was snapped back to the present by what he thought was the sound of hooves on the damp ground.
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 24, 2005 05:54
Marisha dismounted her horse with a mixed look of worry and nosyness. Who was in the cottage? She didnt think that someone knew of this place apart from the one who built it, and that person was dead, Marisha had seen it.
She walked towards the door with her packs, slowly, and pushed it open. When she saw two elves, one looking bad, her worry faded.
"Hello... I am Marisha, It seems that you needed some place to stay? What can I do for you?"
whitegoldgoddess15
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 25, 2005 11:00
Carleeta twitched as she layed down the water. Feeling slightly refreshed, she giggled as her foot moved suddenly, again and again. She heard a new voice speaking and dared not open her eyes, worried it would be her sister. As soon as she heard the name "Marisha" however, she peeked at the new person. She tried to rise, but only managed to fall back suddenly, and said "Hello. My... Carleeta." She coughed slightly and said, "Name" with much strength. She could feel all of her limbs tingling with the sensation of renewal. She looked around her and noticed for the first time that she was indoors. "What am I doing here?" she asked in elvish, not comprehending at that moment that the others would understand her. "Where is my sister? I must, must, must... must what? Kill her? No. Yell at her? Surely." Mind made up, she prepared to leave the small building and charge onto Mirkwood, determind to make her sister feel very sorry. She was stopped with a simple hand laid on her shoulder, and she dissolved onto the bed again, the slightest hint of tears in her eyes.
Ladyofthewood886
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 26, 2005 10:59
((sorry i haven't posted. i was waiting for an opening to add my charrie))
Ellesmera had been walking by when she saw an elf, seemingly talking to herself by an old cottage whose old inhabitent had been slain. Though she was normally very shy, her curiousity got the better of her.
She walked up to her and looked in the cottage. There were two other elves inside.
"Hello. What are you all doing here ?" she asked. She realized how odd she must look, interuppting people she didn't know, and blushed slightly, looking at her toes.
Nénuwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 26, 2005 03:28
(No worries, timing is important. Thanks for coming.)

Aredhel had been deep in thought when many things happened at the same time. He found himself in the company of not just one, but three others. He had gathered the name of his charge to be Carleeta, but a human named Marisha and one of elfin kind still unknown to him appeared.

"I apologize most sincerely, I was unaware that this place was still in use. I was traveling when I found the lady you see laying there in the road. She was very ill, I used to come to this place often before it became as you see it now. There was life and much joy in these walls once; long ago." The light seemed to dim from Aredhel's eyes for a moment, but he continued, "as for your question," he turned to the other, "we wish only to rest until Carleeta is recovered to full strength. I have business in Mirkwood, though I do not know what it is yet. Strange as that may sound, I have felt a calling to my homeland. There is a rumor that the spiders are on the move again, that a mirthless light shines in the places that should have stayed dark. I do not know if it is fate or chance that brought us together, but here we are. I have only rations for myself, but if one or both of you will wait here, I could be back before sundown. There is a very good place to hunt nearby. At least it was in days past."

Aredhel gazed quietly out the window for a time. The world outside had not changed greatly in such a long span of time. They were still in the shadow of the mountain and on the outskirts of the woods surrounded by the rushing river but for a small bridge on either side. He would endlessly torment his younger brothers. Jumping out from behind a small nook, they would fall, frightened, into the frigid rushing waters. He would always go to pull them out, but they would always pull him in with them and they would splash around until their lips were blue with the cold and they had to walk back dripping and shivering.

Aredhel scolded himself in his head. He had to stop dwelling in the past. It was easier when he was with Lord Peredhel in Imladris. There he had scrolls and others to keep his mind occupied. Here all he had were his memories.

Aredhel turned to leave for the hunt.
whitegoldgoddess15
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2005 04:32
After a few hours, past the setting of the sun, Carleeta awoke from a doze to see two women sitting near her, also asleep. The door opened, and the male walked back in. She spoke up, warily, "I have a few questions, good sir. One is, where am I? Another is, who are you? And, although this isn't a question in the literal sense, thank you very much for whatever help you gave me. I was in much need of it." She felt much refreshed, but while she was no longer tired, she was still sort of famished. Her belly growled, and she rose. "Well, I guess I should not trample on your hospitality for too much longer," she said as she wobbled slightly, disguising it as a stretch. She must get back onto something mindless, or be very busy, else unwanted thoughts of her mother would spring into her mind, try as she would to block them from coming. "So, fare thee well, sir..?" She invited the placement of a name, but when none came, she continued, "I am off to Mirkwood, in search of my sister. We have some, stuff, I suppose, to discuss. So, I shall see you once more, if the Valar permit such a meeting. I shall take my leave now, good sir." She bowed slightly, closing her eyes to block out the inevitable dizziness. She opened the door, hoping she wasn't just being a noble pain in the behind by kicking herself out, and that he would force her to stay.
ithillinde
Creator of Reality
Send Message
on: September 28, 2005 05:54
)ooc= sorry it took so long for me to post. :blush: I hope an extra long post will make up for that.

Morië sighed heavily as she looked around, where did she leave that book? Its not like I can just run out and get a new one of them, she thought to herself. Soon her bedroom looked like a horse trotted through it looking for a single clover in a meadow of grass. As she rummaged through a large pile of scrolls next to her desk there came a soft tinkling sound as something small and metal fell to the floor. Picking it up she let the delicate chain of a necklace dangle from her fingers. A dark ruby red stone glimmered in the bright sunlight that streamed in through the windows. Letting the scrolls that had been clutched in her warm hand fall to the floor as she lifted her finger to tenderly touch the cool, slick surface of the gem.

The elven woman sat down on the edge of her bed, her eyes misty as a memory flooded her mind.

“Would you mind handing me that scroll Aredhel?” Morië asked the gentle he-elf across the table from her.

Without looking up Aredhel handed over a scroll that was at his right hand, but really not paying attention he handed Morië a different scroll than what she asked for. She let out a tiny laugh and the he-elf looked up at her, an expression of confusion on his face.

Morië laughed again at the look on his face, the librarian gave him a stern look and pointed at one of the other scrolls in the huge pile next to Aredhel. “That one.” she said, as a warm smile crossed her face.

“Oh sorry.” he replied and handed her the correct scroll she wanted and went back to reading the enormous leather bound book before him.

Morië didn’t know why she traded one of her favorite books for the necklace in her hand from one of the jewelers in Rivendell, just for some reason the bright, bold stone made her think of Aredhel. Not that he seemed to pay much attention to her when they were alone in the grand library of the Last Homely House, except to ask her if she knew were a book or a scroll was.

The sound of a slight cough snapped her out of her thoughts, looking up she saw a tall dark haired he-elf standing in her doorway. A glint of mischief glittered in his eyes as he looked down on she-elf.

“What do you want brother?” Morië said irritably, as she tried to hide the necklace in her hand.

“You know, everyone knows how you felt about him, well, everyone that is, except him.” Mórion said with an amused tone.

Morië’s face flushed a dark, hot red as she stared at her brother, “What are you talking about?” she said, trying in vain to feign ignorance.

“Come on, you are going to lie to me? Your very own flesh and blood? Besides I’m your elder, its disrespectful to talk to me that way.” he said trying to sound serious, but the gleam in his eye gave away his pleasure at his sister’s discomfort.

“By only ten minutes are you my elder!” she said angrily and gave a stomp of her foot. But as her brother looked at her, her anger faded and was replaced with a reluctant smile.

“What does it matter? He went back home to Mirkwood and he is not coming back.” Morië said with a sigh. “Besides, I am certain that he wanted to go alone, he looked so very sad as he rode away.”

“Go after him.” Mórion said simply with a shrug of his shoulders.

“I cannot do that…” Morië said with her mouth open agape in shock. “I… I am needed here, we just got those new scrolls from Gandalf that he found in Saruman‘s abandoned tower, they have to be catalogued and put away properly. No one else knows how to do better than me, if someone else did it, who knows what chaos could happen!” She started pacing back and forth failing her arms. “I cannot go on some wild goose chase after an elf whose deepest question to me was where were the scrolls about Morgoth!”

Mórion let his sister rant for a bit before he stepped in and swept her up in his arms, and in a voice dripping with false horror he proclaimed, “You are right! You are needed here, all Middle Earth would cease to exist and the Valar would fall if you did not tend to the library! We shall all perish!!!” His eyes wide he let loose a blood-curdling scream. “Run! Run for your lives! My sister will not be here to keep the universe in order!”

Morië grew angry at her brother and was about to punch him hard in the stomach, when she started to laugh. “You are horrible brother.” she said with a giggle.

She sighed and sat back down on the edge of her bed. “But what can I do? I can barely ride and I cannot fight at all… Surely wherever Aredhel is going, its going to be dangerous. I could not go on my own even if I wanted to.” she said heavily as she let the necklace drop so she could look at it again.

“If there were a way would you? Would you go after him?” Mórion asked gently as he sat down beside his sister and took one of her hands in the both of his.

“If there was… yes… yes I would go, I guess...” she replied softly, almost dreamily as she pictured Aredhel’s face in the radiance of the gemstone.

“Then I shall go with you!” Mórion announced, raising to his feet. “As your brother and friend of Aredhel it is my duty to bring you two back together. I will guard and protect you on this perilous journey! And when we find him, if I have to bash him over the head with a rock to make him see what a wonderful elf you are, then so be it! Who knows? Maybe I will find that special someone in Mirkwood that I have been searching for my whole life!”

“You are too much a romantic, Mórion, if we did get attacked by rogue orcs, I think you would wine and dine them before fighting them.” Morië said laughing as her brother took her by the hands and danced around the room with her.

A few weeks later…

Mórion pulled his black stallion to a halt, he looked over his shoulder at Morië who was mounted on a light colored mare just behind him, he said to her. “The innkeeper said he passed by just the other day, Aredhel cannot be to far ahead of us now.”

Morië nodded and brought her horse to stand alongside her brother, “He is traveling so slowly.” she said softly.

The pair urged their horses forward just as the twang-zip of an arrow being shot through the air rang in their ears. A familiar flash of auburn hair moved quickly through the trees.

“Aredhel!” Mórion called out.

edit: are you going to set up an ooc thread Nenu?

[Edited on 29/9/2005 by ithillinde]
Celebnor
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 29, 2005 11:03
(sorry I didn't post before this)

Kelúial rode down the road wearily. Her horse, Achas, was even tired. Usually the horse would try to throw her off, but he just trudged along, every once in a while shaking his head. The elf maid was tired too, but she wouldn't allow herself to stop longer than a few hours to eat and take a short nap. Many times now she had gotten off the horse to let him rest. She was tired, the kind of tired where she was just confused, angry, sad, and exhausted all at the same time and you are just sick of it. The sun had set a while ago, and twilight was turning into night. Kelúial felt sick, and she knew that she must rest. But she couldn't. She didn't feel safe, so close to Mirkwood. They would remember her. They wouldn't let her come into the forest. She saw an old cottage nearby, and saw inside of it people. She let out a sigh of relief, and walked to the door. She waited a few moments, then knocked. She opened the door, and spoke,

"Excuse me? Could I stay here for the night? My name is Kelúial, or Morcuivie, whatever you wish to call me."
Nénuwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 29, 2005 06:11
(Linde!!! Thanks for coming! Don't worry about the delay, you always have really good timing! (even if it wasn't intentional ) about starting an ooc thread, I definitely will eventually... I'm just a little slow/lazy. same for you Celebnor, don't worry about the delay, just post whenever you can. I'm just going to backtrack a little...)

"M'lady, you need to rest. Sit back down with the others and do not exhaust yourself. No doubt you are feeling dizzy and anxious."

Noticing her instant relaxation at being asked to stay, Aredhel softened and helped her back to the edge of the bed where Ellesmera sat.

"I will be back from the hunt shortly. We all need to eat and talk. This is a strange matter of circumstances that we find ourselves. My heart seems constantly torn in two. I feel like I had to come here, but I wanted nothing more to stay in Imladris."

Aredhel became silent as he looked to the West. What was he hoping to see? Again he reproached himself for dwelling in the past. His brothers would never come back, they couldn't. And she would never come after him. She was too fragile, too... absorbed in texts. He slung his bow and quiver over his back and walked forlorn out the door.

He saw some movement in the distance and with the speed of his kind nocked and let fly two arrows. He heard the dying moan of a healthy sized stag. The two arrows when through and through and were held fast into a tree trunk. Aredhel was surprised how fast he had found an animal to feed three or four people for a few days. Ragged animals and cruel creatures had long since taken over the woods that he used to call home.

Removing the arrows from the tree, he turned and shouldered the beast. He turned back towards the cottage formerly owned by Beorn, and nearly fell over from the weight of the stag.

"Who are you?! Show yourself! I am warning you not to play games! Not on this day."

From behind the very tree that he had shot, appeared the figure of an elfin maiden. The carcass fell to the ground and a look of shock swept across Aredhel's face. It was gone in an instant as he turned back and picked up the animal. It just was not possible. She did not come. He was seeing things again, like in the war. He turned and started to walk away when he felt a tug at his hair. He turned around and stared in utter disbelief.

"Are... are you real?" He muttered in broken Elvish and Westernese. "How is this possible?"
ithillinde
Creator of Reality
Send Message
on: September 30, 2005 05:44
"Are... are you real?" He muttered in broken Elvish and Westernese. "How is this possible?"

“Is it possible he says?” Mórion said with a hearty laugh and gave a playful yank again to the strands of hair he held in his hand before letting go. “Anything and everything is possible!” The dark haired elf continued laughing as he pulled his dear friend into a tight embrace causing Aredhel to drop the stag again.

Morië slid off her mare and stood just looking at Aredhel, her usual quick witted tongue for some reason was tied in a huge knot. She swallowed hard the lump in her throat and approached the embracing he-elves. Now that he was actually here, right here in front of her, she didn’t know what to say. All through their search for Aredhel, Morië had been running this very moment in her mind, all the things she wanted to say. But for all her planning, now that the moment had arrived, she was utterly frozen.

“It is so good to see you again my friend!” Mórion said, as he stepped away from his friend. “I know, I know, you said you didn’t want me to come with you, well by the Valar, Morië and I just could not stay away. Must be your charm and wit.” He nudged Aredhel with his elbow and gave him a wink. Mórion looked back and forth between Morië who was looking at Adredhel, who was looking back at Morië. Mórion just shook his head at the two and gave a small sigh under his breath.

“It is good to see you.” Morië said softly, almost inaudibly. She wanted to drop her gaze from his and just fall into a hole in the ground. What had she been thinking? This was sheer stupidity, here she was out in the wild on some romantic fool notion. She was supposed to be the smart, level-headed one in the family, not an impractical knuckle-head like her brother. She cleared her throat and boldly walked over, her face wearing her librarian’s mask of businesslike sternness. Morië held her head high and without meaning to she appeared to looking down her nose at Aredhel. “My brother needed someone with him to keep him out of trouble, so guess who got the job?”

Mórion slapped his forehead with his hand and pulled it slowly down his face. “Oh Valar…” he muttered under his breath. The dark haired elf shook his head in disgust as he took the reins of the two horses. “Where are you camped?” he asked Aredhel.

(ooc- I've started an ooc thread over the other forum, I have some ideas for a bad guy. You know how much I love a good villian. Especially when I'm playing him. :love: :blush: )
Nénuwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 01, 2005 03:23
(Thanks to Linde we now have an ooc thread and here it is: http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=XForum&file=viewthread&tid=24701
You should probably check it before you post, just in case there are any updates. I'm sorry I don't have time to post right now, maybe later tonight or tomorrow)
Nénuwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2005 07:51
Aredhel massaged the back of his head absentmindedly. Then, quite unexpectedly he burst into laughter, grabbed Morië and Mórion in a tight embrace and half danced, half walked back to Beorn's cottage.
Morië and Mórion looked after him at first with apprehension. They had rarely even seen him smile and here was this silly elf dancing about in the woods like in the days of old. Mórion grabbed the slightly careworn carcass and dragged it back to the cottage with Morië in the rear bringing the horses.
Aredhel burst through the doors with a shower of laughter. The elf maidens looked at him much the same the others had, but in an instant Aredhel's delight spread and all were singing and laughing, though none knew why.
"What a magnificent day! Gather round everyone and start a mighty fire. There is more then enough food to go around. Come, come!"
In less than an hour and roaring fire was going. Sparks leapt up towards the stars and the meat was cooking slowly, juices running into the flames. The whole area was pungent and were there any mead, this would have been the time to drink it.
With a more serious note, Aredhel looked around the circle at the new and old faces and said, "I think this is the time that we should get some things straight, begin to know each other's stories, or whatever you are willing to share. I have many questions that need answering, I am sure you all do too. There are some strange things at work here."
He looked around in silence, who would be the first to start?

(I figured this would be a good way for all your characters to get a word in/properly introduce themselves. This would also be a good place for a villain to enter if they so desired.)
Ladyofthewood886
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2005 09:31
Smiling, though she had no idea why, Ellesmera decided to say her story first in hopes others would follow her example.
"Well, I've lived in the same area of Mirkwood all my life. Everyday was the same, but I'd never wanted to leave until a few days ago. I just felt like... leaving, as silly as it sounds," she said. It was a very short and silly statement, but there was little else she could add. She looked expectantly at the others.
whitegoldgoddess15
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2005 11:49
Carleeta blushed when she felt eyes on her. "Oh. Umm, my name is Carleeta Silversky.. I hate my name just so everyone knows. I'm on my way to Mirkwood to hunt down my sister. See, my mother died three days ago, and my stupid sibling did not show up for the funeral or even send any flowers or anything. She never even came to visit during the past year when our mother was sick. Our father was killed in battle and eventually our mother wasted away in despair. Now I am walking on to find her.." She trailed off, wisely not adding how much she hated her sister for not coming.
ithillinde
Creator of Reality
Send Message
on: October 05, 2005 07:33
Mórion laughed heartily as he draped his arm over Aredhel’s shoulders and talked merrily with him as they walked back to a cabin. Morië was disgusted with herself as she led the horses by their reins behind the two he-elves.

Taking care of the horses first, the three elves entered the small cabin which was made smaller by the now large gathering of elves inside it. The brother and sister listened to the other tell their tales. Morië smiled politely as Ellesmera told of just wanting to leave Mirkwood, for apparently no good reason. Mórion smiled at Ellesmera and nodded understandingly.

A hint of sadness clouded Mórion’s eyes as the one named Carleeta spoke of losing her mother just three days ago. “I am sorry to hear that.” he said softly to her.

Mórion stood up and with a sweeping gesture of his arm he said, “My name is Mórion and this is my *little* sister, Morië. We hail from Rivendell where my sister is the great caretaker of the grand library of Lord Elrond, in the Last Homely House. It is she that keeps all of Middle Earth from falling into ruin!” He teased with a wicked grin.

Morië looked up at her brother horrified that he would say such things to people they had just met. “And my brother is a jester for Lord Elrond.” she said harshly and gave him a sharp pinch to his side.

“Ow!” Mórion gasped as he clutched his side like an arrow had just pierced his side and tried hard not to burst out laughing. “Seriously though, I am an artesian, a painter. I like to paint portraits of people and landscapes. I have a lovely piece I did of the River Nimrodel many years ago.” he paused as looked to each face around the fire and cleared his throat. “Yes well… I hope I am not boring anyone.” He gave a playful punch to the shoulder of Aredhel, “My sister and I are friends of this elf, although sometimes his demeanor suggests he is rather somber, he can be quite a bit of fun. Remember that one time…” he started to say, but was cut short by the stark gaze from his sister.

Morië didn’t say anything as gave her brother a disbelieving stare. Who really knew who these other people were? Here in the wild we met up with a bunch of strangers and he’s ready to tell them our whole lives stories, she thought to herself. Turning her gaze to Aredhel, she asked, “So what has brought you here Aredhel? Why are we in this cabin?”
whitegoldgoddess15
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 06, 2005 02:42
Carleeta's memory of manners fled back to her as the girl elf asked why they were here. She rose quickly, and dipped into a hasty curtsy. "That is my fault my lady. I know not what happened, but I know that Aredhel has saved me. I owe him my life now, and would request that I stay with him, that I might repay the debt gladly. My name is Carleeta, ma'am. It is nice to meet you." She curtised then to the male elf, and asked, "You are her kin?" She wobbled slightly when she glanced back at Morië. She had Carleeta's mother's most common facial expression adorning her own face, and resembled the now dead wife and mother very closely.

((Just so everyone knows.. Carleeta can forget her mother's death if it bores you with myself constantly bringing it in.. Just say that she'll get so swept up in adventures it will slip from her mind ))
Nénuwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 06, 2005 02:47
Please keep checking this, it was updated a lot recently: http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=XForum&file=viewthread&tid=24701

Aredhel considered the question thoughtfully. Truthfully he did not know what brought all of them together, but he had an idea about why they were in the same place. There was unrest in the forest of his home. Something very big was going to happen, and it was going to happen soon. Why was Marisha being so quiet? Did the others have anything to hide? Perhaps and perhaps not, he was not willing to share all that there was about himself, we was not surprised that there were still secrets among the company.

He looked about at the people around him, "all the while I traveled away from comfort and happiness to a realm of the unknown I felt as if I was driven by something. A force from behind that I would not be welcome if I turned back and a force ahead of me that sang of dreadful need and haste. We must travel south along the edge of the forest while we may. I fear that we may need to take to the cover of the woods soon, it is not safe to travel in the open spaces any longer.

"Carleeta," he paused and turned to the elf, marveling in how much strength she seemed to have regained, "I am deeply sorry to hear about what is going on in your family. However, if you would accept my council, I do not think you should be so quick to judge your sister. She may have reasons for not showing herself. Be thankful for the family that you still have left." He became quiet and pensive for a time. Thinking about those that he had lost, he wondered if he had said too much.

"We have feasted much this night, to travel now would not be wise. I would be happy to have your company, all of you if you so wish it, for we all may share a similar fate."
Celebnor
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 08, 2005 02:41
Kelúial listened intently to the others' stories. She felt terrible when Carleeta spoke, and shook her head. The elf listened to Aredhel, and was beginning to agree to go with him, until he mentioned going into the forest. She bit her lip, and then started to speak.

"I would very much like to go with you, but I'm...afraid of Mirkwood..." she paused, and scolded herself for making such a pathetic excuse. She shouldn't't have even spoke at all if that was all she was going to say! She needed to say something else. "The elves of Mirkwood don't...like me anymore..."

She felt terrible. She hadn't let out the full truth, but she gave just enough for anyone to be suspicious of her! For a few moments, she considered leaving the cottage, running away before she was dragged in any deeper into this. But, she felt like she didn't care anymore. Ever since the battle at the Morannon she just didn't care about anything anymore. She had been wandering aimlessly, when she had stumbled onto the edge of the forest, the source of her confusion. All she cared about now was surviving, and things were beginning to look up for her. She shook her head again, and said, "I will go with you."
Nénuwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 16, 2005 04:44
(So sorry it's been so long, midterms are evil!)

Aredhel was touched by Kelúial's offer to come with them. Smiling, he started, "I would think you a fool not to be afraid of Mirkwood. While most of the evil has been driven out, we will be passing through the heart of it to get to the south, I would not be surprised if horrid creatures still lurked in the deep dark places of the forest. Rest now, we all must, we leave early in the morning."

--the night goes by--

Aredhel rose as the first rays of the sun made the dew on the grass explode with color. It was his favorite time of day. The dew drops would glimmer and shine and put on a show as if it were only for him. Every day when the sun rose he got prime seats to the best show in all of Middle Earth.

It was then that he realized that he was not the only one watching the sunrise. He was caught off guard and offered a weak smile to Morië. That she could still throw him off made her smile.
It had been so long since Aredhel had seen her that her beauty threw him off still further. After an awkward time, he recovered himself and with a nod, started waking up the rest of the company. "I am sorry to wake you all from what I hope was a restful sleep, but we must be going, we have tarried here far too long."

(time for some orcs or something to attack, yeah? next post, I promise, midterms are not over yet anyone who wants to start the raid is more than welcome!)
Ladyofthewood886
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2005 12:11
Ellesmera nodded drowsily and gathered her things. She left the cottage and shielded her eyes from the dazzling sun. She walked a little ways to stretch her legs and be ready for what she felt was going to be a long day. She started to turn to walk back when she heard strange noises coming from the east. It sounded like many creatures were running towards where they were. As the sound grew louder, she hastened back to the cottage.
"Something is coming! Do you hear it?" she cried, looking back towards the forest. Trees not too far away were swaying as though something was pushing them aside.......
whitegoldgoddess15
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2005 07:56
Carleeta heard a voice yelling cautions to them. She slowly and fluidly drew her bow to her chest from the ground, wehre it was lying, and slid her quiver back over her head. An arm reached back and latched onto an arrow, drawing it back over her shoulder. She placed it ready against the bow and rose from the small cot. She walked out into the morning sun with her eyes closed, and slowly opened them to allow the bright light to enter her orbs. She took a deep breath and fired at random into some shadows near a tree. A squeal filled the air, and she knew she had hit something. Suddenly, a small group of orc scouts fled into sight and the fight was on.

((Sorry about not posting.. I forgot about CoE actually.. I RP so much in MG now it just slipped my mind.. Sorry ))
Celebnor
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 23, 2005 11:58
(MonkeyGames doesn't work on my computer! Waah! And we have had some trouble with our internet connection so...:killcomp: )

Keluial suddenly woke up. She heard the sounds of a battle and lept out of her bed. Quickly she pulled out her sword and rushed into the battle, ready to fight whatever it was. When she saw that it was only a little group of orcs, she started to laugh. She actually looked quite strange, killing orcs and laughing her elven head off. She was oblivious to everything around her...she just killed orcs. Suddenly, she stopped. This was the first time she had killed since the Battle of the Black Gate. She started to back away, terrified that she might slip back into her...old habits. For a few moments, she thought about this, then finally her two personalities compromised. She would fight, but she wouldn't lose her head. She went back into the fight, with a smug grin on her face.
Ladyofthewood886
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 01, 2005 04:21
Ellesmera continued to loose her arrows. It seemed hopeless to he,r though; every time she shot one down, three would fill its place. Still, she wouldn't give up.

((not the longest post ever, but it'll keep this thread goin'. hopefully....))
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email