Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
ElwynSilverleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Post ***Dreams of Grandeur*** (free to all)
on: September 26, 2005 05:46
(ooc: this takes place after the War of the Ring, and the departure of the elves. Lorien is bare and empty, Celeborn still remains but without the keeping of Nenya it has fallen into despair. Aerik, a Galadhrim intent on staying within his beloved home until the exodus of his Lord holds a great longing to salvage the grandeur of the Golden Wood. So he will leave the towering Mallorn and journey North to the remaining Elven Cities, trying at most to recruit those that wish to aid him in his mission. Who knows what shall be found along this journey…battles…brawls…friends…maybe even love?
Please however, keep in mind the new guidelines!!! I will be watching this thread carefully and if something is inappropriate I will have to ask you to make the proper changes. Thanks sooo much and I hope this thread goes places and that it provides many with a creative outlet and a good time in general! - Elwyn)

Ic - The memory of his home still caused him much pain; even now he could still smell the freshness of the morning breeze, closing his eyes he could see the elanors that grew on the slopes of Cerin Amroth. Blinking he returned to present day, feeling the side to side shift of his horse as it trod along slowly along the eastern side of the Misty Mountains. Their shadow kept them in constant gloom, not raising the Galadhrims spirits any higher. Soon though they would reach the trail leading up into the Mountains, then take the Redhorn pass down until they reached Rivendell.
------------------
The rooftop of the Last Homely House peeked out from the valleys, hidden for the most part by thick trees and heavy mists. Aerik stopped his horse for a moment to smile, taking in the beauty of the land around them. Their journey had already been long and rest had not found horse or elf. Slowly they traipsed closer to Imladris, finally entering into the courtyard at dusk, all was quiet. He dismounted his steed, “suilad?” he yelled hearing his greeting echo off the stone walls.

What was that?

He could have sworn that someone had returned his greeting…

[Edited on 26/9/2005 by ElwynSilverleaf]
Ladyofthewood886
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: ***Dreams of Grandeur*** (free to all)
on: September 26, 2005 10:42
((hello. mind if I join? my charrie's name is Ellesmera and shes in the db.))
This was Ellesmera's first time in Rivendell. After a long day, she had sat down to rest. Suddenly, she haerd a voice.
"Suilad?"

"Mae govanen!" she cried out. She then blushed, though the speaker couldn't have seen her. Who was he talking to? She felt slightly embaressed, but she shrugged off the feeling. She quietly rose and looked for the speaker. She saw him and his horse and watched them .
((sorry its so short!! i couldn't think of anything else to say!))

[Edited on 26/9/2005 by Ladyofthewood886]
LizzyB
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 26, 2005 01:09
o O (Hello!! Couldn't resist the opportunity to rp with Aerik again-such a lovely char )

Ramo saw him approach and hid in the shadows until he was completly in the courtyard. He was royalty, no doubts there. His horse was beautiful and her heart ached at the sight. He shouted out the traditional Elvish greeting but it went unanswered, for Imladris was cold and nearly empty now. She walked slowly up to him and spoke softly. "Welcome to Imladris. I am Ramo, daughter of Avanti." A shy smile spread across her features and she nervously pulled at her hair, covering her one rounded ear. "Most of the Valar have left for the Grey Havens I'm afraid. There is not much in the way of hospitality I can offer you M'Lord."
ElwynSilverleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2005 02:43
((welcome both of you!!!))

Aerik smiled as the elven maid approached, bowing slightly with his hand over his chest as it was customary for elves to do. She said her named was Ramo.
“I am Aerik, servant of the Lord and Lady of the Golden Wood,” he paused for a moment in thought. Then shook his head as he realized once more that the Golden Wood was going to fall into impenetrable despair.
“I come not in search of hospitality as it were, however I fear my purpose here is concerning the fate of my home..” He cocked his head, hearing something behind them. Turning slowly he looked around the area they stood in, “it would be in your best interest to come out of hiding.”
Ladyofthewood886
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2005 10:40
Cautiously, Ellesmera left the shadows and approached them.
"My apologies, M'Lord. I meant no harm," she apologized, bowing her head. Her face was flushed with embarressment.
He probably thinks I was spying on them! she thought, staring at the ground.
ElwynSilverleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2005 01:30
Aerik's eyes widened as the maiden stepped out of the shadows, her hair was spun from the very sun that shone above their heads. He was speechless for a moment, then finally shaking his head spoke.
"Forgive me for my brashness, you can not be too careful...especially since the departure of the last of the eldar.." he smiled softly. "I am Aerik...and this is Ramo," he said introducing the two girls, "Im sorry...but I do not think I caught your name?"
LizzyB
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 28, 2005 01:42
Ramo nodded shyly. The other girl was obviously a true-Elf and that knowledge made her uncomfortable. Her life had not been a happy one when it came to her relationships with the Eldar. She looked at Aerik and spoke softly. "I can offer you both a small measure of refreshment, though nothing as in days of old. If you are hungry or thirsty that is." She had never made the trip to Lothlorien but knew it to be a long one. He must be tired from his journey.
Ladyofthewood886
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2005 09:52
"Forgive me for my brashness, you can not be too careful...especially since the departure of the last of the eldar.." he smiled softly. "I am Aerik...and this is Ramo," he said introducing the two girls, "Im sorry...but I do not think I caught your name?"

"I understand. The world has changed and one must be on their guard," she said, nodding. " My name is Ellesmera. It's wonderful to meet you both!"
ElwynSilverleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2005 05:09
Aerik nodded, "It is an honor to be within such lovely company." He looked around and sighed, "long has it been since I walked through the gardens of Imladris, and I am sure they do not even resemble the beauty of their past." He smiled slightly, "I will take what rest and refreshment I can here.." he looked to the ground and frowned, "but I must discuss with the both of you my purpose of arriving here."
LizzyB
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 01, 2005 12:05
Ramo frowned slightly and motioned for the other two to follow her. "The granduer of Imladris has been lost. But for me I prefer it this way, I am not bothered and lead a quiet life now." They walked silently through the woods for a few moments before reaching a very small cottage. "This is my home. After the Elves left I moved into it." She ushered them into the clean front room. "I'll bring some food."
ElwynSilverleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2005 06:12
Aerik had a seat, looking around the cottage he smiled. It felt oddly like home to him. The aroma of the air made him comfortable, made him remember his childhood. He dazed off for a moment, until hearing the return of Ramo.

He glanced to Ellesmera and smiled once again. "Do either of you...feel the need for an adventure of sorts?" He paused. "Nothing too incredibly dangerous, I...just seek assistance.."
LizzyB
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 04, 2005 01:38
Ramo set the platter of bread and cheese on the table then seated herself. "What kind of assistance? I'm afraid my life has been void of adventure." She smiled slightly then and cut the food into slices. "I suppose I might come along, nothing holds me here any longer."
Ladyofthewood886
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 04, 2005 02:16
"Sounds more exciting than returning home!" Ellesmera replied, gray eyes sparkling. "I'll come, too. Where are we going?" she asked.
ElwynSilverleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 04, 2005 06:43
Aerik smiled at the ladies, "I would ask you to join me to Lorien...there is where Celeborn still remains, and I will remain loyal to the Golden Wood until he has departed from these shores." He paused, taking a piece of break and tearing it in half. "I want to restore my home...and I beg you both..."
LizzyB
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 05, 2005 12:08
Several things shot through Ramo's mind all at once. Lothlorien was where Celeborn lived. It also meant True-Elves. If any had stayed behind that is. The Sea Calling was not resisted easily, she knew. She sighed and looked down at her hands in her lap. "Lord Aerik, I am not comfortable around Elves. There is reason for this but I would prefer to stay here where I am safe." The last word slipped out before she could stop it and she brightened visibly.
ElwynSilverleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 05, 2005 02:43
"Safe?" Aerik said, placing the cup he was about to drink of back down. "Safety is not among us any longer, with the diminishing of the power of the rings, with the departure of Elrond and Galadriel...went our safety." He looked at Ramo for a moment in silence, "you would be with those who consider you a friend...instead of alone..."
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email