Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
atalante_star
Scholar of Imladris and Theodens Lady
Send Message
Post UT Illustrated: Narn i hîn Húrin (part 1)
on: October 23, 2005 01:04
Well, I thought there were a lot of pics available for the last chapter! the Narn is an absolute artist's paradise - death, destruction, love, angst, dragons, you name it, the Narn has it.

Unfortunately, though, people's interests only start to be piqued with Túrin himself. Pictures of Morwen, Húrin, Lalaith and other early characters are much harder to come by.

~~ The Childhood of Túrin ~~

There's only one pic of Morwen I've found that I actually *like*, but unfortunately its on deviantArt rather than in the CoE gallery. So the link is here for that.

A young and handsome Húrin? Now that I've never managed to find! Please please let me know if you know of such a pic Pics of Urwen (Lalaith) are equally lacking.

The nearest we can get to Lalaith is this, a young Túrin looking over the Nen Lalaith (Peter Price):

~~ The Words of Húrin and Morgoth ~~

There's only one pic needed here, Ted Nasmith's amazing work:

~~ The Departure of Túrin ~~

Nothing of Brodda or Aerin, unfortunately *sigh* Or nothing of young (or clothed) Nienor.

~~ Túrin in Doriath ~~

Pictures start to flow. I think its something to do with the abundance of gorgeous elves in Doriath. Something like that, anyway.

Peter Price painted Nellas looking after Túrin:

And Anke Eissmann painted this wonderful picture of Túrin asking leave from Thingol and Melian to depart Doriath:

Saeros - while seemingly unolved by artists during his life, was more popular in death. Ted Nasmith:

~~ Túrin among the Outlaws ~~

Anke Eissmann's Beleg and Turin:

Her Beleg, Túrin and mob of outlaws:

Even Forweg gets a picture from Anke:

~~ Of Mîm the Dwarf ~~

Anke again:

And again(!), showing the outlaws and Mîm ascending Amon Rudh:

.. a scene also painted by Nasmith:

More with the 2nd half - Gwindor, Beleg ... hot elves will abound!

[Edited on 28/10/2005 by atalante_star]
Figwit
Book Club Moderator & Misty Mountain Monster
Send Message
Post RE: UT Illustrated: Narn i hîn Húrin (part 1)
on: October 28, 2005 07:59
How about this one?

No, in all honesty, since we discovered that Trent could pass for Túrin, I keep seeing him that way - and it really improved my reading experience. I never linked all these dark, almost demonic ideas to him - I've always like Túrin, but now he seems more real, closer to home.

I don't find that darkness in any of the pics you selected, probably because there isn't much of the 'darker action' going on yet, but there's this sense of foreboding to Beleg and Túrin by Eissmann - so basically, I really like that one.
Rulea
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 28, 2005 08:27
Wow! Awesome pics atlante! I love them all! Esp. the onw with Mim the dwarf, just as a pictured!
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: October 30, 2005 03:58
I've seen a painting of Lalaith, it was by Ted Nasmith or John Howe, IIRC. I'll link to it later if I find it; right now, I've no time to search for it.

EDIT: It was by Nasmith all right. http://www.tednasmith.com/silmarillion/sketches/TN-Lalaith.jpg

[Edited on 30/10/2005 by Morwinyoniel]
lanfear
Craziness' Guidance Counsellor
Send Message
on: October 30, 2005 04:08
There is one by Ted Nasmith on his site in the sketches section (it's about 10 pictures down) if that's the one you mean Morwinyoniel.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email