Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
~Teveldin~
Council Member
Send Message
Post -x- The Shattered Peace -x- (Free, good writers needed!)
on: December 31, 2005 02:14
-x- The Shattered Peace -x-

The full moon shone softly down on the golden wood, gentle and unobtrusive. Around it, the night seemed to part at the edges, allowing the Elven forest's full light to shine into its shadows.

Close at hand upon the bank of the Anduin, a silent sentinel in the night, stood a solitary figure, tall and straight as he lightly gripped the upright long-bow in front of him. His silver-green eyes were blank, his soul awash in memories. It had been eight years since he'd entered this place: eight long, lonely years of dodging memories and old heartache.

Middle Earth was tall and wide, but it seemed every dark corner, every valley and wood held old pain for him. He was Elven kind; it was to be expected that he felt deeper and longer than others. But scar upon scar and wound upon wound had worn him down farther than ever before, and now he was tired; through and through, bone-weary. Here, he hoped, he might at last find some form of rest.

Rest... A foreign word. It had been promised to him by the Lady, many long years ago, but he supposed he had never really expected to find it. Until now. Now, he wasn?t even sure he expected it: Just hoped for it.

He was pulled from his reverie by a low bird call away to his right, and a wry, humorless smile turned up the corners of his lips as he tilted his head towards it. He waited a moment, and then whistled its all-too-familiar reply.

Within moments, a shadowy figure stood before him, grey-hued tunic blending with its surroundings seamlessly. The stranger wielded an Elven bow, but did not hold it at ready. Rather, it hung from his fingers at his side, as one might a hold a weapon when greeting an old friend.

"Suilad, Teveldin Narthaelion." The stranger's musical voice at last floated through the fog.

Teveldin smiled--for real this time--as he replied. "Mae Govannen Haldir. It has been long indeed since I have heard your voice."

"Too long." Came the firm reply as the other stepped forward and the two old friends clasped arms in greeting. Haldir's smile was soon replaced by concern, however, as he searched Teveldin's countenance. "It is well indeed, to see you again, mellon-nin. But there is weariness in your spirit."

"And from it, I seek rest." Replied the dark-haired elf simply.

"Then you seek in the right place." Was the gentle reply. "Come, my friend." Haldir smiled, clasping Teveldin?s shoulder as they turned towards the wood. "The Lady will be delighted to see you again."

_/

The trek into Caras Galadhon took no more than an hour for the two elves, familiar with each other and the land, but by the time they arrived, Teveldin could barely hold himself up. Perceiving his exhaustion, the Marchwarden led him to a flet within the city, where Teveldin could spend the night before meeting Lady Galadriel in the morning.

Nodding his thanks, the Mirkwood elf slowly eased his aching body onto the welcomed bed. Strands of jet-black hair fell across his face, but he was already too deep in dreams to care.

When next he woke, it was to the lazy sunlight streaming through the trees. Blinking slowly, wishing for once that this would be a dream that remained for a little while, he sat up. And found that it did.

Remembrance was quick in coming, but he was still surprised at his own momentary lapse. It had been a long time since that had happened. Standing, he found that someone had removed his weapons in the night, since he'd been too weary to do that himself the night before. Smiling to himself, he dug into his pack for a change of clothing, newly aware of his bedraggled, travel-stained appearance. In dark, human-made clothes and tall leather boots, he looked exactly like the ranger he had been for so many years. He may have known the Lady of the Golden Wood for years on end, but not even her own children would be seen before him in such a manner.

He tried to concentrate on little things like that-- small, abstract memories that failed to effect him. That way, he didn't have to stand back and look at the larger picture. He didn't have to be reminded of what he had lost.

That had been a long time ago. Should it still hurt this bad?

Finding himself sadly lacking in suitable clothing, he finally settled on whatever was clean-- namely a pair of black breeches and a loose, long-sleeved white shirt. That the garment was still white was remarkable enough in itself-- that it still looked it, even more so. He wasn't even sure why he carried it around with him. He had probably worn it twice in ten years, but aside from that: It had no place in a ranger's life, and he could not afford to carry anything more than the barest of necessities with him.

He smiled, eyes vacating once more as he ran his hands down the soft, billowy material. Memories. He kept it for the memories. Some of the few good ones he could recall.

Glancing into the floor-length mirror to check his appearance, he found himself nearly presentable. Nearly... He hesitated, and then, pulling his slightly disarrayed hair out of its traditional warrior braids, he let the ebony tresses fall free. Standing there, he stared at his reflection, bare-footed and weaponless, and a dull ache seemed to ring inside of him. It had been too long since he'd felt this safe. Valar, he couldn't even remember the last time he'd removed his weapons. That was sign enough that it was time for some manner of reprieve.

For an elf, he was young. In his heart, he felt the weight of ages he knew he had never lived.

He was in Lothlorien again-- He shouldn't feel this way.

_/\_

Haldir walked with Teveldin to the Lady's flet, but from there, dropped back in silent intuition. He knew his place and his friend. This was for him to do alone.

The long, spiraling flights of steps to the top talan, upon which the Lady and Lord greeted their guests, should have been a long and tiring trek. Teveldin, however, found the familiarity oddly relaxing, and was nearly surprised when he found himself upon the top step.

Before him, stood the Lady of the Golden Wood.

Teveldin hesitated, unsure of formality, but she swept forward to embrace him without a second thought.

"Mae Govannen, ion-nin." She smiled fondly at him when she at last pulled away. "Haldir alerted me of your coming. My heart is indeed gladdened to see you once more."

"Thank you, my lady." He smiled, touching an open hand to his heart as he lowered his eyes.

"What brings you here, young one?" She questioned kindly, seeking his eyes with her own. "Yours is a wandering spirit. What do you seek in this place?"

"I'm tired M'lady." He murmured truthfully. "Tired as no elf should be."

"Even the shadows take rest in the morning." Galadriel smiled softly at him, eyes still probing, searching. "You should learn from the friends you keep."

"And these shadows: are they the wrong friends to be keeping?" Teveldin returned seriously.

Again, the unrevealing smile. "That is only for you to decided, Teveldin. Only for you."

_/(_)

That night, Teveldin dined as a guest at the Lord?s table, and many a long hour was spent exchanging tales and adventures with Haldir, who was also present, and Celeborn, who had himself been a warrior.

Eventually, however, the table was cleared. Outside, the air grew cool, lights flickered on across the forest, and somewhere high in the branches, singing was heard. In Lorien, it is difficult to mark the passing of time, but even elves sleep and wake, and eventually, the room became silent and dark in the absence of life.

When Teveldin found himself alone once more, he wandered the halls and corridors aimlessly, all so hauntingly familiar. When he finally chose to still, it was high above the forest on an arching balcony. He stood there a long time in perfect contentment, arms crossed, staring out across the forest, basking in the cool breeze as it skittered down the halls to tug at his shirt and hair, as if begging him to come out and dance with it.

There had been a time when he might have given in to its call. He might have gone down to the grassy hills and shallow, dipping valleys to wander among the timeless mallorns and run with the deer. There, he might have stayed and rested for time immemorial, and enjoyed every moment of it.

That time had come and gone, a very long time ago.

_/\_

OOC: Hello again, CoE! Wow! It's been almost a year since I've RPed! It's good to be back, if only briefly! *Ahem*, on to business.

This is, obviously, a Totally Tolkien thread, so I'd like to stick strictly to canon. If you'd like to join go right on ahead, but I'd prefer really good writers and above all, really good characters! Really, I can't stress it enough; put some human in your characters, guys! I think we've all had enough of the all-powerful super-tough female elf warriors! Some variety would be much appreciated.

So aside from that, pick this up and run with it as far and wide as you want-- It's a free RP after all! That defined, on to the thread!

I look forward to RPing with you!

-Tev

[Edited on 25/03/1990 by ~Teveldin~]

[Edited on 31/12/2005 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: -x- The Shattered Peace -x- (Free, good writers needed!)
on: December 31, 2005 11:51
((Hey, hopefully my character is all right. If anything is wrong or you don't like drop me a pm!))

Her hair was in her face again. She thought cutting it this short would help her, but it was just more of a bother. Pushing the annoying black strans out of her face once more Oriwen continued to walk down the hall, trying her best not to look down, and clutching her book close to her chest. She wasn't use to these great hights just yet. Oriwen was use to looking up at the trees not down from them.

This caused her to have a small wave of home-sickness wash over her. Rivendell, it wasn't her home anymore, how could it? But she still missed the Fall and sitting in her room for hours with her brother and sister laughing about nothing. Those days of innocents were over, she had to grow up fast, and make a life for herself. But she just couldn't do it there in that place where the images of the water falls were becoming more and more hazy.

Her reminiscing almost caused her a collision with another elf who stood like a statue on the balcony. Oriwen gasped dropping her book, her green eyes growing wide.

"I'm so sorry sir," she said softly quickly picking up her book, "I wasn't paying attention to where I was going, obviously. Forgive me."

Oriwen was quite embarrassed, this had happened more than once, why couldn't she keep her old thoughts in the back of her mind, where they belonged. They always seemed to surface at the worst times. The elf she ran into didn't seem too upset perhaps just a bit startled from the sudden interuption of his deep reverie.

((Sorry if this seems short to you... I'm not use to rping serious with the like 20 paragraphs... forgive me! I'll get better though I promise!))

Sillende
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 31, 2005 06:47
She sat still in a balcony not far from the very one Teveldin stood. Ithilloth's sapphire eyes were focused on the stars that shone through the leaves of the majestic trees that surrounded them. She could see a sliver of the moon but when she changed positions it was hidden by branches.

She ignored her brother's presence as he watched her intently as if afraid she would fall over the delicate yet strong railing. Daefirith of course had not let her be alone long, as soon as she had left Imladris, he had followed. It seemed no matter what he was doing he would drop it all just to make sure she was safe. He only meant well yet she could not help but feel irritated at him.

"Dear sister I was only worried for you,"he said as if reading her thoughts.

"Well dear brother I am capable of protecting myself,"she replied. She could not truly stay angry at him for long and Daefirith knew it was not her nature. She nodded in defeat,"I know."

The he-elf smiled slightly and took a seat beside her. His gaze went out across into the forest, not up to the stars. Even the silence of Lothlorien was musical, Imladris was beautiful but he knew that often it did not compare to Lothlorien.

His hands felt odd lying in his lap with out anything to do. He was a smith, a creator of wondrous thing yet nothing could create a filling for an empty place in his heart. His eyes darkened but the feeling passed. Ithilloth was content and he must not ruin this for her who was now humming softly, breaking the silence.A breeze swept through, smelling of sweet flowers.

He listened for a time to the lilting tune though he found he could not recognize it. She was a lover of lore and songs but he had given that up after their father had died. He was no longer that young elf but for Ithilloth it seemed that was her escape for perhaps her tie with their father and it kept her strong. She was one of the few that he knew that had not let grief and anger control them after the death of a loved one. She perhaps was stronger than he but Daefirith would never admit that.

Eventually he interrupted her,"I heard new of Teveldin's return today."

Ithilloth turned to him, her eyes now focused on Daefirth and not the view from their balcony. The look on her face was full of mixed emotions and Daefirth could not make them out. "It has been long time."

"Indeed,"Daefirith said.

Her gaze again went outward, she had not truly known Teveldin that long but they spoke on occasion when he was in Lothlorien as well as Daefirith, her never fading shadow. Perhaps she would see him tomorrow or the next day but now she wanted to rest or at least to be alone.

She stood and bid good night to her brother. not making a sound as she walked away. Her thoughts were elsewhere, watching memories long gone go through her mind as she meandered the halls. A song escaping her lips.

Daefirith remained on the balcony, preps he would simply wait here for dawn to come. It was peaceful enough and the cool breeze cleared his mind of things he wished not to think of or dream about.

((I hope that's all right that they knew Teveldin long ago))

[Edited on 1/1/2006 by Sillende]
~Teveldin~
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 31, 2005 10:21
_/\_

(OOC: Hey, Lady Punk; thanks for joining! Your character is perfect! And don't worry about writing super-long posts: I personally have a bad tendency to do that, but that's just me. Your's don't have to be quite as long, if you don't want!

Sillende: That's cool that they knew Tev before! That always makes a thread so much more interesting. Again, thanks for joining!

Have fun!)

_/\_

So completely entrenched by his own wandering remembrances was he, that it was not until a moment before impact that Teveldin became aware of the presence of another being. Even then, he barely stepped back in time to avoid the collision.

A female elf, dark hair cut short, gasped and dropped the book she had been carrying, her deep green eyes growing wide.

"I'm so sorry sir," she said softly, quickly picking up her book, "I wasn't paying attention to where I was going, obviously. Forgive me."

Teveldin was startled and perhaps even a little abashed by his own lapse, but he could not help but smile in amusement at the girl's obvious embarrassment and contrition.

"It is quite alright," He returned softly, "There is no harm done."

"I wasn't-- I didn't watch where I was going--"

"It's fine, truly." Teveldin grinned. "In fact, I should have noticed you coming. But are you alright?"

_/\_

LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2006 10:58
Oriwen nodded to the elf, physically yes, she wanted to answer but she knew it wasn't the right thing to say.

"Yes, I am fine, thank you." she answered, again pushing back her short hair.

She took a look at the elf in front of her, her curiousity overtaking her. She had never seen him before, though there were probably many elves in Lothlorien that Oriwen had never seen before. But something about him made her feel that he had just come home, maybe it was the somewhat tired look in his eyes.

"May I ask you your name? I ... haven't seen you around before." she said cautiously,

She was never good at starting conversations or making friends, too shy perhaps, or too scared of her friends leaving her, everyone else did.
~Teveldin~
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2006 07:26

"May I ask you your name? I ... haven't seen you around before." The female elf finally asked shyly.

"Of course you may ask. I am Teveldin Narthaelion, my lady." Teveldin smiled at her cautiousness, touching his palm to his chest in a formal greeting. "I was born in Mirkwood, and have not entered this land in many years. And you are?"
Sillende
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2006 05:34
Daefirith's gaze wandered to his left where another balcony was placed, but slightly higher than his own. There were two elves there, speaking though even her could not here there words as they carried off by the breeze. There was something about the male elf's posture or perhaps it was his dark hair that made his seem familiar. The other was female, her hair but short, an odd thing to see among elves.

He sat and wondered at who the elf could be and the thought struck him. Daefirith stood and left his resting place making his way higher. He was not walking hastily, taking his time to admire the work of the elves of Lothlorien. Anyone who could create such buildings high in the trees were great craftsmen.

He was soon at the the balcony where he could now here their words. He had not gone into view though until he heard the male's voice.

"Of course you may ask. I am Teveldin Narthaelion, my lady." There was a pause and then he continued, "I was born in Mirkwood, and have not entered this land in many years. And you are?"

So it was Teveldin and it was now obvious at hearing him speak his name. He would wait until the female elf answered before he would greet the he-elf seeing as he was in the middle of a conversation. Daefirith was not one to always interrupt others.
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2006 11:16
"My name is Oriwen," she said simply, "You are from Mirkwood you say? I guess that would explain why I've never seen you."

Oriwen suddenly saw out of the corner of her eye another elf upon the balcony. She then turned her head to him, and thought perhaps Teveldin had an appointment with the elf. Her eyes moved back to Teveldin and she said.

"It was a pleasure meeting you Teveldin, sir. But perhaps I shall take my leave so you may speak with the gentleman?"
Sillende
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2006 04:23
Daefirith came in to view slowly as the female elf spoke saying her name was Oriwen, He though the name sounded familiar but did not think long of it. She took notice of him and said she would go.

,"You do no need to take leave if you do not wish to m'lady, I am just here to greet an old friend."

A rare smile lit up his usually solemn features as he nodded to Teveldin.

LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2006 07:07
Again Oriwen removed a few hairs from her eyes, and looked to the other elf once more. Now that he was in better light, she recognized him somewhat, she most likely had seen him once or twice crossing her path ... but she couldn't remember his name, or if it was even ever told to her.

She took a few steps before Daefirith spoke up and said she didn't need to leave. Knowing she didn't have anywhere important to go at the moment, she nodded and took a step back to stay. But she kept silent to allow Teveldin to respond to his friend.

Oriwen looked down at the book in her hands. She had almost forgotten about it, she was going to find a nice quiet place to sit and read before her plans changed. She didn't mind the distraction though, it had actually been a while since she had spoken to others. She was even content with just listening to others' conversation, Oriwen was not one to talk on for hours.
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2006 04:51
With a sigh, Drandwen leaned back against the large trunk of a mallorn. She closed her eyes. The soft light of the lanterns that were hanging in a circle around her flet was not the same as the bright sun-light, and her eyes were tired. Drandwen sat aside the paper she had been reading and sighed, her eyes still closed. Correcting the exams was a difficult task, even more for her than for her students. A faint memory came back to her - when her children had been young and her family whole... Drandwen struggled to push the happy images away.

A soft sound of an harp entered her musings. Somebody was playing a beautiful melody nearby. It was not until the musician began to sing when did Drandwen recognize him. A light smile touched her lips. Drandwen opened her eyes, stood up and looked down from her flet. One flet lower, there stood a dark-haired ellon with an harp in his hands, singing in a beautiful clear voice:

"You touched my heart, oh maiden fair,
Your eyes so green, your smile so dear,
And I will always sing when you're near..."

Drandwen laughed, as she shook her head.

"Irrihim! Will you ever stop? The others will finally come to belive you are truly in love with me!"

The ellon stopped singing. Grinning widely, he spread his arms in an innocent gesture.

"Don't worry, they have gotten used to it already... or tired...."

"Oh, come up! Don't stand there like that!" Drandwen stepped aside from the ladder so that he could climb up. Hurriedly, she put the cushions her students used to sit upon in one corner of the "classroom" to clear up the space.

"Working late, as I see..." Irrihim said indifferently, but Drandwen knew he was worried for her and had come to send her home. The one thing he didn't understand was that... It was so sad and empty there, too quiet.

"Don't worry. I was just about to leave when you came."

"No, you were not," he said, suddenly serious. "And I WILL worry. You work too much. And you forget to rest or to take care of yourself."

Drandwen couldn't help but smile thankfully. It felt so good to have somebody around, somebody who actually cared...

"You are no nice, young one," she gently stroked his hair, then quickly gathered her belongings and made ready to leave.

"I will walk you home," Irrihim offered, and Drandwen accepted his offer gladly. They blew off the lanterns and quietly left the class-flet, following the hanging bridges and passages to the mallorn tree near the very edge of Caras Galadhon where Drandwen lived. And all the way long they were singing quietly one song after another, so that the smile never left Drandwen's fair face.

[Edited on 3/1/2006 by Nifredil]
We still remember, we who dwell In this far land, beneath the trees The starlight on the Western seas...
In the Realm of Ulmo
~Teveldin~
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2006 09:52
"My name is Oriwen," The other said simply, "You are from Mirkwood you say? I guess that would explain why I've never seen you."

Teveldin was prevented from response by the entrance of a new, strangely familiar presence. While he was still trying to place the shadowed newcomer, however, Oriwen spoke once more, obviously having noticed the stranger.

"It was a pleasure meeting you Teveldin, sir. But perhaps I shall take my leave so you may speak with the gentleman?"

Once more, Teveldin nearly forgot to answer, and so it was the stranger that answered.

"You do no need to take leave if you do not wish to m'lady, I am just here to greet an old friend."

It was not until this moment, as the elf stepped forward, smiling, and the light from the surrounding woods fell upon him, that full realization dawned, and Teveldin's face lit up in recognition.

"Daefirith?" He grinned widely, stepping forward at once to greet the other elf. "Valar, I had not expected to find you here!"

"Nor I you." Daefirith returned warmly as their arms clasped between them. "I had thought to find you tomorrow, but knowing you, you?d be gone by then. But why are you here? Have you tired of the humans already?"

This last was asked with a mischievous edge, but Teveldin replied in kind, if not somewhat edgily. "Not in the least. But how is Ithilloth? Is she here with you?"

((Sorry it took me so long to reply-- And thanks for joining Nifredil!))

Sillende
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2006 10:39
Daefirith went with the change of subject noticing the tone in Teveldin's voice.

"Ithilloth is well and is here though I doubt I will find her to morning unless her feet will her to come to me. I do not doubt that she is now going over her songs softly to herself as she wanders,"he replied, his face had softened. As it was with his is sister it wa so with him, he could not be angered with her personality for long,"Perhaps later or tomorrow for it seems you may need your rest that I ill take her to see you or perhaps she will find you on her own. She did seem like she wanted to speak with you."

He looked to the elf standing, now silent after the warm greeting of him and Teveldin. She seemed awkward almost around the two people, he noticed the book in her hand.

"You and my sister would get along well,"Daefirith said.
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2006 01:51
Oriwen suddenly looked up when she realized she had been spoken too. Daefirith had said his sister and her would get along, Oriwen shrugged.

"Perhaps, that is yet to be seen," she said politely, "I wouldn't mind meeting her though, Ithilloth is her name you say?" she said.

Daefirith nodded.

Oriwen then looked into her memory to see if she recognized either name. Daefirith's name she connected with blacksmith, maybe thats where she had seen him, making something, of course that could be all wrong. But Ithilloth she didn't recognize, but she seemed to like the art of songs, from what her brother had said.

Oriwen suddenly had many curious questions to ask. About Daefirith's work, his sister, and Teveldin and something about humans? But she was not sure how to ask, she decided she should probably stay away from her question for Teveldin, so she spoke to Daefirith once more.

"Daefirith, I was just wondering, have we met before? I'm sorry if it sounds somewhat off topic, but you look familiar.."

Sillende
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2006 11:03
"Daefirith, I was just wondering, have we met before? I'm sorry if it sounds somewhat off topic, but you look familiar.."

Daefirith studied her again. He did not see much of Imladris, his hands always busy but as he had thought before she did seem familiar. He scowled in thought but he could not place her.

"Perhaps you have seen me in Imladris and I have seen you in passing,"he replied atlast. That is the only way he could have possibly seen her before and her short hair did seem to bring back a memory of a certain elf he had almost ran into.
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2006 12:01
Oriwen nodded, but noticed in herself that just the word Imladris stung her, thankfully she easily kept her face and posture the same.

"Yes, I think I have," she said, as she carefully uncovered the memory of his face in her mind back when she dwelled in Rivendell.

"Please, I would like to hear how you two know each other?" she then asked, looking at both of them in turn. She hoped her questions were not annoying. She couldn't help it, she loved to learn.
~Teveldin~
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2006 12:51

"Please, I would like to hear how you two know each other?" Oriwen then asked, looking at both of them in turn.

Teveldin could not retain a soft laugh as he crossed his arms and leaned back against the balcony railing. "That is quite a story." He smiled. "But I do not mind the telling."

At Daefirith's nod, he began.

"I have lived among the Dunedain for most of my adult life, and have been through many trails in their company. One such occurred some two-score years ago: In the wilderness outside of the Old Forest, which is near the Shire lands in the west. It was there, in the dead of night, that our camp was attacked by wolves, and in the ensuing battle, two of our nuimber were wounded. In the chaos, my sword was also broken."

"That's the important thing, you know." Daefirith grinned, taking up the tale. "It was nearly midnight when their company limped into Archet, where I had stopped for the night. The entire inn was thrown into an uproar: healers were summoned, rooms cleared out, townsfolk crowding about: but through it all, this one--" Here he gestured to Teveldin, "wanted a Smith. That's it. Soaking wet and covered in blood, and he wanted a blacksmith. The nearest was in Bree, however, so I offered to do the job. It was not until the next day that I discovered that he too, was an elf, and that was how our friendship began."

"It wasn't just any sword..." Teveldin smiled in half-hearted defense. "It was an heirloom."

Daefirith laughed. "Of course."

"But what of you, Oriwen?" Teveldin changed the subject. "You are not of this wood. How did you come to be here?"

_____

(Sorry it took me a while to post, and hope you don't mind the tale, Sillende! Total ad-lib, that. )

LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2006 01:52
At Tevelin's question, Oriwen paused. She wasn't sure how to tell them or even if she should tell them of her past life. After thinking it through for a moment she chose her words very carefully.

"I came here to make a life. I ... I use to live in Rivendell with my family. But after some ... unfortunate events,"

Oriwen really didn't feel like telling her horrific tale of her slaughtered mother, and the father who abandoned them. Those memories still haunted her, she never went a night without her nightmares.

"My older brother and sister," she continued, "took me away from that land, and we spent many years traveling sort of looking for a new home, and at the same time seeing what and who was out there in Middle-Earth."

Oriwen never minded talking of her time with her brother and sister, she loved them dearly, and missed them more than ever. She was still young as an elf, and the vast land with its great population frightened her.

"But eventually, both of them found a home, I hope. I knew then that I needed to also. And, well, Lothlorien looked like a place where ... where I may find ... peace."

Again, Oriwen had to push back her dark hair.
Sillende
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2006 03:39
((I love the tale Teveldin a lot better than I could have done))

Daefirith listened to Oriwen's reply. Daefirith knew the love between siblings and he could see that her eyes shone with what seemed lost memories of some what better days with her brother and sister. Teveldin nor him asked her to further explain the unfortunate events that had caused her to be left traveling with her family.

"It seems you have made a wise choice,"Daefirith said,"Even Teveldin is not as restless here."
~Teveldin~
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2006 11:44
Teveldin's smile faded as Oriwen told her story, all too aware of the memories lurking behind her eyes. He himself had learned long ago how to conceal such signs, but Oriwen was young and innocent; she would never need to learn how to hide those emotions. Neither he or Daefirith pressed her for details.

"It seems you have made a wise choice,"Daefirith said,"Even Teveldin is not as restless here."

Teveldin smiled. "Aye, that is true. This is a restful place, and one in which it is difficult to mark the passing of time. That is probably why I came back."

(Sorry so short, I'm in a rush...)))

LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2006 12:31
Oriwen nodded to Teveldin.

"Already I feel my very soul becoming to peace. But I'm afraid it will take a long time before I am .. well fully healed you could say. My memories of past times are still rather fresh, though you may not think so."

She suddenly shook her head.

"But I wish to speak no more of such things. Do you two gentlemen have engagements this evening?" she asked, Oriwen didn't have any plans as such, but she wished to know as to not take up any more of the elves' time.
Sillende
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2006 04:18
((I was afraid no one was posting anymore))

Daefirith agreed wit a nod. They all in a way had one thing in common and that was were memories that wanted to be left unspoken. He too had lost but he knew it was not such a loss as these two.

"But I wish to speak no more of such things. Do you two gentlemen have engagements this evening?" she asked.

Daefirith looked to Oriwen, pondering, of course there was no reason to for he had nothing planned. He would still have to find Ithilloth one way or another. She was most likely standing still, listening to the songs of others going by.

"Nothing I know of, there is of course my sibling to find before she takes leave again with out me noticing,"he said in a light hearted tone.

He looked to Teveldin, studying him silently. Being his friend even after all these years of not having even catch a glimpse of him, he could see that the elf was weary. Not the weariness a good sleep would heal but one that would always linger no matter where you were. It seemed even more noticeable now, especially after Teveldin's previous words.
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2006 05:26
"Your sister has a way of eluding you does she?" Oriwen said with the first hint of humor all evening, though a smile did not grace her lips.

Oriwen was not one to smile, perhaps once or twice for politeness but other than that she never felt a reason to smile anymore.

((just a small post to keep it alive))
Sillende
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2006 04:36
"Yes she certainly does,"Daefirith said, sighing,"It is very frustrating at times."

He looked to trees, beyond Teveldin. He could see the stars shine through the leaves and hew knew why his sister loved the night so dearly. It gave him inspiration as well, with out those stars he doubted he could make jewels so beautiful.

"I should take my leave and go find her," he turned to Teveldin,"It was good to see your face again and I would hope to see it again soon,"his gaze then turned to Oriwen,"A pleasure to have met you."
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2006 12:42
Oriwen gave Daefirith a small curtsy, then she had to push back her hair.

"I hope you do find her, but don't be too agitated with her, everyone needs some time alone, or to be refreshed with others company. Though perhaps one day I could meet her. But for now I will say farewell to you, and it was a pleasure to have met you as well."
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2006 03:25
[OOC: I dared to find Ithilloth before Daefirith]

As Irrihim escorted Drandwen home, they sang together a beutiful song about the Mallorn trees, their silver trunks and branches, and their golden leaves. Drandwen happily let her clear voice sound beneath the large trees, and the Teleri heritage was clear to everybody who heard them sing. When the song was over, Irrihim started a new one. It was a very ancient one that told about the Ruin of Doriath.

But Irrihim sang alone. Drandwen just walked lost in her memories. Doriath.... How long ago it had been... But that wasn't the main cause of her sadness. This song was sometimes sung my her eldest son, her Mallen... When he still used to sing... She sighed, hoping to see him again some day.

"Drandwen? Are you all right?" Irrihim asked, and the elleth realised they had been walking in silence for a while.
"Why, yes," she smiled at the young ellon. "I just.... Got carried away by the memories your song brought back to me."

"I am sorry for disturbing you," now he looked sad.

"No, it's all right!" Drandwen smiled at him cheerfully, "It was not a bad memory... Just... About some things that will never return, but...ah!" she gasped suddenly, when her eyes fell upon the slender form of an elleth that was standing alone and staring at the stars above. The moonlight iluminated herand made her look like an excellent ornament wrought of silver, her hair was shining in the mystical light...

"Ranna!" she called abruptly, before she even knew it. The elleth turned... And that very instant Drandwen knew she had been mistaken. Of course, she had known that Rannathir could not be there... But still the disappointment was too great.

"I am... sorry," she whispered to the strange elleth who stood looking questioningly at her. Then, turning towards Irrihim, Drandwen asked him not to follow her, and disappeared in the dark.

The ellon stood there speechless, barely understanding what had happened there... And nothing of the reasons. Then he loked up at the elleth.

"I am sorry, my lady," he felt it his duty to apologize, though he didn not fully understand, why, "it was not her intention to startle you..." Irrihim lowered his eyes, unable to look into her own shining blue. He thought of anything else to say, of a polite way to get away and follow Drandwen... But she had asked him not to... And now he was, alone, with an unfamiliar elleth who most probably thought he was an unwelcome iintruder in her solitude...
We still remember, we who dwell In this far land, beneath the trees The starlight on the Western seas...
In the Realm of Ulmo
Sillende
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2006 07:06
Ithilloth stood silently, no sound escaping her as she rested, alone. She had heard the music of others and had stopped to listen. In her solitude she was not aware of everything around her. Even as it ended it was almost as if she in a trance.

A voice startled her and she turned abruptly to find an elleth of honey hair staring at her to realize that Ithilloth was not the one she thought it was. A questioning look was in her eyes as she left, and to Ithilloth it seemed she was disappointed.

There was yet another who had accompanied the honey haired one and he apologized for startling her. She tilted her head, studying him for a moment. A soft smile graced her lips and she spoke.

"There is no need for I only stopped to listen to the song that sounded through out the forest. It would not happen to have been you and your companion?"
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2006 09:26
Irrihim was surprised. The elleth didn't sound displeased with their intrusion. In fact, she was very kind and... He couldn't find the right wird to describe her attitude.

"Wel... Y-yes, we did sing... Or I did, the last song..." the ellon answered. He found himself extremely embarrassed in the company of an unfamiliar elleth...

"Oh, pardon my manners!" he suddenly remembered. "My name is Irrihim. And my companion was... is Drandwen. I was just walking her home, as I sometimes do when she is working late..." Irrihim stopped himself. Now that was too much said! No need to bother the elleth with such an unnecessary detail.
In the Realm of Ulmo
Sillende
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2006 12:16
Ithilloth listened to him speak and a hint of amusement shone in her eyes but it was quickly gone. He stumbled to a halt as he realized he was speaking so much to one he had now just met.

"Well it sounded beautiful Irrihim. I am Ithilloth, tis a pleasure to meet you even if it was such an awkward meeting,"she said.

Daefirith left and did not know which way to go. Ithilloth was a clever one at hiding from him. Perhaps he should listen to the words of Oriwen.
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2006 10:22
Oriwen watched Daefirith leave, then turn to gaze out of the balcony. She and Teveldin, stood in comfortable silence, both in thought just enjoying the sight of Lothlorien.

As Oriwen suddenly glanced at Teveldin, he did seem weary, though not extremely. She wondered if this place really could cure them fully ... she doubt it. The pain of the past was just too deep.

Sighing she turned to the elf and said, "I think I shall take my leave as well. I need to catch up on some reading." she said holding up her book, "It was lovely to have met you ... even though it was by accident. Hopefully we shall see each other again, but not in the same way."

Nodding to him, she turned and softly walked away into the halls once more.
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2006 12:02
Irrihim thought he caught a hidden message in Ithilloth's words - that she wanted to be left alone...

"Yes, it was nice to meet you, too," he nodded with a shy smile. "And I am glad you liked the songs. I only found them recently in one of the Libraries... Well, I will be leaving now, I would hate to interrupt your solitude," the young ellon bowed politely and was ready to leave th every moment Ithilloth would say her farewell.
In the Realm of Ulmo
Sillende
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2006 10:15
"Ithilloth!'a voice called out.

She instantly recongnized it as her brother's. A soft sigh escaped her and she smiled at the ellon,"Well farewel, Irrihim. It seems my solitude will be be interrupted yet again." Her tone was light hearted but she turned and wlaked away towards her brother's voice.

Tomorrow she would be on her own, she promised to herself or atleast with out her brother.
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2006 09:16
"Farewell," Irrihim replied, and turned to the opposite direction to the one Ithilloth took. Still, after a couple of steps he looked back over his shoulder. She was gone.

Not knowing where to go, the ellon walked for some time, then climbed on a flet and sat down to wait for the sunrise. His soul was filled with sadness, just like the last few months.
In the Realm of Ulmo
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email