Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Vanëmatariel
Council Member
Send Message
Post *Queen of His Heart, Lord of Hers* ( love story; free! please join!)
on: January 07, 2006 04:15
This is about Elemmírë, a 18-yr.-old Gondorian noble who has fallen in love with a 28-yr.-old peasant. It is a love story, but I'm hoping for some action too.
Here is her profile:

http://councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=RPG&file=index&action=viewcharacter&rpgid=5521

Rules:
1) No shield-maidens!
2) No hobbits, elves or half-elves.
3) All posts must be at least 100 words, though longer is always encouraged.

Please join!

~*~*~*~

Elemmírë dug her heels in insistently, urging her steed forward, anxious to leave the White City behind.

She wondered vaguely if anyone had seen her leaving, if anyone had recognized her as Lord Hirlond’s daughter, a noble, though she had covered herself in a homespun cloak. She fretted as she realized the cloak did not fully obscure her fine gown. Her heart fluttered threateningly to think of it.

But as the eightteen-year-old rode out across the Pellanor, she forgot her worries. Her mind was filled only with a giddy excitement, and her heart with longing. Her beloved was waiting…

It was a terrible secret to keep, a burning passion that threatened to drive her mad every time they were apart.

She could not declare her love to anyone but her lover alone. She was yet young and a maiden of noble birth. He was ten years her senior and a lowly woodsman by trade. What they had was a crime in the eyes of the kingdom, a shameful deed that would condemn them both in their people’s eyes, if anyone ever found them out…

The twilight deepened as Elemmírë left the fields for the edge of the woods. When safely in the shade of the trees, she dismounted, leading her horse by the bridle towards the open glade that was to be their meeting spot. When she reached it, the glade was empty. The deepening night and the uneasy noises of the woods made her nervous. She shrank close to her horse and shut her eyes, trying to fight off her fears by thinking only of her beloved and praying that she had made a mistake.

[Edited on 8/1/2006 by Vanëmatariel]

[Edited on 8/1/2006 by Vanëmatariel]
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: *Queen of His Heart, Lord of Hers* ( love story; free! please join!)
on: January 08, 2006 11:43
((OoC: Hey! This sounds quite interesting, your post was stunning honey! Do you mind if I join in the fun? My character Kindan isn't in the DB yet, but hopefully soon))

Kindan knew these woods like he knew himself.
That is, not very well.
He moved silently, his footsteps light despite his stockier frame, uncertain whether or not he was going in the right direction. If he was, he would be suprised. If he wasn't, it was as he expected. It didn't bother him; he really had no real direction in mind. He was just wandering for the pure joy of movement. Although he would be more comfortable on the sea...thinking of water, he wondered how close he was to the Anduin. He wasn't sure, but as soon as he got out of the woods, hopefully he'd be able to see Minas Tirith and get his bearings.
He heard a horse's soft whinny and headed towards the sound, hoping that perhaps its owner might be able to point him out of the woods.
Vanëmatariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2006 01:11
((thank you. no, I don't mind at all, but I'm begining to doubt that anyone is interested...))

Elemmírë tensed suddenly, hearing quiet footsteps approach from the dark. She opened her eyes, but could barely see. The moon had been rather bright on the plains, but here in the forest, it was darker than she had expected.

She turned about nervously, trying to discern which direction the sound was coming from. She grabbed her reigns impulsively, ready to spring into the saddle and flee.

The steps drew closer.

"Who's there?" she said aloud, her voice sounding young and fragile - and afraid. There was no answer, but the steps drew nearer still. “Belegund, is it you?” she inquired hopefully, if fearfully, into the darkness.
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2006 01:52
Kindan could barely make out the shadowy form of a horse ahead. It appeared the voice came from behind it.
"I'm not sure who your Belegund is, but it is not me, that's for sure," Kindan responded. "I'm a traveler. Can you tell me where I am in relation to the White City, my lady-assuming that's where you hail from?" the voice was definitely a woman's. She sounded quite young.
A clandestine tryst, he decided instantly. She was waiting for a friend...a male friend, if the name was any indication. Ah well, it wasn't really his business. He stepped into the open and wwalked over to the horse, then peered over its withers at a young darkhaired girl with eyes of a dark-blue similar to his own. She was slender, although he wouldn't say she was half again as fragile as her voice would lead one to believe. She had a sharp nose and extremely determined chin-she looked like a woman who would definitely sneak out at night to meet her lover. He'd stake his life on it, that that was what she was doing.
"Hello," he added, offering a disarming smile. "I'm Kindan. What are you called? Because, you see, I don't believe your...friend's...name is of much use here, and that's the only one I know." his wine-blue eyes were suprisingly earnest and childlike as he watched he casually over the back of her tall steed.
Vanëmatariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2006 02:26
Surprised and crestfallen, Elemmírë looked at the stranger, squinting to see him in the dark.

"Minas Tirith is due north of here..." she gestured in that direction. "Take that path there and it will lead you out of the wood. The road is plain enough from there. The city fairly glows in the moonlight. I trust that you won't miss it."

The maiden's words were helpful enough, but Kindan noted with a slight smile that she seemed eager to get rid of him.

Elemmírë turned away from him abruptly, jumping at the sound of sticks snapping in the forest. She was very skittish, this one.

She turned back to him abruptly and even in the dark, he could tell there was suspicion in her eyes.

"And how do I know that I can trust you with my name, traveler? How do I know you're not some waif or wicked thief?
Call me Mistaë if you must have a name. It is as true a name as any, I'll warrant..."

(( the elvish verb mista- means "to stray"))

the_sparrows_are_coming
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2006 03:02
((I'll join if I may, but as I am relatively new here, my character...who I happened to recently make up, because I have really never rped LOTR enough to have a character ready...is not yet in the database. But don't worry, I can do quite well with him even if he is just beginning to take shape in my mind.))

Strange that the girl on horseback would be talking about thieves and outlaws, thought Stefan as he crept quietly up behind her, because that was exactly what was approaching her now, or at least a would-be one. He gripped the handle of his short sword nervously. The little voice in the back of his mind gnawed away at him viciously. What in the name of Eorl do you think you're doing, Stef? Have you gone so low as to ambush an innocent girl? What makes you think you'll pull this off without any trouble? You've never robbed anyone in your life. You're a beggar by nature, just because someone is scruffy and poor doesn't make them a thief. And look, there's someone with her already. If you touch her you'll probably find yourself in a mess before you can blink.

But I'm desperate, the boy reminded himself, crouching in the darkness. I need money, or better yet, food. The seventeen-year-old, just about a month shy of eighteen, was an orphan, a poor beggar who had traveled from Rohan to Gondor. He went barefoot, which was all the better for moving quietly, for he was no good at it otherwise. A dirty tunic and a pair of scuffed, torn breeches hung over his emaciated, unhealthy looking frame. His sandy brown bangs were falling into his eyes, but it didn't really matter because he could barely see anyway. He came within a few feet of her and the horse that stood behind her. He was suddenly reminded of his old job as a groom and stable boy for hire, wandering the streets of Edoras. He had always wished for a horse of his own as a boy, but that was a hopeless dream. As Stefan prepared to make his move, he felt a pang of regret. She seemed rather nice. He could tell by her voice. But he was starving. If he didn't get food soon, he'd die here in the woods, alone and forgotten.

Bringing up his dagger, he placed the flat of the blade on the back of her neck. "Don't move. Just give me what I need, and I will not harm you."
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2006 04:28
((Welcome Sparrow! 'Stef' seems really cool.))

Kindan did not move, his eyes flicking to the boy behind the girl. "I don't suppose this is Beregond?" he asked 'Mistaë' ironically, his wine-blue eyes traveling down the length of the dully glinting dagger.
The scruffy, rather gaunt boy's eyes were masked...but he thought he could see fear in them.
"Well, boy, you are rather desperate. Attacking a girl at night. You don't look like an outlaw to me-at least not a experienced or hardened one in anyway. You've made a mistake already." he sauntered around to the boy and took hold of the wrist with the dagger. "Never use the flat side if you want to hold somebody still. That's what the point is for-and why most daggers have slightly dulled points. And if you really want someone to be inert, you can do this." A slight grin made his expression lopsided as he considered that Mistaë was probably certain he was a bandit now. Hah, he wished he was-he'd much rather have some idiot soldiers chasing him than his uncle.
A dagger was in his hand as if by magic, pressed lightly against the boy's throat. Seconds later he released him.
"You see?" his goodnatured expression did not shift, but his eyes hardened. "Don't do it unless you can do it properly, boy. Leave the maid alone." He let go of the boy and left him where he stood, a few feet away from the lady. He nodded slightly to her. "Thank you for the directions, my lady." turning, he left the clearing-but he watched silently from the thicket to be sure the would-be-bandit was going to let her alone. Valar, that kid could use some teaching. If he met up with him again he'd have to send him to Darin, see what he could make of him. But if, by chance, he met up again with the young Gondorian noble, he didn't want the bandit's name to overshadow any chances he had in the City. And that one, he'd wager, would remeber it.
the_sparrows_are_coming
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2006 07:01
((Thanks. He might be cool, but he really sucks at being a thief.))

Stefan now began to realize that he actually had not eaten in days. How long could a person survive like that? His mind was already slipping. The state he was in was actually sort of a form of drunkenness. He sort of stood like that, feeling awkward, when the man noticed him. What a stupid plan, Stefan realized. The man could easily defeat him, in this weakened state. This confirmed it. His brain was not working right anymore. He'd been so dazed by hunger as to attempt this foolish idea. Then a bunch of things happened, too fast for the young man to comprehend in his slowly fading mind. Somehow he had lost possession of the dagger, and then it was at his throat, and then it wasn't. And the man was saying something. Or at least Stefan thought he was a man. He didn't really see anything but a pair of deep blue eyes, as his vision was getting sort of blurry for some reason. But the voice was deep and defenitely masculine. Saying something about doing something wrong. Well, obviously. He was doing everything wrong tonight. The boy didn't speak. He didn't want to waste time or energy moving his mouth. Stefan turned away, but suddenly his legs wouldn't work when he told them to. Stupid legs. Just like the rest of him. Stupid, stupid, stupid...the beggar turned would-be bandit finally lost consciousness, eyes closing, his face sinking into the forest floor.
LizzyB
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2006 07:18
Belegund stepped from the shadows and surveyed the scene laid out before him. A young waif lay at Ellemmire's feet, looking as if he had passed out from exhaustion. He shook his head and smiled, tapping the girl on the shoulder. "Hello love. I see we have company tonight." His eyes danced as he took in the sight of his beloved. "Might I inquire as to what happened?" He motioned to the youth spread out on the ground, not inclined to help him at the moment. If by any chance this was the thief that was rumored to be visiting the outlying villages he had a duty to report the boy. Even bring him before the Steward if necessary. He took the womans hand in his and lifted it to his lips "You're troubled Mire. Whats wrong?" He used the pet name he had given her, trying to understand what had her so bothered.
Vanëmatariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2006 09:07
Elemmírë jumped when a hand tapped her on the shoulder. She spun to see who it was, but it was so dark, she couldn't see clearly. Fortunately, she did have to; the voice that spoke next flooded her veins with relief.
"Hello love. I see we have company tonight. Might I inquire as to what happened?"

Elemmírë tried to explain, her eyes flitting back and forth between the exhausted beggar and the man before her.
Clearly his eyesight was keener than hers, for he marked the look of distress on her face.
"You're troubled Mire. Whats wrong?"

"It...it's nothing...I just..." Elemmírë tried again to articulate her feelings, but the words seemed strangled.

"You're late," she finally said, sounding hurt. "Why, whatever kept you? I was sick with worry..."

Elemmírë pulled him close, clinging to him desperately. Without another word, she buried her face in the fabric of his tunic to hide her tears of relief and tried to still her racing heart.

LizzyB
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2006 02:41
He cradled her close and smoothed the dark hair, kissing her forehead. "Shhh love. It's all right." Belegund let her have her tears all the while keeping an eye on the boy who lay on the ground. There was someone else.... That much he was sure of. There were some sounds the forest did not make. When Elemmire seemed to have gained more control of herself he pulled back and studied her face. "Now my darling, don't worry. One of the foals would not nurse. I needed to feed it myself. Nothing to fret over, really." He kissed her gently on the lips "Has something happened Dear One? It's not like you to be so overwrought."
Vanëmatariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2006 03:39
Elemmírë shook her head earnestly, reminding Belegund of a stubborn little girl. "Not here..." she whispered, pulling him towards her horse “I don't like these woods, they aren't as safe or quiet as they should be." she said urgently, wiping away the tears.

"Let us ride, Belegund," she implored him. "The Sun is but an hour gone, and surely you have not come far to get here." Elemmírë seemed to notice for the first time that there was only her horse to be seen. She looked at him quizzically. "Surely you did not walk? Or are we really so near your home?" She seemed to shudder at he thought of it, since it seemed an unfit and wild place.

Elemmírë had no idea where he lived and he had only glimpsed her father's house from afar the day they met. Belegund knew what she wanted, even if she wouldn’t ask. She wanted him to show her where he lived. Belegund hesitated, wondering if Elemmírë’s perception of him would change if he yielded to her request.

the_sparrows_are_coming
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2006 04:11
Stefan stirred slightly. His mind was hazy and unclear. He couldn't see well at all. Two people were talking, that much he was sure of. A girl's voice, then a man's. He shifted slightly. His cracked lips broken open painfully, and he tried to force a voice out of his throat. Only a slight rasp came. He still wasn't thinking very clearly. His outstretched hand twitched slightly, as if begging for food.
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2006 03:12
Watching the would-be bandit boy, Kindan felt a sharp stab of pity. Without further thought he left the wood once again, kneeling beside the boy as he cursed the healer in him that wouldn't let him leave a hurt or ill person with an easy conscience. But there it was.
He shrugged dismissively to himself, removing a flask of water from his pack and supporting the boy's head as he helped him drink.
LizzyB
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2006 05:01
Belegund looked over his shoulder at the boy. There was a man kneeling by his side. "Wait here Love." He kissed her hand and made his way to the pair. "Will he be all right?" His brown eyes studied the young man. Exhaustion seemed to be the main culprit of this attack. That and perhaps lack of food. "Put him on the Lady's horse. My home isn't far from here and he can rest there."

You can't bring Elemmire to the cottage. She's a Lady and you're a peasant, you don't even own the land you work. A look of self-loathing came over his features but he quickly covered it. What needed to be done he would do. Belegund smiled "Mire, will you allow the lad the use of your horse?"
Vanëmatariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2006 07:41

Elemmírë frowned; she didn't seem to have the same amount of compassion for the waif as Belegund and Kinden did.

"If he cannot stand, he may ride." the young woman said rather coldly. "But I will lead the beast myself, lest he try and steal it."

Belegund looked confusedly at Elemmírë, but she offered no further explanation.

"I doubt he has the strength to steal anything, dear one. But why so cold?"

"Need I much more reason than his knife at my throat?" she said plainly, turning to face Belegund with cold anger in her blue eyes. "Wasted or not, I can't trust him."

Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2006 08:26
"No need," Kindan said hastily, doubting he would be able to do anything at all with the apparently cold-hearted woman and the well-meaning man over his shoulder. He didn't like crowds, nor people especially-even though there were only two of them, the woman's rather overpowering presence was enough to make him feel so. Not nessicarly in her physical demeanor, but definitely in her forceful personality. "I have a horse. I'll care for the boy. My campsite isn't far from here."
LizzyB
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2006 08:54
"It will be cold tonight. Wouldn't you rather be indoors?" Belegund ignore Elemmire for the moment. It wasn't like her to be so overbearing and cold. He knew her for the caring, warm woman that she was. "Please don't insult my hospitality Sir. At least eat a meal and sit by the fire for a minute. After that you're free to go." He looked at the boy on the ground. He certainly didn't look like the type to threaten anyone
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email