Register

Author Topic:
Drauglin
Council Member
Send Message
Post Ring of the Witch-King
on: January 25, 2006 11:44
Hi, does anyone have this item here?

http://cgi.ebay.com/WITCH-KING-ring-wraith-REPLICA-RING-LORD-OF-THE-RINGS_W0QQitemZ5561092513QQcategoryZ82161QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I love the real Witch-King's Ring, but I can't afford it. Does anyone know if this one comes out of its package or anything?
mallenel
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Ring of the Witch-King
on: January 26, 2006 01:31
This is one of the toy replica rings. It comes with a lightup box/base and if its new and unopened in a cardboard and plastic box. You can remove it from the lightup base but I dont think you are supposed to wear it. It is not made of real silver and the metal will change color if you expose it to water ,friction etc . Please note that some detailes on it differ from the original ring and that it only excist in one size.

However it work as a part of your LOTR collection or as a substitute until you can afford the real replica ring. Before I bought my noble collection Nenya I wore the toy replica Nenya. My advise is to start saving
Drauglin
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2006 11:47
Thanks for the info... I want to get a whole Nazgul costume together, so you're right when you say start saving....

I might look like a tool-bag wearing a little plastic replica, but I think I'll get it. I need something to tide me over, but by this Halloween I must have my costume ready!

(I have friends who throw a forest costume party every year. My plan is to put on the costume, then sneak up on them from the opposite direction and scare the bejezus out of them!! I'm also trying to make a little device that plays the Nazgul scream when you push a button.)
mallenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2006 11:53
It is not a plastic replica. It´s made of some kind of metal but it is not made out of silver .

(it is possible to learn how to scream as a Nasgul. I´m pretty good at it. It might be easier for girls, but why not give it a try?
Drauglin
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2006 01:30
It is not a plastic replica. It´s made of some kind of metal but it is not made out of silver .

(it is possible to learn how to scream as a Nasgul. I´m pretty good at it. It might be easier for girls, but why not give it a try?

LOL! I sure have tried. I just end up sounding like a bad Def Leppard song from the 80's. Plus I want to learn electronics a little bit
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email