Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Miranduviel
Council Member
Send Message
Post Does Anyone Have the DVD/EE Gift-Pack Items?
on: March 08, 2006 07:59
Does anyone have the individually-released DVD/EE gift-pack items, the Argonath bookends from FOTR, the Gollums from TTT, and the Minas Tirith trinket box from ROTK?

Were you annoyed that when you got your Minas Tirith box, it was an icky resin grey color, and not white, like the White City is supposed to be? I actually had a friend who's into model-building as a big hobby (and has deveoped a product he sells from his website) repaint Minas Tirith. He did something like, 8 or ten layers of airbrushing, and one dome on Mindolluin(?) has a red dome. I traded 2 Babylon 5 models as part of the painting price, and I think I want him to add a couple more red (or orangey copper) domes in the city.

My questions are: Have a lot of people painted Minas Tirith? Will a good paint job (my friend's gotten awards for his model-building and finishing) increase the item's collectibility, or lessen it?
MirkwoodsArcher
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Does Anyone Have the DVD/EE Gift-Pack Items?
on: March 09, 2006 02:34
Yes, I was lucky enough to be able to get all three boxsets .. those collectible models are fantastic.

I thought (and indeed think) that colours are very good, so I would never repaint it. A lot of stuff I wouldn't hesitate to repaint but never Minus Tirith, but thats just my view on it . Sounds like the project is in good hands though
mallenel
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Does Anyone Have the DVD/EE Gift-Pack Items?
on: March 10, 2006 12:50
In my opinion it will lessen it. If you look at it, even to open the box lessens it's value a lot so to repaint it (even if the work is done by a pro) will make it even lower. My advice is to buy two and paint one of them, or to build a completely new model of Minas Tirith.
Good luck
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email