Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Rulea
Council Member
Send Message
Post If Arwen brought Narsil
on: December 15, 2006 11:23
I was thinking about this the other day; What if Arwen had brought the sword instead of Elrond. What would have Aragorn said and would he have taken it?
Finduelas
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: If Arwen brought Narsil
on: December 15, 2006 07:22
Haha! I can totally imagine
(Aragorn) Arwen?! *drool*:love:
(Arwen) I brought your sword! You can be a king and stuff!
(Aragorn) *drool* OH! Um....*grabs sword* Thanks!

Sorry, I'm a bit stupid sometimes!
Rulea
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2006 08:08
Oh that's cute!
KingxElessar
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2006 09:25
Aragorn: You aren't supposed to be here. I'm telling Tolkien on you.

Rulea
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 17, 2006 05:53
Good one! :disco:
I think Arwen would have a heck of a time to convince him to use it because he would feel he wasn't worthy of it.
aewon
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 17, 2006 07:16
I don't know what aragorn would have said but I would have strangled PJ the next time I saw him
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: December 18, 2006 08:40
I think Aragorn would have had a difficult time getting rid of Theoden...
Rulea
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 18, 2006 02:24
why? Do you think he would want to hang around and listen to what they has to say?
RiverWoman
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 20, 2006 03:29
Personally, I've never understood why the story about the sword was changed from the books. Aragorn had always carried the sword, even when it was broken, he knew it was time to have it reforged and take it back to war against the Dark Lord.
Rulea
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2006 11:46
My theory is maybe they wanted Aragorn to be a little more reluctant to take the sword, because he is ashamed of his blood-line or that the fact Isuldur took the ring. While in the books, he eagerly takes up the sword.
Lexshue
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2006 12:07
My theory on this matter:
(Aragorn)Uhmm, listen Arwen...when I said I didn't want it, I meant it.
(Arwen)What?! I just took 15 minutes of my life to convience my daddy to have it reforged for you...ungrateful pig!
(Meanwhile in the backround) (Theoden)Pwn'd!
(Aragorn) Well...it's not that I don't appreciate it...just that I don't want it...
(Arwen) Makes perfect sense, jerk! We are through...good luck finding someone as sweet as me again.
(Aragorn) Arwen i'm sorry...
(Arwen) Too late, i'm outta here bucko...I want the old Aragorn who wasn't a wuss and afraid of what he is. Sorry, little man, I want a king not a peasant.
And that's what it would've resulted in...Aragorn would've been a wuss in Arwen's sight but Elrond was too imposing and left Aragorn no choice.:evil:
Rulea
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2006 03:35
Good dialouge. I thought of one where Arwen gives the sword to Aragorn, but she came with an elven firend (who happens to be a girl.) After Aragorn refuses the sword, she complains about it to her firend who gose into the tent where Aragorn is and beats him up. She comes out and told him he accepted it and Arwen asks how but the firend dosen't respond. Later, Gimli and Legolas make fun of Aragorn getting beat up by a girl.
Shadowfax500
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2007 05:40
It would be sweet, but I can certainly understand why it was Elrond. With the way a lot of book-purists I know have already complained about the movie, I think they'd have a fit if Arwen went gallivanting off across Middle-Earth to bring Aragorn Anduril. I think that it would be a bad idea storywise, although it is interesting to consider. (I have to wonder about Eowyn's feelings though...)
Rulea
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2007 10:33
She'd probably be upset, but it would let her know that he was taken.
Makil
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2007 07:33
When Arwen throws back her hood and reveals herself , Aragorn is mildly surprized and happy to see her . Then she hands him the sword.He thanks her.
Like any warrior ,of any time, he unseaths the sword , and is immediatly overcome with the beauty of the weapon. Aragorn has forgotten Arwen is even in the tent. He is ohhing and ahhing to himself over the beauty and power of the runes , the perfect balance of the sword. " Andurial". He shaves some arm hair , then shaves some iron a nearby trunk hasp, more arm hair," Ahh!! perfect " He lays his cheek on the blade , and blows his breath along the cold steel to reveal the dragon in the steel." Ahh yes! " he murmers to himself.
And like any warrior's woman of any time , Arwen smiles and turns away saying under her breath " I wish just once in my life, he would look at me the same way he does at some darn piece of steel!.
Rulea
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2007 02:04
Cute, I love it!
~LadyOfEdoras~
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 18, 2007 01:06
i must say i was releived arwen didnt bring it!to cliche!!!"the maiden brings the warriors sword to her love"u know???
having elrond ring it was a good idea!!if arwen had brought it..hmmmm....what would aragorn say??take it and kiss her!!!lol[just joshing]
Rulea
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2007 08:53
...or he'd be really speechless that she didn't go to the Havans.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2007 09:19
I agree LadyOfEdoras. It would have been a bad idea. I liked it that Elrond brought it. Much better. No more kissing.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
~LadyOfEdoras~
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2007 09:47
lol glad somone agrees!!
btw your name is really beutiful!!:love:
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2007 01:15
oh, thank you very much LadyofEdoras. :blush:

Well, if it had been Arwen it would have resulted in another unnecessary kissing scene. And Arwen has too many scenes as it is. *rolls eyes* Less Arwen more Eowyn! geez....
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
~LadyOfEdoras~
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2007 08:17
well,U dont seem to like Arwen very much!!!If you dont mind me asking...why??
btw ur welcome!!!
*huggles*:love::heart::love::love:

[Edited on 29/8/2007 by ~LadyOfEdoras~]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2007 09:03
Oh, well, it's not that I don't like Arwen, I just think that there was too much Arwen in the movies. I really liked her in the books. I was just disappointed that they had so many Arwen and Aragorn love scenes and they didn't really have a love scene for Eowyn and Faramir. But thats a different thread so I won't go on.
~LadyOfEdoras~
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2007 09:12
lol ok!!!
yeah,I really wanted mor E and F too!just didnt happen!!!
Rulea
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2007 11:14
Sounds like we have an Eowyn and Faramir fan. I wanted a couple more Arwen scenes. I think she's cool.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2007 12:54
hmm...well if it hadn't been for Fran Walsh there wouldn't have been any love scenes. PJ would have left them out because he liked doing the action better, lol!
~LadyOfEdoras~
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2007 10:34
Rulea sure I lve arwen too!!trust me!shes way cool!and brave
fogriipus
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 30, 2007 02:46
Just a reminder to stay on topic. There are other threads for discussing about liking/not liking Arwen or Eowyn&Faramir here in the Movies Forum. Thanks!
Rulea
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2007 12:51
:blush:
~LadyOfEdoras~
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2007 02:06
sorry:love: