Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
Post OOC: Restless By Nature, Wanderer By Heart
on: January 03, 2007 05:37
I had the itch to start another rpg with a new character I developed recently (she is in the database for any to look up). This one I plan on having a fairly direct goal, but as with all of my other threads, it will be open for any ideas. The plot is based directly off the history I talk about in the db.

My character Llweryn (or Leyn as she will be called) is belonged to a band of wanderers led by her parents, Ėodath and Mynethe. She and her brother Adarin go off on their own together many times, but the first time Leyn goes off alone, the band is massacred by members of the Riddermark (on accident, not on purpose). She is told that all of her family were killed, but Leyn doesn’t believe that Adarin was slain; she believes he escaped. Leyn, the only survivor, decides to try to find her brother and reunite with him. Her search will begin in a tavern somewhere between Edoras and Minas Tirith where she overhears someone speaking of the massacre. And so her journey begins from there.

Anyone is welcome to join, but realistic characters are a must. It is highly improbable she would be traveling with an orc, a dwarf, or a half-elf (or half-something). One or two elves are acceptable, but men (I especially would like to see a Ranger or a Rider in here) are what I am most looking for. If you are interested in joining this hunt, pm me or post here with a basic outline of your character and any ideas you have. I have the first post up, but before you join, contact me to get approval first. Let the search begin!
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: OOC: Restless By Nature, Wanderer By Heart
on: January 03, 2007 09:07
'ello,
I have never done rpging before, but i am very interested. I like your idea and i think i could be of use to you.
my character is called Singalice,
age; 18 (but that can change that if it's a problem)
weapon; long knives or poniard.
home; Medusald
specialities; has experience as a companion/body gaurd.
personality; introvert. very observant, does not have a problem making flash decisions.

do I pass inspection?

oh, if you wonder about my writing abilities, i have two stories posted in the fanfiction aria.

[Edited on 3/1/2007 by Eleiel]
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: January 03, 2007 09:42
Eleiel,

Please check your PM's (Private Messages). Thank you.
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: January 05, 2007 07:58
It seems that we have two interested members right now. That is a decent number to start with, but I would like one or two more if possible.

Eleiel, your character sounds good. But pm me first please if you get a chance.
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Iri
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2007 08:18
I'm getting a little bogged down at the moment, but I will try to get up a character as soon as I can. I will began the creation process and hopefully have it posted by tonight.

this sounds great
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: January 08, 2007 11:39
It will be great once we get this going, and it never hurts to have any other ideas that can be incorporated into the plot...*gives a meaningful glance*
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2007 05:33
hi Dinenlasse.
I sent you a message but I'll put my character in here too.
I had sent to you before that I had a hlaf elf, but I changed my character. His name is Hilderinc and he is a Rider of Rohan.
Hope this works.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: January 19, 2007 05:37
That will be great, Elfmaiden! I have sent you a couple of pms. See you in the thread!

As for the rest of us, I think we should all meet up in the forest and travel to the inn, unless someone has had a different idea.

[Edited on 1/19/2007 by Dinenlasse]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2007 09:12
sounds like a good plan Dinenlasse. My Character has already met up with you so as soon as you want to move on we can.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: January 22, 2007 12:28
Sounds good...will post sometime soon.
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2007 08:27
I hope you dont mind what I have done, the little plot twist. I am a sticker for carring out an idea before making sure I am not doing something stupid.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2007 09:17
Eleiel, I liked your post and everything and I know this is not my thread but I thought what happened to Leyn's family was that they were attacked by Rohan soldiers by accident, they were not fake Rohan soldiers.
If I am getting this wrong as well I'm sorry and don't heed this post.
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2007 10:51
oops, I think you are right.

But then, why would Adarin dissapear. I am confused:cry:!
Could you clarify this Marnalossiel, please! Then I will edit my post acordingly.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: February 26, 2007 06:56
Marnalossiel isn’t in this thread…as to the confusion, there were actual Rohirric soldiers that overcame the band, not disguised raiders. The reason for this is to explain Leyn’s hesitancy to be around them. To clarify this, Leyn had been away when the band was attacked. Adarin escaped alive, and as of right now, I do not know where Leyn will find him. I am of a mind for a darker purpose for him (details have to be worked out) eventually. Leyn will find him, that is certain, for I do not want him dead. However, raiders can be traveling around possibly posing as the ones that had massacred the band, and Leyn could go after them, but there really is no reason for her to. She isn’t the type of character that would want revenge; all she wants is to find her brother. I know there is probably some confusion in the thread, but as I have made myself clear, edits can be made if needed. Otherwise, my next post can address a rumor or something of that sort. Pm me with any other questions or post here.

ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2007 07:33
I thought that was it, because of the tension between our characters Dinenlasse. Okay, now I'm all good.
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2007 09:08
yes, sorry I meant to say Dinenlasse. I was just trying to follow two threads things at once.

Anyway, thank you for the clairification. I guess in knew that I just forgot it. Singalice does not want revenge either, she just wants to get back Circe.

Perhaps it could be that after wandering around for a few months Adarin was captured by these raiders, and Thuric was following that lead dropped by them. That could be a reason why Adarin did not finding his sister before. That is just idea though and you can tell me if I am being stupid.

I have edited my post with that idea in mind, but if you dont like it re-edit it.

[Edited on 26/2/2007 by Eleiel]
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: February 27, 2007 11:13
Good idea...and it goes along with something that Iri and I have been discussing. I don't know how we can put all ideas together just yet, but after talking it over more, I am sure we can find something that could work. I like the idea of him being captured, but perhaps he joined them out of his own free will? Not saying that Adarin is evil, just that he is confused and needed a place to belong (even if he is 28...he was three years older than Leyn). Any more thoughts?
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2007 02:11
okay, maybe I'm just missing something, but who are the raiders? Are they the Rohan people, or just some people that you guys just came up with? Sorry if it's a stupid question
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: February 28, 2007 11:57
As far as I know, these are made up, but I suppose anything can happen.
Iri
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2007 04:47
I like the idea of Din. Having Adarin join on his own free will, simply because he thought there was nothing left for him. Maybe he assumed Leyn was dead even though she was gone during the raid? Her absence probably made him assume. :: shrugs ::

I went ahead and made my character leave, simply ecause I knew he would not have stayed at an inn and I figured I will have him travel alone and arrive at Minas Tirith before Leyn, if she wants to continue with our discussed plot twist then, Sol will be finding out about all this and sent to track Adarin as is his profession.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2007 05:56
well, I made my character leave with Magorinc, and I was thinking, please tell me if this does not work, that maybe the raiders could come upon them. Wanting to kill them for some reason, not sure.
Well, if this doesn't work please let me know.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: March 01, 2007 11:22
I like that idea. Leyn will go ahead and leave...possibly with Singalice and Earendil? I will wait for the other posts before I go. Then I will begin to post with Adarin soon. Does anyone want to start up a plot of some sort with the raiders or are we allowing for the element of surprise, and I won't be playing Adarin...what does everyone else think?
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2007 07:38
I am still interested in playing, but I sort of need an opening. I am not very good at spontaneous posts. As you might have noticed.

And I shall not get on again 'till the Monday after Easter, so there is no need to rush!

Happy Easter in advance!!
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: April 02, 2007 11:42
Same to you! Yeah, I am a bit out of the rpging loop, what with school and everything. But I should be posting in everything within the next few days, so check!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email