Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Post Hold onto Hope (keep)
on: January 05, 2007 10:28
This is using my characters Legolas and MIrelwen, but later I might include the twins and Arnarel. MIrelwen is camping out in a small band of trees they found to take shelter in. The trees are very few and most are Evergreens. They are resting before starting south to Gondor, to seek a certain artifact that Elrond wished them to recover. They will need traveling buddies, so jump in where you want. See ooc for more details and chars.

"What is so interesting, mellon nin that you have to seek the topmost branches?" Legolas's voice broke the silence of the dark peaceful night. MIrelwen smiled and looked at the stars, which they had been able to see in their travels thus far.
"I was watching the never changing stars. They are always there when you need them, never having to search them out." She sighed and looked at him, smiling as she did so. HE seated himself beside her, their backs against the tree trunk and their arms wrapped around their legs. He looked at her and whispered," You need not ever worry, I will always be with you, as all of your beloved friends. We are in here." HE pointed to his heart then to hers." Even in the darkest of times, hold onto hope." He looked at her and gave her a reassuring smile. She sighed and looked away, focusing on the stars and the moon, trying not to let her tears fall.
" I know, but you were not there, none of you were. I was alone and no one could change that. I pity those who fall to darkness, take the promises they are given, then turned upon. It happened to me, I wanted to DIE, Legolas." At that she let the tears she had tried for days to hold back. He scooted closer and held her in a warm embrace, not letting go to let her know she was not alone. [/i]Curse the dark creatures in the world, for being so.[i] He continued to hold on until the tears slowed and stopped, but still held on, not wanting to abandon her. They sat there in the silence.
" Legolas, there are no nightly noises. no sound, it is silent." She had whispered the sentence. They both drew their bows, and held their arrows, but did not pull back.

[Edited on 5/1/2007 by Elfalas]

[Edited on 5/2/2007 by Elfalas]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Hold onto Hope (keep)
on: January 05, 2007 11:25
Nethwen Estel was traveling the roads, she was looking for some people that were helping Elrond, and she wanted to join.
She knew one of these elves was her cousin Legolas. "I have not seen him in so long, I am sure he will be surprised at how much I have grown." Nethwen said with a smile. She had been very young when she last saw him, but now she had grown to be a very tall maiden. Her golden hair came down past her shoulders, but it still was not too long.
Everything seemed so still that night and Nethwen didn't like it.
Then her horse Fairshadow suddenly stopped, refusing to go on.
Nethwen dismounted and patted Fairshadows neck. She spoke a few words to Fairshadow then walked away bow in hand.
Then she heard two people speaking. She placed an arrow on the string of her bow, then slowly approached the sounds.
Then she stopped when she could hear the voices clearly.
She smiled when she realized it was Legolas, and another.
Nethwen was about to go over and see them but then an arrow flew over her head.
Nethwen dropped to the ground and rolled out of the way.
Then she got up and stood behind a tree, waiting for the enemies that would come.
But nothing else happened. Nethwen breathed a sigh of relief.
"I wonder who shot that arrow though." Nethwen said. She shrugged and walked out of the forest to greet her cousin.
"Legolas!" Nethwen said, she opened her arms.
Then they both embraced. "I am glad I have found you. I was hoping to be able to help you find this artifact Elrond told me about." Nethwen said. Then she saw the other maiden and smiled at her. "Suilad, I am Nethwen Estel." Nethwen said with a smile.
Thens he recalled the arrow that had been shot at her. "Someone is in the forest, and whoever it was shot an arrow at me!" Nethwen said, she slung her bow over her shoulder. Her deep blue eyes full of concern, for she knew not what they were up against.

(I hope this works, if not I'll edit)
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2007 06:49
Mirelwen looked at her and smiled.
"I am Mirelwen, daughter of Glorfindel. I am glad to have another in our group. Welcome." She looked at Legolas and gave him a questioning look. He just smiled and used his one shoulder shrug.
" I am glaad you could join us, Nethwen. How have you been? You have grown to be a beutiful young maiden. I am pleased to finally be able to see you, though you found us first. tell me, how did you find out, for this was to be a secret quest, not to be known to any but us, Lord Elrond, and a select few." He looked at her as he said this, directly into her eyes.
"Come, we were resting in the trees, if you would join us we would be very pleased. The tree is just this way, the tallest evergreen in these scant trees." She laughed lightly and made her way back to the tree they had chosen earlier. Legolas motioned to Nethwen to follow them, and quickly so that they could not be caught in the open so easily.
" Come, let us hurry so that we may be above our followers. Tell me more once we reach the branches." He took her hand and led her to the tree.
~Stella~
Elemmírë of Varda and Merry\'s Illustrated Supper
Send Message
on: January 06, 2007 10:51
OOC: I hope that you don't mind me jumping in. I posted in the OOC thread.

BIC:

In the darkness, a woman perched high in an evergreen. Her chestnut and olive green eyes were squinted in concentration. One hand rested lightly on a limb, the other hand was rested lightly on the sandalwood handle of her stout sword. All but a strand of fiery hair was pulled away from her angular face. The strand blew into her eyes with a small gust of wind. She removed her hand that held the branch and balanced on the balls of her face as she brushed the strand away.

As a small band of people wandered below her, Rhea tightened her grip upon her sword. She dared not to move not knowing if they were friend or foe.

Below, a small, emaciated, dark haired hobbit lass ran into the sparse forest. Her emerald green eyes were wide and her breath came out in a short, sharp gasps. Terror shook her tiny frame. The green dress she wore was gashed on the side and blood dripped from the wound under the dress. Dirt smudged her tanned face and sticks and foliage littered her hair.

Her right foot wedged into a protruding root. She fell and caught herself with her hands. She looked up at the elves in front of her. “Don’ hurt me. Don’ git near me,” she cried in the familiar Tuckborough lilt that Peregrin Took was famous for having. Behind her, there was a strangle scuttling noise of spiders and above Crebain flew over, blocking the moonlight. Marching could be heard in the distance, as could the horns of the Easterlings and Dunlendings.

The small hobbit, Della Tunnelly, tried to untangle her foot, but nothing seemed to work. More fear came into her eyes as the marching, scuttling and squawking came closer. “Oh, Eru, help me,” she sobbed.

Rhea furrowed her brow as she scanned the woods through the darkness. The woman could not see far, but she knew that fiends were close. She tightened her grasp on the sword and unsheathed it as she jumped from the tree in front of the elves and hobbits. “Evil is approaching,” she said firmly, her jaw was set and a determined look glinted in her eyes.

OOC: Hope that's OK.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2007 11:21
As they made their way to the tree that Legolas had pointed out a strange, small person tripped and fell down in front of them.
Nethwen gasped, she almost knelt down to help her up but then she spoke. "Don, hurt me. Don' git near me,"
"We wouldn't hurt you." Nethwen said, her voice was soft.
"You are wounded, I could help you. I know where to find some healing herbs, and I could wrap that up." Nethwen said, she hated to see anyone in pain, and the fear in the little maiden's eyes was terrible for her to behold.
Then Nethwen knew this was more than just the injury that was frightening her. "Legolas, something is near." Nethwen said. Then she knelt down beside the young hobbit maiden. "What have you seen?" She whispered.
Then a woman jumped down from the tree above. Nethwen jumped back up and moved next to Legolas. Her hand on the hilt of her sword. "Evil is near." The woman said.
Nethwen figured that this woman was probably not an enemy, but she certainly seemed sneaky.
Then suddenly Easterlings and Dunlendings rushed out of the forest.
Nethwen jumped in front of the hobbit and defended her as she lay trapped by the root around her foot.
Nethwen pulled out her sword.
Nethwen's Lothlorien sword was beautiful, it's edge was curved and it was long and shone in the light.

[Edited on 6/1/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
~Stella~
Send Message
on: January 06, 2007 03:48
Della’s face was taught and every muscle was rippling from the strain. Her eyes flick from one side to the other. She looked like a wild animal ensnared in a trap. Her breath was tight and her heart beat fast. A small bead of sweat dripped down her face along with a tear. “I’m fine. It’s nothing,” the hobbit said, her voice quivering. She knew that she was wounded, but Della found it hard to let them help her.

Rhea looked at Nethwen. “Now’s not the time to question,” she snapped. Her hand tightens around the hilt of her sword, so much her knuckles turned white. The female warrior bent her knees and arched her back so that she stood as straight as possible. Energy and adrenaline flowed through her veins and in the darkness, she could see for miles. “There is more then men coming,” she said, as two spiders came into view. “Gurth gothrimlye,” she cried in a roguish voice, “A!” Rhea did a half twirl and parried her sword into the front of the first spider. She pulled the sword out and it fell down dead. She pulled from her belt her pair of two daggers and threw one of them at an Easterling. It hit him in the chest. The dagger did not go in far, but the suddenness of the throw caused him to loose his balance and he fell.

The hobbit bent her head. In the darkness, she worked to untangle her hairy foot. She kicked at it and managed to unstuck it. Hastily, Della stood. Her eyes flicked back and fourth as she looked around the forest and listened to the beasts come closer and closer. Slowly, Della backed away. She turned and scampered to the closest tree. With nimbleness, Della climbed up onto the first branch. The hobbit was useless – she was unarmed and even if she had a weapon, Della could hardly fight, even with her wilderness skills.

A horn blew. The tone was faint, but caused the fiends to stop and turn. One of the men snarls something in a foreign language and the mass of men and spider stomp off. The wounded man pulled the dagger form his chest and threw the dagger down.

Rhea went and picked the dagger up. She sat down and cleaned both that and the sword. The woman stared up at the elves with a wary look. “Now what was that about? Why do you think they stopped? Do you think that the man called Squint-eyed Southerner is behind this? I know he hasn’t been seen in nary a while, but still…” Rhea’s gruff voice drifted off as she cleaned her sword.

Slowly, Della climbed down from the tree. The tattered hem of her green dress caught on the branch and ripped, but she did not care. Timidly, the hobbit came over to the elves and woman. Her head was bowed and her dark, curly locks shielded her thin face and the tears from fear and tiredness. It also hid the pain she had. The wound, though not deep, smarted greatly; it was a painful wound.

Rhea looked at the hobbit and then at the elves. Her jaw was set and she had a look of a wild animal in her eye. Mixed with her wildness, was a smart, sly and steady expression. “I think now’s as good of a time as any to question ‘er,” she said after a time.

OOC: Here’s the link to the character I am speaking of: http://www.tuckborough.net/othermen.html (scroll down about 3/4th’s of the way down)
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 07, 2007 05:14
" Think I agree with you, stranger. Let me find MIrelwen and she can take a look at that wound." HE looked around and his face went white and he uttered a gasp. "She is not here!" Legolas looked all through the trees, but found her no where. what he did find, was not very comforting. He came back to where everyone was holding her weapons and her cloak.
" They took her, she is gone." His voice was barely a whisper as he realized what happened. Legolas looked at Nethwen and the others and questioned them." Have you seen her? Did anyone see them take her? She was wearing a traveling outfit like mine and she has brown hair." He then looked at the others and gave a confused look." Who are you? MIss Hobbit, what happpend to you?" HE bent down to look at her in the eye.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 07, 2007 12:33
Nethwen hadn't even realized Mirelwen was gone.
Nethwen looked at Rhea as she suggested that the Squint-Eyed Southerner was behind the attack. Nethwen shrugged, she wasn't sure about anything right now and her mind raced with thoughts about what had happened to Mirelwen.
"Why would they take her Legolas? Has she done something in the past that they hate her for?" Nethwen asked.
Nethwen watched as Legolas began to question the young hobbit.
Her light blue eyes looked around the area, she kept alert for anymore danger.
~Stella~
Send Message
on: January 07, 2007 01:49
The woman looked up from her work. Her red hair shifted in front of her face, but when she looked down at the sword, it moved away. “Be wary. We do not know where are fiends may be hiding,” Rhea said, closely inspecting her sword.

All the blood had been cleaned from the sword. Nodding slightly, Rhea put the sword back in it’s sheath. The woman took up her bloodied dagger and began to clean it. “I saw nothing but the battle. My mind was on keeping myself alive,” Rhea said in a tone that was quite harsh and sarcastic.

Della shifted her weight. She turned her head so that Legolas could not look into her eyes or see the tears she wept. Slowly, the hobbit sat on the ground. “I’m Della Tunnelly of Tuckborough,” she said. Her voice was tiny and it quivered. Her accent was very pronounced.

“What year would you like to know what happened? A lot of things have happened. But, now, I was running from a small pack of wolf-like creatures with queer lookin’ riders. I never saw beasts like those before. One of ‘em caught me with its weapon. ‘E gave me this cut,” Della explained quietly, “I ment ‘em no harm either.” She shifted and looked at her feet. Biting her lip, Della glanced hastily at Legolas and then back down.

“That’s obvious, is it not why someone would take another person? They want her as ransom for one reason or another. Perhaps, they took her just as a prisoner of battle. Maybe, there is no reason,” Rhea said. She finished cleaning her dagger and put it back in her belt along with the other one.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 07, 2007 05:01
Nethwen glared at Rhea with her blue eyes. She did not like how she was acting. She lifted her chin and did not speak to her for she knew she would only say angry words.
Then she turned to Della. "Why don't you let me help you with that cut." Nethwen said, she smiled slightly.
Then she knelt down beside her, but looked up at Legolas. "Should we search for her once I am done helping her?" Nethwen asked. She knew that Mirelwen would have to be found as soon as possible.
Then she looked at Rhea, she wouldn't have spoken to her unless it was really important. "Maybe you two should go and look for her. She must be in great danger. I will stay here with Della. Do you have any objections?" Nethwen suggested.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2007 10:18
"Nethwen, I would trust us to go and look for her, let the woman stay with the Hobbit. i know you better and therefore trust you to actually help me look for her." He whispered this so low only an Elf could hear. His eyes pleaded with her,and his mind was racing, thinking why they took her. He thought a good reason was the fact that she had been imprisoned not too long ago in Mordor. The only thing he was sure of was that MIrelwen was in grave danger, for she had a fiery spirit and did not subject to any kind of harsh treatment so easily.
" Every minute we waste here, Nethwen, our time grows short to find her and the trail cold. we need to set out immediately, all of us. I have some of Lord Elrond's spirit replenisher, we can give it to Della and pack the wounds with Athelas." He spoke this a little louder, but not much.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~*********~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mirelwen was bound and gagged, tied to one of the foul creatures that captured her. She was unconscious at the time and enjoyed the soothing darkness that enveloped hr mind and body. She did not wish to awaken, knowing from experience it would go steadily downhill as long as she was conscious, but when oblivious to the world, as she was now, they left her alone. She would be praying to the Valar in the days to come to be spared of the torture that awaited her once awake from the comforting darkness.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2007 12:19
Nethwen nodded and picked up her bow and slung it over her shoulder. "Let's go." Nethwen said determindly.

They set off as soon as everyone was ready. Nethwen kept a watchful eye on Rhea, she didn't like her very much, she seemed too sure of herself. Nethwen stayed close to Legolas and kept an eye on the trail before them.
Then she whispered so only he would hear. "Why did they take her Legolas? She was what they were after wasn't she?" Nethwen asked. It was hard to keep secrets from elves.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2007 11:08
" I do not know, Nethwen. It could be that they are working with the orcs of Mordor, from whom she escaped not too long ago, for us, or it could be that the slave catchers in Harad sent some after her, from whom she also escaped. Maybe they somehow got word of our expedition and are looking to stop it. Maybe it is something from my past and they are getting to me through my weak point." He looked at her and smiled awkwardly, looking at the ground. Why did they have to take her, why not me? She has had this happen many times, to many!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~********~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mirelwen was horrified at what she saw when she awakened. All these men, and one had a whip and was coming at her. Breathe in deeply, hold as struck, exhale, repeat. Why me? Why is it always me? Do the Valar enjoy my misery, and my suffering? All these things went through her mind as they got her up and secured her, so she would not get away. She could no longer think about anything else, only breathing and the pain as the whip flew through the air and found mark on her back, and curled around her side, licking the flesh and they taunted her as they continued. " Filthy creature. You with the deformities, and you are nothing, no good. Worthless." The words held a bite almost as bad as the whip, which had sped up, after the first became tired. She tried not to cry out, but lost control and uttered the yelp of a whipped dog whom had been treated cruelly all his life, then one day took more than it could it handle. " What was that, did you say more? Or are you giving in that easily." They sneered into her face. One grabbed a cruel looking knife and strode with a swagger over to her." Those ears of yours look painful, would you like me to trim them for you?" He held the knife to her ear and put a little scratch on both as he did so. His knife went no further, as he now had an arrow in him." He said she was to be unspoiled, no severe wounds! we can however have some fun with her." The leader of the group smiled evilly to her as she blacked out and slipped into the only comfort that she got in these times of despair.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2007 02:08
(Is anyone going to respond? Please do not forget about me!)
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2007 02:18
(sorry, I was waiting for Stella to respond)

Nethwen sighed. "We had better hurry, she is in great danger, if what you say is true." Nethwen said. Then she raced ahead to look for tracks.

(didn't have much time and I'm waiting for Stella to post, don't want to leave her behind)
~Stella~
Send Message
on: February 04, 2007 01:41
OOC: Sorry for not posting! Been super busy with school and stuff!

BIC: Rhea glared back at Nethwen. Her olive eyes glinted with distrust. She cocked her head to one side. She smirked slightly when the elf did not say anything.

Della looked fearfully at Nethwen. “Ummm…” she began and stopped, “All right.” She looked at Legolas and cowered slightly. She bowed her head and tried to hide from the elf.

“I am not staying with half-ling! I am no watcher,” Rhea interjected. Her jaw set and her eyes hardened. “I will come with you and so with hobbit. Does that suit you?” She crossed her arms over her chest.

Hearing no interjections, Rhea started forward with the others. Della hung back. She stared forlornly at the pale haired elf and then trotted onwards. Her eyes were cast low.

A small scream came from her lips. A hideous beast jumped in front of her and grabbed her. She kicked and bit, Screeching, the fiend dropped her and then an evil look came into his eye. He stripped her of her top shirt, leaving the thin under-shirt on. He raised the staff he held and hit her over the back. Della whimpered but said naught a word. The fiend took up a whip that lay upon the ground. He swung it back and brought it forward upon her back, turning the undershirt into shards of shirt. Blood poured from the gash and trickled down and around old, white, garish scars made surely from belt lashings. The fiend reached again to hit her, but stopped as an elf suddenly jumped from the trees and pointed his sword into the beast. “I wouldn’t do that,” Jastethlien said, sticking the sword deep into the beast and pulling out. Jastethlien cleaned his sword off and put it away. “You human and you fair-haired elf,” he said,” Come with me and help me check for any other fiends. You all, look after her.” The elf trudged hastily into the woods along with Rhea.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2007 02:08
(I'm the one that's supposed to stay behin right)

Nethwen looked at this other elf with surprise.
Then when he told her to stay behind she was about to object but shut her mouth and walked over to Della.

Once the others had gone off Nethwen walked about, not letting Della out of her sight, and found some herbs.
She had brought some herbs with her but she needed some others.

After gathering the herbs she needed she ripped some cloth from her cloak and soaked it in water.
"Hold still." Nethwen whispered. She gently rubbed the wounds on her back with the rag.
Nethwen frowned at the deep gashes that were revealed once the blood was washed away.

Then Nethwen applied some herbs to the wounds and wrapped her in body with cloth.
"There, do you feel better?" Nethwen asked.
Nethwen was very sad that this had to happen to such a young hobbit, why did they seem to be attacking her all the time? Two elves and a woman had been present as well, why did he choose her?
"Tell me Della, have you done anything to provoke such evil to attack you in this manner?" Nethwen asked.

After a long while of sitting about Nethwen began to worry about her cousin and the others, although she worried more about Legolas.
Nethwen stood and looked around, her bow in hand.
"I wonder where they could be?" Nethwen wondered aloud.
Then her eyes caught something hanging on the twig of a bush.
Nethwen walked over and pulled a piece of cloth off the twig.
"This is the material that Mirelwen had for her cloak, they must have taken this path." Nethwen said excitedly.
She would have gone off to find her but she remembered that she had to take care of Della.
Nethwen sighed sadly, there was nothing she could so.
Nethwen walked over and sat down sadly, she continued to look at the piece of cloth in her hand as if it would show her which way the creatures went.

(I thought maybe while you guys were off finding creatures that maybe Nethwen could find the baddies campsite where Mirelwen is, hope that's alright)
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2007 03:09
That is fine with me, Elfmaiden.

Legolas was walking, but he was concerned for MIrelwen. HE knew how stubborn she could be and if she was with those creatures, then she would be in bad shape when they found her. HE sighed and stopped, sensing a being up ahead. He got his bow wout and knocked and arrow, then shot. They all heard and orc let out a yell, and they readied themselves for more, but none came.

Mirelwen gasped for air as her airway was cut off and the man sneered into her face. "You think you run, did ye? I'll teach yer a lessn!" HE held her and tied her back to the tree, then retrieved the whip. "No,please." HEr voice, nothing more than a broken whisper, was filled with dispair. As he hit her repeatedly, she felt herself let go, slipping into the comfort of the dark.

as the others walked, they went back to where Nethwen and Della was. They had met more, but quickly disposed of them. Legolas had fought and killed as if it was an everyday thing. HE showed no emotions any longer and he at last dispaired, thinking of how he would tell Lord Glorfindel how he had lost her.
~Stella~
Send Message
on: February 19, 2007 01:42
Jastethlien frowned at Nethwen. “Objecting in a time like this is not the proper thing,” he said to her as he left with Rhea and Legolas. He sniffed the air and pointed to his left. The elf trudged silently across the lands. His hand was on the hilt of his handle. Every once in awhile, Jastethlien would stop and touch the ground with the tips of his long, slender fingers.

Della opened her eyes. Pain filled them. She bit her lip, which started to quiver. Memories of her past filled her mind. Terror from her past consumed the tiny body. She remembered the fear she felt every day and the whippings she had received. She had hoped never to have to explore that era of her life again.

When Nethwen told her to keep still, Della did what she was told. She feared being harmed more if she even breathed. Della let the elf do her work without saying anything, but when asked if it felt better, she nodded and whispered, “Yes.” She did not move. Her back hurt and she was so tired. Slightly, she shrugged and then reluctantly, shook her head. “No,” she replied quietly.

Dusk steadily grew around him and then there was no path to follow. ‘I am not sure which way they went,” he admits to them.

Rhea crossed her arms over her chest. “Why do you need me,” she asked. Rhea looked from Legolas to Jastethlien as the woman waited for an answer. “You seem to have everything under control,” Rhea commented sarcastically.

Suddenly, an arrow flew through the air and stuck in her cloak, but it did not pierce her skin. She raised her bow and hastily loaded it. The woman fired towards their hidden enemy.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2007 03:40
Nethwen smiled at the path before her, but then frowned and looked back at Della.
"I think my friend has been taken this way. I must go and help her but I cannot leave you, will you be alright if you come with me?" Nethwen asked.

Soon the two of them were stealthly walking down a path that seemed to be barely used.
Nethwen continued to find traces of people coming down this way.
Then she stopped, she heard the crack of a whip.
"Stay here. Keep yourself well hidden." Nethwen whispered to Della.

Then she slipped a little closer to the enemy.
She could see that Mirelwen was unconscious, and that worried Nethwen.
"I have to get to her." Nethwen whispered, but that seemed impossible at that point.
Then someone grabbed her from behind.
Nethwen stifled a scream and looked back at who had grabbed her. He was one of the evil men.
Nethwen punched the man and he fell back, surprised at how strong she was. Nethwen smiled, she had learned from the best.

The man stood again though, and his friends had over heard the fighting.
Nethwen covered herself with her Elven cloak and slipped into the darkness where they wouldn't see her.
She ran as fast as she could to find Della, when she came upon her she covered Della's mouth so she wouldn't scream.
"We have to get out of here, they found me." Nethwen whispered.
She could hear the men crashing through the brush, trying to find her.
Nethwen pulled Della to her feet then ran as fast as she could.

When they came to the clearing they had been at before Nethwen could still here the men following them.
"Find a safe place to hide Della, I don't want you to get hurt again." Nethwen said.
When the men came into the clearing they smiled to see that Nethwen was alone, they didn't realize that she was a force to be reckoned with.
They lunged at her but she cut them down with one stroke of her elven sword.

At one point one of the men spotted Della, they ran at her but Nethwen charged after the man and stabbed him in the back.
But then she felt a terrible pain in her back, she looked down and she could see blood soaking the front of her tunic.
She heard an evil laughter from behind her then felt another terrible pain as the man pulled out the sword.
She let out a loud scream from the pain, the whole sky seemed to turn a dark red.
"Della! Find Legolas!" Nethwen cried with her last few breaths.
Then she fell to her knees, and then she felt herself fall forward.

(I'm sorry to have to do this to my character, I promise she's not dead. I know we already have one person in trouble but I'm kinda busy so I thought I'd leave her in a wounded state until I come back, I promise I'll be back soon, take care of her.)

(can you go and look at the ooc Elfalas? I just posted something in there)

[Edited on 20/2/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2007 10:37
Legolas heard a scream and he took off running for the where he thought it came from. When he came to the clearing, he saw Nethwen laying on the ground, the front of her tunic soaked in blood. He dropped to his knees and took off his pack, taking out some bandages and athelas leaves. He workd quickly, taking time to pack the wound with athelas after he stopped the bleeding.

He then wrapped bandages around her torso, making sure they were tight enough. The nhe went down the path, he thought that was where she was coming from, by the looks of the men laying dead all around him and the footprints. He went down cautiously, bow drawn, arrow in place. He heard a whip crack and a whimper from someone. It sounded almost inhuman, like a trapped animal with no way out, waiting to die.

He let the arrow fly, another following after it. Two men fell dead and many others. Legoals came out of the wooded area and continued shooting, until the last man was gone. He severed the ropes holding Mirelwen to the tree and she fell on him, not able to support herself. He picked her limp body up, walking as fast as he could up the embankment to the clearing where Nethwen was. He saw Della by Nethwen's side and was glad someone was with her.

Mirewlen was unresponive, her back bleeding freely allover his shirt. Her body was bruised and her shirt ripped to shreds from the whip. He flenched visibly when his hand brushed lightly over the lines on her back. Legolas took care of her wounds and wrapped bandages over her back. her put her cloak over her and left hr alone, sitting by her, waiting on the others to return.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2007 02:53
Nethwen felt warmth enter her body again.
The darkness that seemed to surround her slowly drifted away, like fog.
Nethwen still felt too weak to open her eyes or respond to the sounds she heard around her, but she had come back from the verge of death. She felt as if she was now standing just before the door back home, once her strength returned she knew she could step through the doorway and back into the land of the living.

Then Nethwen felt a terrible pain shoot through her body, rattling every bone she had.
Nethwen felt the darkness returning, it was pushing her away from the warmth of the world she knew and into the darkness of another.
No, I want to go home! Nethwen cried in agony.
It took much of her energy to speak, and then she fell back into silence.
~Stella~
Send Message
on: February 24, 2007 12:29
OOC: I am sorry, I have to leave this rp - my life is hectic. Really I am sorry!!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email