Register

Author Topic:
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
Post Taur-e-Ndaedelos OoC
on: January 16, 2007 08:30
Hello and welcome to my latest RP!

Taur-e-Ndaedelos is set in the forest of Mirkwood (as it is later known) and begins before Sauron, as the Necromancer, takes up residence in Dol Guldur. It will continue till the Necromancer first enters the Wood and on after that, showing how the wood-elves' beloved forest has changed. There will not be danger at first, but you can count on it as the thread progresses. Orcs, giant spiders, and things of a less savoury sort will be roaming the enshadowed woodland, making every day life very difficult. Where it ends, no one yet knows. But, that's half the fun of it!

This is not a scripted RP, but I don't want random orc attacks or battles that wouldn't make any sense in that particular part of the thread popping up. In other words, let's not have half-a-million goblins spring out of nowhere to attack a party of five. Or, that party of five, being invincible and killing every orc in the battle. It just wouldn't happen. So, yes, let's keep things as realistic as possible.

And, on that note, I would appreciate longer posts with some thought put in them. No one-liners or one, short paragraph to a post, please.

Now that I've gotten the basics down, let's continue. This is the place to post characters, plot ideas, discuss possible character histories and familiarities (IE. how they may know someone else in the group), etc. If there's to be anything huge that will effect the plot (such as a relatively large upcoming battle or something to the effect), I'll announce it here.

Thanks for looking and I hope you decide to join the thread!
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Taur-e-Ndaedelos OoC
on: January 16, 2007 11:57
Hey! I was wondering if I could join with my character, Durhen?
He was born and raised in Mirkwood and is still a fairly young elf. How his history played out might be worked into the story, his parents were killed in an orc raid (which, in this case, could happen during the story) and so he ended up becoming adopted by one of Thuraduil's advisors.
He works as a stable boy in the palaces, did so all of his life. And has his own horse which he calls 'Wind-Chaser' It is not like a big...noble night, valiant steed, sort of thing, just a good bond with the creature.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: January 16, 2007 12:33
Hmmm...this seems interesting, Hathien. I don't know if any of my current characters will suit what you are looking for, but take a browse and let me know if any of them strike your fancy. Otherwise, I can create a new one depending on exactly what you want. Let me know either way.
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Iri
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2007 07:24
Indeed this does look interesting. Ditto what Din said. If you don't mind my joining you could PM me of what you are exactly looking for and I can create a character specifically for your RP.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: January 18, 2007 05:13
I put in a first post, Hath. I hope that it works for the thread, and if not, I will change it as you see fit.
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2007 07:34
Alright, everyone. I'm sorry it's taken me awhile to put a post here. I've been scattered all over the place lately.

Anyway, everyone's introductory posts are wonderful! I'm glad Durhen's history can be woven in to the plot in someway -- that adds a great amount of interest! And, Din, lovely idea! I like the forboding sense Narluin brings to the thread, and how she feels the threat even before those who live in Mirkwood do. Yep, I like it. Excellent character developement, everybody!

I'd be overjoyed to have you join us, Iri! I'll send off a PM after this post. And, I'm glad you find my thread interesting!

I do believe we've enough members to continue the thread along now, once Iri posts. So, I'll see if I can get a Hithferiel post up within the next couple of days.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: January 19, 2007 12:51
I'm glad things are going well, but just a little sidenote that I won't be able to post until next Tuesday (probably) because I won't be able to have access to a comp until then. This is really going to be fun!
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2007 12:06
This does sound like it is going to be a interesting thread.

For char that i already have Bain coule be put in mirkwood at that time. Time line wise it would be before she meets the other char. in other threads.

What do you think.

I could try a new one if you insist.
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2007 05:10
You're more than welcome to join Bain, tawar.

And, as a sidenote, Iri will probably not be posting for a couple of days. So, yep, let's hold the thread for her, if no one minds. I'd really rather we not get too far along before she brings her character in. After Iri (and tawar) posts, then I'll get a post up myself. Also, I'm going to tell everyone in advance that I'll be posting mainly during the week, as I'm less apt to get online on the weekends.

Lovely posts so far, though, friends!
Iri
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2007 02:17
I'm back sooner that I figured as I said, can't stay away too long.

My character has been posted in the database. Háthien gave me an idea of what she wanted and I tried to fit it. So I will be posting by the end of the night
Thanks for waiting on me folks, greatly appreciated.
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2007 08:11
I'm still around, folks. Just so everyone knows. I'm sorry I haven't posted lately, but I've been a bit preoccupied with RL issues. The end of my senior year's approaching and I've got all sorts of things to do. That's no excuse, I know. So my apologies will have to suffice.

Look for a post from me tomorrow. And, in the meantime, you're all welcome to post as often as you've time for. Don't let me hold anyone up.
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2007 09:59
Oh dear, looks like life's been a little busy lately! I'm sorry I've neglected my threads here on CoE and apologize to everyone in this thread and over in Dinenlasse's. It appears that I won't be able to post too frequently IC for a while, since senior year's really starting to get hectic! And, I've got my novel I'm writing. Doesn't leave too much time anymore. For which I am very sorry! I won't give an exact time that I expect things to calm down, but I hope it will be soon! *is dying from sheer exhaustion*

Again, I'm sorry, everyone! Hopefully we can get this active at a later date. Thanks for understanding!
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: February 13, 2007 11:26
Well, we can hope to hear from you whenever. No worries!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email