Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
michele
Council Member
Send Message
Post In the beginning, who created CoE?
on: July 15, 2007 09:23
Just wandering about the origins of our favorite LOTR site. Who created it, and what prompted them to do so? Where are they from (in the world)?
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
Post RE: In the beginning, who created CoE?
on: July 16, 2007 09:56
'twas our lady, Rivka, the once and future El Supremo of this site, Michele.

Rivka, would you like to give this gal the history behind CoE?
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2007 09:57
Hi Micha

Rivka, owner and lead Admin, formulated the idea in December of 2001. In January of 2002 she asked Hermitt; then Lozza, M, and Zoe to join the team as Admins to help create the content, design and community.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: In the beginning, who created CoE?
on: December 29, 2012 11:31
Rivka, thank you for giving all of us a place to call Home.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: In the beginning, who created CoE?
on: December 30, 2012 12:10
Yes, thank you Rivka. I believe it is too often we forget those who decided to create something as huge as this that many people have came to enjoy!
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
Vilyanon
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you too, Rivka. This site has so many different things, but such coherence and unity. Good job!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost. The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
4EVERELVISH
Council Member
Send Message
yes, thanks for giving us Tolkien fans a place to be ourselves!
''For an eternity I have waited for you, and now another eternity I must spend with my heart whispering your name.''
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2017 10:39
Rosearialelven said:Hi Micha

Rivka, owner and lead Admin, formulated the idea in December of 2001. In January of 2002 she asked Hermitt; then Lozza, M, and Zoe to join the team as Admins to help create the content, design and community.

Wish they would give this site some attention now.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
If wishes were fishes we'd all be rich eh? Or some such fatuous homily. Perhaps you'd like to do some research into what it takes to set up and maintain such an enormous resource Arveleg. No? Meanwhile the rest of us are grateful for what we have. Check out the articles in Elrond's Library, or the languages section. You may not have realised this Arveleg but the site is not just visited by members. Far more people use the site than you know, so your quibbles about access pale into insignificance. And no, this is not just another 'boilerplate' response.

In the words of Douglas Adams -
"Normal service will be resumed shortly. Meanwhile tea and biscuits will be served. Please stay in your seats. Stay in your seats!"
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
tarcolan said:Far more people use the site than you know, so your quibbles about access pale into insignificance.

Got it.

And to the post after this one....

Got it.

(guess you got to use the power you do have somehow )

[Edited on 03/23/2017 by Arveleg]
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
Arveleg, it seems you are intent on picking a fight by posting negative things in old threads and repeating the same things over and over.

Regardless of the issues you have with this site or the way we deal with things, I will make this as clear as possible:
- you have made your gripes known;
- we have heard them;
- we are trying to deal with the issues you raised and many others as best as we can, before and now.

If you decide that's not enough to satisfy you, by all means. But as moderator of the newbies forum I'm not allowing such discussions and tone to go on in these forums. They have no business here whatsoever and do not contribute to a constructive debate or in making this a pleasant place for people and newbies to come. We welcome any feedback and suggestions that help to keep this a great place (if posted in the right forum/thread), but we will not tolerate negative and rude behaviour or trolling.

I am issuing you a formal warning. Any more posts about these issues in the inappropriate forums, or any more of the fight-picking attitude and language anywhere on this site (= trolling), will result in you being banned, as per site rules.
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email