Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
M
Queen of Orc Killers
Send Message
Post Don't be ungreatful - Respect is a virtue!
on: January 02, 2003 08:05
It's been a great year here at CoE. We've grown and gotten better with the help of all our members and staff.

Rivka has done a particular amazing job adding features and customizing and recoding things to suit our neads. She's made things from scratch and asks not very much in retun.

Recently she announced that the site would be experienceing some problems due to the fact that we were moving to a new server. Maybe you don't relize how much work this entails but I can tell you it wasn't easy and she gave up her christmas to do it.

Please remember that we all work very hard and Rivka doubly so. So please don'e pm or email her endlessly about little bugs or errors. There are threads for you to report problems in. Also don't think she can fix ten things at once. For those of you who are not technical please understand that some of this stuff takes hours and hours of actual hand coding for one small problem and Rivka gives up a lot of her time to make things run smoothly here.

We appreciate your compliments, suggestions and bug regports just give us a chance to make things right before jumping all over one of us (especially R!)

We love you, never forget that. We're doing the best we can!

:love:
Hathaldir
Ent Enthusiast
Send Message
Post RE: Don't be ungreatful - Respect is a virtue!
on: January 03, 2003 08:48
*starts a chorus*
For she's a jolly good fellow,
for she's a jolly good fellow,
for she's a jolly good feeeeeellow!
That nobody can deny!

Personally R, I just can't believe how much this site has grown and how much has been added and improved, and thought up. :love: *hug* :love:
Happy_Hobbit
Huggable Hobbit
Send Message
on: January 04, 2003 08:11
Respect . . . you have mine in bucket loads, from someone who is often online probably more than I should be, I know just how many hours Rivka works here. And believe me when I say its heaps.

It must seem that we are always griping about the problems we encounter and yes perhaps many are not that important, but for my part I just want to see the site running at its very best.

No Critisism is meant ever. I truely appreciate all the hard work the Admins and Mods do. I love the site and am proud to be part of it.
Rivka
Frodo Fanatic and Head Oligarch
Send Message
on: January 04, 2003 12:12
It must seem that we are always griping about the problems we encounter and yes perhaps many are not that important, but for my part I just want to see the site running at its very best.

I generally don't mind one or two gripes from one person. It's when I get 10 from a single person, or 10 about the same thing from several people that I start to get huffy. It also gets a little frustrating when the people who complain think that the problem that they're bringing up is the end of the world -- yes, I know that the problems may be frustrating, but...I warned everyone that the server move would cause problems and that it would take a little time for everything to settle in. I need people to be patient and good-humored during this time period, and try to keep in mind that there is only one of me

I do sincerely care when something is not working on the site, and am trying my best to fix everything as quickly as possible. I feel it just as much as you do when something doesn't work or the server goes down. You may be stressed because something isn't working -- I get stressed because I've got over 3000 people expecting me to get the site up and running and everything working as quickly as possible. That's a lot of responsibility and stress added onto my already full day of work I'm not saying all this to be complaining or whiny -- I'm just saying it to ask everyone to have a little compassion when making complaints or pointing out problems, and to be a little understanding if I seem a little snippy or abrupt during this adjustment period. I love CoE just as much as everyone else, and want it to be working perfectly -- and trust me, I'm doing everything within my power to make it so.
"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
Scothia
CoE Elder Sister
Send Message
on: January 04, 2003 12:21
Rivka, can your PMs be filtered so that you only receive them from certain people, like Mods and Admins? Then everybody and their little dog too wouldn't be descending on you about a down server or whatever.

People really do have to start using the proper forum for input instead of PMs.

BTW, you're the wind beneath all our wings here. :heart:
pipsqueak
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 04, 2003 12:25
I'm doing everything within my power to make it so.

*dubs Rivka a valar*
Happy_Hobbit
Huggable Hobbit
Send Message
on: January 04, 2003 03:16
I love CoE just as much as everyone else, and want it to be working perfectly -- and trust me, I'm doing everything within my power to make it so.

Theres no doubting that Rivka, you are our inspiration.

Its what binds me to CoE. theres nowhere else quite like this place, and its YOU Rivka that makes it all possible.

*dubs Rivka a valar*
agrees wholeheartedly with pipsqueak.
Veaglarwen
Tech Admin & Co-Themer
Send Message
on: January 12, 2003 06:59
Another thing I think people should know is that there ARE 3000 people on this site now, and more than likely, an admin or mod or RIVKA already knows there's problems with things being slow, so everyone posting messages in the first place is a bit redundant. Perhaps a daily or every-other-daily update on the front page would be helpful with the traffic of PMs and repetative threads saying "taking ages to load" "slow as a turtle". Sometimes, if its hidden in a thread a few sections deep, people might not take the time to read what the news is on the site and they just post. anyway...also have to say what the others have said...you (Rivka) are doing an excellent job! I've had a mishap with memory before and I KNOW its one of the biggets pains in the rear possible (well...one of the biggest anyway)...and I've never had more than 10 people relying on me at once.

Gosh I'm awful as spelling tonight.
KeeperofVilya
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2003 08:45
Rivka, you deserve more respect than any of us could ever give ! Thos eof us who love this site are so completly addicted to it (like I am) we know we would never have this without your hard work and leadership ! Thanks thanks thanks ! ! *gives Rivka the biggest hug and agrees she is as great as the Valar*

:love::love::heart::love::heart::love::heart::love::heart::love::heart:
Lady-Arwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 26, 2003 09:45
Rivka is an incredible person! I definitley owe to her that I understand things so well around here!

An all around great thanks to all this wonderful staff! This site is great and is incredibly well maintained! You guys are great! I'll try to be as respectful as I possibly can! :heart:

And you ALL deserve to be Valar
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email