Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
suncrafter
Council Member
Send Message
Post Hypothetical Question...
on: September 28, 2007 06:56
Hypothetically speaking - lets say you have an opportunity to win $1,000,000 in a contest. To win - you must choose from one of the following five options:

"Punch" option ---- You will be punched in the face, just once, by a big fat man. The punch is guaranteed not to be fatal nor to cause brain damage, but you will likely sustain a nasty injury such as a split lip, black eye or perhaps even a broken nose. After being punched - you will be given the $1,000,000!

"Bomb" option ---- Nothing will happen to you. However, you will start the countdown on a huge bomb that is hidden deep inside the center of the Earth. The bomb is large enough that, when detonated, it will cause devastating earth quakes and floods all over the planet. The bomb is completely undetectable and can not be disarmed. However it will not detonate until exactly 5,000 years in the future. As soon as the countdown has started - you will be given the $1,000,000!

"Insults" option ---- Twenty people will shout terrible insults and obscenities at you for one full hour. These people will not come into physical contact with you nor harm you, but they will say all sorts of horrible and upsetting things to you. After one full hour of intense verbal abuse - you will be given the $1,000,000!

"Magic" option ---- Your personality and ethical convictions will be painlessly altered in some unknown way by a magic spell. The alteration will be instantaneous and will not affect your memory, cause brain damage nor result in any physical harm of any kind. After the alteration - you will be given the $1,000,000!

"Nothing" option ---- None of the above. Nothing happens to you or anyone else, but you will NOT be given any money.

Which option would you choose first? Second? Third? Etc...???

Please list them like so ... (with "1" listed as your first choice, "2" as your next choice, and so on...)

1 - option name
2 - option name
3 - option name
4 - option name
5 - option name
Rhysenn
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Hypothetical Question...
on: September 29, 2007 05:52
1 - insult
2 - punch
3 - nothing
4 - magic
5 - bomb

The insults might upset you, but i'd think that you could just get over it. FOr $1 million it seems like a small price to pay. The punch in the face would come second, but i think the other choices wouldn't be worth the money.
frodofan14
CoE Volunteer & Realm Head of Manwë Súlimo
Send Message
on: October 25, 2007 11:01
insult definetly. whats the worst they could say?
bowman
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 25, 2007 02:25
1 - insult
2 - punch
3 - bomb
4 - nothing
5 - magic
cirdaneth
Books Admin & Books Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: October 25, 2007 09:54
This thread puzzles me. Why do we need questions like this? ... focussing on greed and sadism. It's totally outside the spirit of Tolkien. :nono: *scratches head*
nightfairy
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2007 02:44
This thread puzzles me. Why do we need questions like this? ... focussing on greed and sadism. It's totally outside the spirit of Tolkien. :nono: *scratches head*
:rolleyes: I fully agree, cirdaneth.

Even more shocking that there are actually people considering the 'bomb option'! :nono:

hugs
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
on: October 26, 2007 03:01
I agree. This is very negative. Suncrafter, why do we have to have such awful options? Why this hypothetical question? To see what people are willing to put up with or do for money? We already know there is a dark side to humanity. Do you think this will better people? Unless you can come with a decent reason, this thread is going away.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email