Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
alexandre
Council Member
Send Message
Post Grima: Hero or Villain?
on: October 27, 2007 08:14
I think Grima died as an heros because he had seen that he did an error when he helped Sarouman. But he recognized it, killed Sarouman and was free, not a long time, and died as a rohirrim.

<>

[Edited on 12/11/2007 by LinweSingollo]
frodofan14
CoE Volunteer & Realm Head of Manwë Súlimo
Send Message
Post RE: Grima: Hero or Villain?
on: November 03, 2007 09:01
yes he did!!!!!!!! he died today :cry: i really love him. i dont know why everyone hates him.
CrazyInsaneJess
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 03, 2007 11:35
I have to agree with the initial poster, but other than that, he is a rather pathetic person... he could have redeemed himself in Rohan, I believe Theoden gave him the chance... tsk. He is one to pity, not love.
cirdaneth
Books Admin & Books Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: November 04, 2007 04:43
Don't forget that Grima died differently in the books than in the movie. He did kill Saruman first and then was shot down by a group of hobbits ... but if you want to talk about that you'll need to put a thread in the Books Forum.
LinweSingollo
Movies & Casting Mod, Resident Hobbit & Frodo's Footstool
Send Message
on: November 04, 2007 10:28
... but if you want to talk about that you'll need to put a thread in the Books Forum.

You're shameless, cirdaneth...
"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
cirdaneth
Books Admin & Books Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: November 07, 2007 08:08
Oh shame :blush: ...on... :nono: ... me... :cry:
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2007 01:30
I've never been fond of Grima...the browless wonder...he just gives me the creeps. :twitch:
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
LimielofGondolin
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 09, 2007 06:28
I have to agree with you there Elfmaiden. I don't think Peter ever saw him as a heart throb. :twitch: He is a very pathetic charectar. His last stand in the movie I think was driven by hate and maybe even a little bit of jealousy of Sauraman. What do you guys think? What were his motives in killing Sauraman in the movie?
frodofan14
Send Message
on: November 11, 2007 03:53
I don't think Peter ever saw him as a heart throb. :twitch: He is a very pathetic charectar

he is a heartthrob to me and hes NOT PATETIC
rcorporon
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 13, 2007 06:34
In the movie he was just a deceitful man with no noble intentions. He deserved to be kicked out of his country.

He killed Sauraman in the movie (in a scene that I didn't enjoy very much) for reasons that seemed mixed to me. It's easy to think that it was for a noble reason, but I don't think that it was. It wasn't in line with his character up to that point.
Nimthill
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 14, 2007 01:38
Neither Hero nor Villain: He's a victim. Saruman, and through him Sauron, had corrupted him and thus led him down the path he walked.
Tcherepin
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 26, 2007 08:46
I think Grima is a complicated person, but not exactly a "hero", you know? He sold out his peple to try to get what he wanted....Eowyn, when he knew he couldn't get her on his own.

Not exactly a stellar thing to do. So in a way, his love for Eowyn got twisted....or was it love, or posession? Hard to tell.

As for why did in Saruman at the end well....beat on a dog long enough, promise a dog rewards long enough and not deliver them, and sooner or later the dog will bite you.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2007 09:41
I agree...he's confusing and just creepy...I'm sorry to Grima fans out there, but he's just not the noble type, I think. I don't think he'd do anything unless he was to get something out of it, obviously.

(probably just stating the obvious here...sorry) ^^;
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Rulea
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2007 05:10
I have mixed feelings on Grima. I think he was more of a hero in the end because Frodo was addressed his desires to be free of Saruman and that he was bold enough to kill his master. Such a pity though that the hobbits killed him. :cry:
frodofan14
Send Message
on: December 05, 2007 10:35
YES!!!!!!!! SOMEONE AGREES THAT HE IS A HERO!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU RULEA!!!!!!!! sorry if we arent supposed to put stuff in caps. *whispers "thank you!!!!*
silivra
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 03, 2008 11:39
I didn't like Grima's character and I still don't at the moment. I am sorry to disppoint you, but I think he is rather a villain.
LOTR_obsessed_loony
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2008 04:16
My opinion is that Grima was a bit villianous but he still had some good in him. A bit like Gollum/Smeagol, but not as... extreme. I was pretty sad when he got killed cause he could have been really good, he just never got the chance. (Again, quite like Gollum/Smeagol. Anyone else think there's a lot of similarities between those two? Or is it three?)
"...Though thereafter we may walk in the shadows, I will not go forth as a thief in the night." – Boromir, FotR, The Ring Goes South Image Image Image Image Image
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email