Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
eyowen_the_queen
Council Member
Send Message
Post OOC - Love's Long Journey
on: January 18, 2008 12:49
Okay, as the thread title says, this is the OOC for Love's Long journey. (It's in TR, for those who want to see it before showing interest in joining)
EstelwenJesusFreak and I came up with this idea, so the credit goes as much to her as to me.
Our idea is that her char. (Findoilas) and mine (Claurwen) meet together and journey on to Lothlorien. Others are welcome, as long as you really fit into the story (We'll try our best to make you fit). I'd like to see a little bit of your charecters before you post, if that's okay.
We really need some other charecters, not just elven girls. Dwarves, Men (the race) and any others you can think of are welcome. Please - not too many Mary-Sues. One to make the story funny would be almost to much, but we *might* could make it work.
One charecter we do need is someone to play Claurwen's brother. (He'd have to be half-elven but choses to stay an elf... and handsome and brave... a true prince charming )
Also, a story's not that good with out a bad charecter. It's up to you'll as to who that will be. Goblins? Orks? Sauron? A 'bad' elf? An elven girl who want's to marry said prince charming? A grumpy dwarf grandfather? I leave that up to you all.
I guess that's all for now. If you have any other questions or suggestions, you can PM me or post them here. Thanks!
Eyowen
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: OOC - Love's Long Journey
on: January 19, 2008 08:44
I would gladly consider joining this RPG if you would have me. I'd be using my elven character: Alagos. He is elven, tall, and golden-haired. He is gentle but he has a temper (though he's careful to control it). If you ahve any more questions about my character you can PM me or check int he database. He is under: Alagos (Storm)

eyowen_the_queen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2008 09:32
He sounds fine! Note - my charecter, Claurwen, is only half elven . When ever you want to post, go right ahead! If you'd like to talk more, feel free to PM me.
Eyowen
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2008 07:05
Hello, I am somewhat interested in your rpg, but am not too sure which character would fit best... uh I think Anelthia may work ... she as well as my other characters are in the database. So take a look if you'd like, and if you would like me to change anything or, perhaps, bring my character in at a certain time, or not use any of them at all please let me know.
tookishgirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2008 07:38
Hallohallo. PMed Eyowen, am still thinking through my character. I've decided to go with someone new, as I think I'm in the mood to play someone nearly as batty as I.

Well, let's try hobbit girl, shall we? She's in her tweens, mostly Took on her father's side. She has a tendency to be a bookworm of sorts, and has struck out on her own to get out into the world and see how much of what she's read is true. She has decided to go to Lothlorien for the purpose of doing some research there so that she may write a book on Elf lore. She got a bit lost on the way. Originally, she had a few friends with her, but lost them all by the time she made it to Bree. Something about the Prancing Pony, a bit of drink, and a card game going awry... young rips, last she knew the Shirrif was taking them back home to irrate mothers.

I'll make her up a profile in the RPG characters. Will she suffice? Still working on her char-- I'll probably be up half the night thinking about it, and then day dream through church service... (not really! Or at least, on the second one I'll try not to. )

[Edited on 1/20/2008 by tookishgirl]
eyowen_the_queen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2008 08:15
Lady Punk, your charecter sounds great, any time you want to join in, just type away! (I like the idea of the of Anelthia joining in. She seems perfectly grand.)
Tookishgirl, your ideas from your PMs sound great. Either you can post them here or I will later. It's up to you, and we'll put this plan into action ASAP. (I like the hobbit idea, we need a mischief maker! )
For now, everyone can write their own charecter stories about how they came to all meet together (in a very jumbled manner) right outside of Rivendell.
Maybe a mock fight would start when everyone meets?
Also, I would like a guy charecter or two to 'gaurd' the girls (no mary-sues, remember? ) and keep them out of toooooo much trouble.
Those of you who have done this before, what makes a great, lasting RP? Thanks for all the help!
Eyowen
tookishgirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2008 10:23
Haha, two questions. First, in my four plus years as an RPer, I have never heard the term "Mary Sue" in my life. What does it mean? Also, if we're to have a mock fight... you mean a small fight against real villians, or is there confusion and we go at it with one another?

It might be mildly amusing to have something along the lines of hobbit girl tripping into camp and startling someone else who draws a sword, and then Tansy decides she's going to defend herself and makes a fair attempt at tackling someone via knocking out their legs from beneath them. *grin* Could be a jolly old time, or could be something slightly more serious. Just throwing an idea out there.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2008 10:35
A Mary-Sue is a character who dominates every characeristic. Usually is a noble warrior with a horrific past, and some relation to royalty. He or she is usually the embodiment of beauty and is perfect in every way, shape, and form. Not a lot of fun to play with.

As for what makes a great RPG is a lot of participation from the RPGrs, and the interactions between the characters, the scenery, and everything. Tell a good story. That'll make it good. Don't make things to expected, keep an element of surprise to everything but don't make it impossible. Also keeping track of where everyone's characters are, and what they're doing helps a lot. I've seen a few RPGs where say, for example, we had a battle in the middle of the night, and now it is dawn. Another person comes in immediately afterwards and says night is falling. It can get confusing.

My character could probably look after the two girls, though he has a bit of a temper so it might proove interesting if they bother him, or fight a lot. For an elf he doesn't have a lot of patience. Lol.

As for a fight, I've the same question as tookishgirl: is it between us, or an enemy. Though I also have to agree with tookishgirl in saying that it would be a pleasant change to have a squabble amongst each other's characters rather then a group of orcs.

eyowen_the_queen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2008 11:06
That's exactly what I ment. Sorry for the confusion. I like the idea of the hobbit girl takling out the legs from under s tall charecter. We'll save the orcs for later.
Eyowen
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2008 12:02
Hopefully it's all right that I'm bringing in Anelthia somewhat later. If the four characters get into a brawl perhaps she can come upon them and break it up or something of that nature.
eyowen_the_queen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2008 07:36
That's fine. Whatever ya'll want to do, I'm game.
Eyowen

[Edited on 22/1/2008 by eyowen_the_queen]

[Edited on 22/1/2008 by eyowen_the_queen]
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
on: January 22, 2008 06:51
Moderator's comment;
We discussed this thread before Berethedhelen posted to ask you all to read the Rules and Guidelines.

There s a reason for the topped threads in each forum and we generally assume that our members will actually invest some time reading these threads.

If you had you would have come across the following;
However all changes to the canon should be 'within reason' and within the world of Tolkien

- Elrond didn't have a niece; His children had no aunts or uncles to give birth to this niece. Elrond's wife,Celebrian was the only child of Galadriel and Celeborn, and his brother was the first king of Numenor and died more than 6000 years before the War of the Ring and his children were mortal
- Elves didn't have arranged marriages, and who would Rivendel need an alignment with.
- also Some of the charecter suggestions in the OOC worry us as potentially pushing the story even further from Tolkien's universe- a mortal 1/2elven Prince Charming?- a bad elf? - orks and goblins?( orcs and goblins are the same thing) a grumpy Dwarf grandfather?

This post will be removed in a few days
eyowen_the_queen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2008 03:59
I understand, PB, but as I said in my last post, this is a what if. I'm not trying to be unreasonable, but I didn't think I was going outside the rules tooooo much. I only wanted a good story line. I'm still in highschool and this romantic, goofy story sounded okay to me, but if it isn't we can close it down.
I'm sure as time goes on I'll get better at this RP thing.

- I didn't make Elrond's neice charecter, I just invited her to join the RP.
- The elves arranged marriage thing, we couldn't think of anything else to make Findoilas want to leave Rivendell. Plus, it added a slight amount of drama. Sorry for the whole thing.
- Those were just crazy suggestions, not to be taken seriously. The elven half-mortal prince charming thing - we planned to make him Claurwen's brother. The prince charming thing was just an illustration. I wanted someone like Beren sort of but with a twist. Sorry if that's streching it to much. I actually meant orcs OR goblins. I apologize for the mix up there. If anything is wrong, just tell us and we'll change it.
We're perfectly fine with changes and all that. You all are the smart ones when it comes to this.
We'll follow your lead!
Eyowen
tookishgirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2008 04:39

- Elrond didn't have a niece; His children had no aunts or uncles to give birth to this niece. Elrond's wife, Celebrian was the only child of Galadriel and Celeborn, and his brother was the first king of Numenor and died more than 6000 years before the War of the Ring and his children were mortal
- Elves didn't have arranged marriages, and who would Rivendel need an alignment with.
- also Some of the charecter suggestions in the OOC worry us as potentially pushing the story even further from Tolkien's universe- a mortal 1/2elven Prince Charming?- a bad elf? - orks and goblins?( orcs and goblins are the same thing) a grumpy Dwarf grandfather?

Well, I think this plotline is perfectly salvagable.
-For starters, there is nothing that says Findoilas has to be Elrond's niece. She can be, perhaps, his ward. Or she could be completely unrelated, and merely the daughter of Elvish nobility.
-Perhaps instead of fleeing home as a result of an arranged marriage, Findoilas has a bad case of wanderlust. She's become distracted at home, and finally decides to set out. Or she could be delivering a missive for her mother to kin in Lothlorien. Indeed, maybe there is a cousin there that she loves dearly as her closest friend and has devised to make the journey there.
-Just to restate what Eyowen said, I think all of the participants were aware these last suggestions were tongue in cheek. And what's wrong with a grumpy dwarf grandfather, I'd like to know? Sounds good to me.
eyowen_the_queen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2008 05:17
Hi everyone. I just had a few questions.
Where do we want this story to go?
Minstral, do you want your character to go on with Claurwen and Findoilas on to LothLorien? If not, you can let him leave whenever you see fit. (You are always welcome to bring him back in at anytime anywhere.)
The same thing goes to everyone else here. This is all up to you. So.... What shall we do with our story?
Eyowen
tookishgirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2008 09:38
Hmm... we need a reason for everyone to stick together. Maybe something happens where they get sidetracked from their primary goal... something that takes them into an area populated mainly by men? Let's see, if we've still Elves in abundance, we're pre-war of the ring. So it would be really rare for them to see Elves, let alone hobbits. That might be interesting.

Perhaps wolves could kinda herd them off course and get them lost. Just a thought... lol, there isn't that much danger in ME before Sauron getting too big for his britches.

By all means, take what you like from this and shoot down the rest. Lol, I'm sure something is salvagable.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2008 10:33
that sounds reasonable, tookishgirl. I like it. What does everybody else think? I don't want to post unless we are all in agreement.
eyowen_the_queen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2008 11:51
That sounds fine with me, everyone. Tookishgirl, would you like to start that, since Tansy is a 'wandering hobbit'? It's up to you. And thanks for sticking with us everyone.
Eyowen
Edraitheru_Melannen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2008 11:33
Hey, I am kind of new to RPing, but this one looks relatively new so I thought I would give it a shot.

I would like to use my character Jotua in this. You can find him under that name in the characters list.

I was thinking I could bring him in whenever you end up getting near a human town or city. (He prefers to live out in the forest)

His story makes it relatively easy to fit him in. Just let me know what you think.
eyowen_the_queen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2008 09:38
I sent you a pm, Edraitheru_Melannen. Thanks for joining!
Edraitheru_Melannen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2008 10:28
Unfortunately, I have to withdraw my name from this one. I apologize for the late notice. I have been invited to join a Totally Tolkien RP and am also starting an RP of my own. There is one other RP that I applied for as well and I would like to develop my other character more at this point. I also feel that the character I would be using here is a little "rough around the edges" so I don't want to throw him into something as a main character. Once again, sorry for the late notice. Best of luck to all of you in this RP though.

Edraitheru
eyowen_the_queen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2008 03:56
Hey ya'll. Just wondering where everyone went... It's kinda boring sitting here talking to myself j/k
So what do we want to do now? Minstral, do you want to bring Alagos back in? What about Tookishgirl and Lady_Punk's characters? What's good with everyone? I'll wait for more idea's and let you all lead. Thanks
Eyowen
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email