Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
TheStriderRider
Council Member
Send Message
Post Peter Jackson Acknowledgement
on: February 19, 2008 03:43
Alright, so the short and simple of it. (as you'll find out with me, that means it's going to be a long, drawn out story. Sit tight chitlins). This story is SORT OF about me, since I was there...but...well you'll see.

Alright, well I'm an actress. I'm currently in a show called "Day After Day" which is about three families with autistic children and how their life goes on from there. It is being produced by POAC, Parents of Autistic Children. Well, one of the head honchos of that place held rehursal in his house for the day and we were in his basement.

Now, the group is very popular and gets a lot of stuff sent to them. Well, the one thing that we'd care about is this:

he had a script of the movie "Lord of the Rings: Return of the King" signed by:
Billy Boyd
Sean Bean
Sean Astin
Elijah Wood
Viggo Mortenson
Orlando Bloom
Dominic Monoghan
Hugo Weaving
Sir Ian McKellan
David Wenham
Liv Tyler
(I apologize for any mispells)
I don't remember who else

wait, and of course

Peter Jackson.

Now mind you that i was staring at this for hours. The rehursal was five hours long, and I stared at it for just about that much time, touching it and pretending that they were still right there. I know it was a sin to touch it, but it wasn't protected by ANYTHING...so the temptation grabbed me.

Anyway, so the big shot thought it was funny to watch me do this so he just watched me. Finally he asked me "Hey, do you think you'd want to meet Peter Jackson?"

My heart stop. I nodded.

He said "If I get the chance, I'll call him and see if he can spare the time. If he can't i'm sorry, but I'll try"

I was stunned until I asked how he'd do that.

"Oh, He's my second cousin. We talk occasionally. That's how I got it."

*dies*
*dies*
*DIESSSS*

The End ^^
Dimple_Bumbleroot
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Peter Jackson Acknowledgement
on: February 20, 2008 06:44
You will remember this ALL YOUR LIFE Strider. this WONDERFUL, good for you
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
on: February 20, 2008 06:51
OMG, I would have been touching that script too. Oh I hope it works out and you meet PJ. Dimple is right you will remember this all your life.
Gumawerian
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2008 08:02
Oh my goodness that's great! I'm so happy for you (and a little jealous as well, I admit :blush: )! Hope you get to meet him

Edit/P.S.: Try to weasel your way into The Hobbit Hahaha..

[Edited on 20/2/2008 by Gumawerian]
TheStriderRider
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2008 10:06
It is unlikely that, with his career going in full swing anyway, he'd be able to see the show I'm in. But, the fact that i KNOW someone who has spoken with him and seen him (possibly) is the coolest thing of my life. It goes to show you that there's such cool people in OUR world, even though we're so too in love with Middle Earth to care.

Yeah, another thing the guy said was "Look at all the other ones! I mean there's a spiderman 3 poster with all of the cast, script from something, jerseys signed by....um...hello?"
Meanwhile I was just staring and touching the script.

Fannytastic. Anyway I'm done. No one else cares around here so I needed a reaction other than "Who's that?"
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email