Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
FiRWEN
Council Member
Send Message
Post Favorite Female LOTR Character
on: February 25, 2008 07:02
Who else thinks Eowyn is the best female LOTR character?
Arwen & Galadriel are great! But I think Eowyn is best...
frodofan14
CoE Volunteer & Realm Head of Manwë Súlimo
Send Message
Post RE: Favorite Female LOTR Character
on: February 25, 2008 10:56
i do. i mean, i dont like elves so eowyn's the obvious choice
Nimiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2008 01:43
of course eowyn is best!

i like galadriel but for my opinion she's too spiritual

and arwen..... well, she's a good housewife. sitting at home (being good and doing what her father tells her to) and sewing a nice banner for her lover while he does heroic deeds....
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 29, 2008 04:17
It used to be Arwen, but i think she's become a bit too boring too me.. I mean.. she doesn't really do much exept for lying in her bed and weeping over Aragorn..
Now I like Eowyn best, and I just love her in War!
LadyofElves
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 29, 2008 02:51
I agree I love Eowyn so much! I agree with Nimiel about Arwen being a good housewife. Plus Eowyn is like the bad girl of the medievl days. And who doesn't like a bad girl?
LOTR_obsessed_loony
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2008 02:16
Personally, I'm not really bothered about any of them, but if I had to pick a favourite it would be Eowyn. I loved that bit where she killed the Witch King, although beheading the Fell Beast was a step too far (what did it ever do to her?). I do want to tell her to back off from Aragorn though, as I'm sure a lot of people do. (Leave him alone, Eowyn, he's MINE!!! )
"...Though thereafter we may walk in the shadows, I will not go forth as a thief in the night." – Boromir, FotR, The Ring Goes South Image Image Image Image Image
EldyTindomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2008 07:17
Although I love all the female characters I must say that Eowyn deserves our respect because she fought for her people and for what she believed in.

I also think Rossie was pretty great for being loyal to Sam after he left without many explanations.In the book at least.
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2008 08:30
I like Arwen and Eowyn a lot. Both get pretty awesome dudes in the end...
Rulea
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2008 04:44
Arwen, Galadriel, and Eowyn.
~Lara~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2008 02:26
Eowyn!
Miho
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 01, 2008 02:27
I agree she is good,but not best.
that may be I love Legolas so much ,so I love elves ,too.
but I think Eowyn is quite wonderful,especially in wars!
MTU18i
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2008 05:09
may be I like Arwen more just because she is more beautiful
Hothorix
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2008 07:01
It seems like most of you like Eowyn best, but I actually think
Rosie Cotton is pretty cool.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2009 08:06
I think Eowyn is my favorite character, although Galadriel comes close behind her. :love:
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Sambart
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2009 07:15
Mine has to be...Arwen.

1. Arwen
2. Eowyn
3. Galadriel

=]
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2009 08:34
:love:I'd say Eowyn, I feel so sorry for her. Her life has been so hard. et: It was a really sad part in the TT Extended Edition when Theoden was telling Aragorn about her life. And I mean I don't see Arwen and Galadriel (who is a most powerful being) going of to fight. Eowyn is also one of the Rohirim and I really like the people of Rohan. And she is far more beautiful than Arwen & Galadriel. (well in the film anyway). I can just see Arwen standing up to the Witch King Mounted upon his fell beast. :rolleyes: Yeah she stood up to all the Nazgul, with the ford that she called the power of her people to protect her. Poor Eowyn was on a horrid battle filed with a sword and shield, no magic. I think Eowyn is GREAT! I agree with you FiRWEN
I do like Arwen and Galadriel, I just feel sorry for Eoywn

[Edited on 29/1/2009 by Aragorn16Estel]
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
DwarfMaster
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2009 06:03
I like Eowyn the best!
heri_sinyë
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2009 08:30
It's hard for me to choose but in the end I'd say Eowyn too... maybe because she's the only human and the others are elves. I love the elves, but I can relate better to Eowyn's "human" problems than to the elves' problems (giving up immortality, diminishing and going into the West...).
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2009 05:28
I would say Galadriel, but I'm a Silmarillion freak. I guess I find her bond to Middle Earth very admirable, and the way she uses her hard-earned knowledge both beautiful and awe-inspiring.
Glîriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2009 08:32
I love Arwen and Eowyn, but I think I would have to choose Galadriel.
For me, she represents everything Elvish. She is graceful, elegant and awe-inspiring. And Cate Blanchett plays her perfectly!
crystalarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2009 03:16
My favorite female character in LOTR has to be Arwen. I love the grace and beauty she represents. She also has the courage to refuse an immortal life and marry Aragorn. Although she knows this choice will result in painful consequences, she fulfills her promise to Aragorn and stays for him.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email