Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
Post The Enemy Within
on: March 02, 2008 04:21
Hello all, this is a new RPG by both Elfmaidenoflorien, and myself. It takes place in Mirkwood just around the time of the Hobbit (a little before, actually, but we tie into the Hobbit directly later on, hopefully.) This RPG explores possible relations with the Mirkwood Elves and the men of Laketown. Anyways, we are looking for elves and men in this RPG.

Same basic rules apply to it, no God Modeling, and no Mary-Sues, etc...And if you are interested in joining please post here or PM one of us. Make sure your character is in the database, please

Other then that, enjoy this RPG. Welcome aboard
Ezraela
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Enemy Within
on: March 03, 2008 04:37
Hmmm... I'd like to join but I'm still devising a character. I'll have it up soon.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2008 11:17
Glad to hear someone is interested! Will you be using a human or an Elf?

I posted the first part of the RP, so if you need inspiration check it out.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Ezraela
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2008 03:51
An elf for now, but maybe, as we go further into the story, I could take on a second character - a human. If that's ok with you of course. Oh, here is the URL for my character.
click here
Her name is Eruanna. I'm still working on her background, however.

[Edited on 4/3/2008 by Ezraela]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2008 02:44
Looks good to me Ezaela

I will be bringing in a man soon, he's the guest. So there won't only be elves.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2008 06:38
I'm glad to see you here, Ezraela I like you character to. Bring her in. Go ahead and take on a second character, no problem about that
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2008 08:06
Great post Ezraela! ^_^ I like the little bit of unfriendlyness between Saer and Eruanna. It'll be fun.
DunedainChieftain
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2008 02:59
I want to start my rpg thread career off and I really like your plot.
My RPG character might fit nicely into the plot although he is from Dale which wasn't reestablished until after The Hobbit, and I was wondering if that would create too much conflict?
He is listed as Eldengon in the RPG character database. Please take a look and see what you think!
PM to inform me of your conclusion!
Sincerely,
DC
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2008 07:11
Hey, it is great to have you aboard, DunedainCheiftain Elfmaiden...everyone? Where are you?
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2008 11:53
Sorry Minstral! I was waiting for Ezraela to post, but I'm not sure where she went, so I'll post soon.
Ezraela
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2008 06:37
Sorry, everyone. I've been a wee bit busy with school. I'll try posting this week, but I'm not making any promises. I will have something up by next week, at the latest, however. Sorry for the hold up.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2008 07:38
That's okay, can't wait to see your post!
Naera
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2008 07:15
Hi everyone! I was looking at the RPG's, and I saw The Enemy Within, and it looks really interesting! Is it too late to introduce a new character into the story? The character I would use is Baniel, and is in the characters database. She is a half-elf, and already lives in Mirkwood. Thank you for your time! -Naera

[Edited on 24/3/2008 by Naera]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2008 02:40
She looks good to me, Naera, and the story has pretty much just begun, so you're perfectly welcome to join in. Post when you can, and welcome to the RP!
Naera
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2008 01:34
Thanks so much! And I just have to say, this is a great story idea that you came up with. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

p.s. I won't be on the site for about a week, because I got grounded. :banghead: ... anyway, if you need to make Baniel say/do anything, please do. I would hate to make the story stop. I will see you guys in about a week. Sorry!

[Edited on 28/3/2008 by Naera]
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2008 05:08
Where is everyone?!
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2008 01:50
I don't know...again I was waiting for someone to post before me...because I need Thranduil to do some talking...I'll use Thranduil if no one else is around, just to keep it moving.

I'll try and post later today....
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2008 07:51
Hey...I just wanted to ask Dunedain about this new character that was suddenly brought into the story. Jinier? I'm a little confused as to how he fits in with the story.

I'm not saying you should take him out, I'd just like a little explaining. Thanks!
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: April 10, 2008 08:17
I too would like an explanation of your char, Jinier, DC.

Elves were not notorious for killing men nor were they usually considered "evil". Some explaining is in order.
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
DunedainChieftain
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2008 12:36
Oh, I'm quite sorry I suppose I can change a few things around...I really didn't mean for that. I will change it up, and I apologize.

P.S. My intention was only to add some depth to some of the characters.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2008 01:36
I understand that, DC, but maybe we could try for something else...thanks for changing it!
DunedainChieftain
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2008 12:59
My pleasure. Ummm.. If my two are going with Tathar, how will the posting work?
Naera
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2008 01:29
Yes, I was wondering that too. Also, I am concerned that I am not on the computer enough to keep up once the RP really gets going... could someone be Baniel's gaurdian angel and take care of her if I don't show up for a couple days? My year is getting hectic. I have lots of orthodontic appointments, and school too... Sorry, I know you don't want to know about my schedule... But if someone could please make sure that I don't slow the story because I don't show up. I will try my very hardest to get on every day. And thanks again for letting me join the RP.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2008 12:56
Of course we will, Naera, but we also won't leave you behind.

Does Anyone if Ezraela is still with us? I'll send her a PM if she doesn't post soon....

[Edited on 14/4/2008 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
Naera
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2008 10:53
Guys, I am really sorry, but I may have to drop out of the RP. I will only be able to come on every other week, and even then only 5 days a week. I will try to keep up for a while, but I may end up having to get rid of Baniel. I am going to try my hardest to stay faithful to the site, but if it becomes too stressful, I am going to have to quit... Sorry, once again.

-Naera
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2008 11:05
It's ok Naera. See how it goes, and even if you do drop out we'll keep a space open for you No worries, and I'm sorry everything's so stressful for you right now. *hugs* Keep your chin up.
DunedainChieftain
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2008 05:07
Sorry to hear you might be leaving, Naera. IT will be a loss of imcomparable sorrow. *sighs deeply*

By the way, how is the posting going to work with Eldengon, Heanur, Tathar, and Duryn all at once????
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2008 01:08
I'm not sure I understand that question DC....we'll just keep posting with our characters like we always do.
I won't be able to post today but tomorrow I should be able to get around to a post in which they leave the forest and head for Laketown.

Aw, thats alright Naera. We'll miss you, but stress is not good, so if it does become stressful it will be alright if you drop out, but as Minstral said we'll keep an opening for you. :hug: Thank you for letting us know ahead of time.
Naera
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2008 04:06
Well, as I said, I will try my hardest to come on. Thank you all so much! Its nice to feel loved! My friend may be able to do my posting for me when I can't come on. If she does, I will let you guys know! For now, I am staying!
DunedainChieftain
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2008 03:32
I hope this thing with Eldengon and Heanur following you guys works... Maybe we could have them meet up at a fork in the road or something...
I hope I didn't break the timeline too uch with the dwarf thing....
DunedainChieftain
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 25, 2008 06:36
Ok guys, I am extremely busy and I think that the best thing for the thread is if my characters drop out... Goodbye.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email