Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Elegia
Council Member
Send Message
Post About lists
on: March 25, 2008 12:14
I have noticed this fact that whenever someone asks something like 'who's your favorite character?' or 'favorite place on Middle-Earth?' people tend to list things. Well I like Aragorn, Elrond, yadda yadda yadda. And that's it.

What I am trying to say that it would be a whole lot more interesting to read the stories behind the choices. WHY do you like Elrond or Aragorn, WHY you like Rivendell. I think it's boring to read lists. Tell the stories. I think it would give you the opportunity to think an answer to the question why and it would give us, the readers and users of this forum, a whole lot more fun.

So how about we try to answer the question 'why' next time we are asked to list things. Who's with me?

With love Elegia
frodofan14
CoE Volunteer & Realm Head of Manwë Súlimo
Send Message
Post RE: About lists
on: March 25, 2008 02:22
that makes sense. but sometimes people like things for no good reason. i do
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
on: March 25, 2008 03:52
Also some people have trouble expressing themselves. We are here to have a good time remember. Sometimes I have reasons that I could express with a full explanation but I am also a list person. Also maybe people don't have the time to fully express why or to give the reasons in story form. I don't want any one to feel like they are at school and it is a test.So,Elegia I think some people that like to do it your way will but please be tolerant of those who don't want to okay.

[Edited on 26/3/2008 by awelyn418]
Elegia
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2008 08:21
I know this ain't a school (if it was you would see a hole shaped like me in the nearest wall and screams of terror ringing in your ears) . And I will be tolerant, no worries, this was just an idea, even if I might have said it a bit harshly.
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
on: March 26, 2008 01:52
Elegia lol I was not a great student either at school. You have a good day. Did you read something of Tolkien's on Tolkien reading day yesterday?
Dimple_Bumbleroot
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2008 05:13
ELEGIA: I understand what you mean and I also can see what Awelyn is saying too! We all have our ways to express ourselves and sometimes we just don't know why we do it the way we do it, we just do!!!!
My favorite character is Sam and I know whyIt is because he is my soul mate.I love his loyalty, his principles, his kindness.I love the fact that he is a gardener,because I am too, he is a good cook,and I love to cook too.He doesn't like trouble but he is willing to go over board to help his friends.He will do what it will take to make it right.Now if I could be a little bit like him in my life.....but I'm trying

Dimple
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email