Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
HaldirofLorien13
Council Member
Send Message
Post Cross-Country Running
on: July 02, 2008 01:41
Someone else out there has to be a runner! Where do you like to run? What got you into running? Are you on your school's team? I love running. It relaxes me, and my parents got me into running. I'm on my school's team. What about you???
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Cross-Country Running
on: July 25, 2008 03:17
I have a love/hate relationship with running. Some days it's just the best feeling in the world, other days it's sheer pain. This is going to sound awfully fickle, but I think it mostly has to do with the weather.

Running at dawn is exhilarating... I almost believe the sun rises just for me. On the other hand, running long distances in humid weather at noon is just about the worst thing you can do to your body.

I used to do cross-country running in high school. I was never very good at the races... but practice was usually fun. And it got me into running, which is a good thing.
HaldirofLorien13
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 30, 2008 01:39
Funny, I feel the same way. I run with the weather. In winter, I run in the middle of the day so I don't freeze to death. In summer, I wake up really early to beat the South African heat. I was running yesterday morning and passed though this rather humid forest. Yuck.
horsey_elf
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2008 09:32
I love running too! It's one of the best feelings in the world...I'm not exactly very good though! I agree about the weather thing; i CANNOT run in the heat (I die...) so summer's really annoying for me...winter's great coz then I can just run and run...but it's really annoying coz my parents are strict about where I'm allowed to go out, like on the back lanes and stuff, and I don't really know many tracks to use (I also hate running in front of people like in the village coz I probably look like an idiot!)...and I know this sounds weird, but I find running in the rain REALLY satisfying!
x
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email