Register

Author Topic:
FiRWEN
Council Member
Send Message
Post Natural Hair Care
on: August 19, 2008 09:06
Does anyone know about or have a recipe for:
A hair care product that naturally voluminizes thin hair?
Or helps thin hair be more...lush??
Also, a natural cure/remedy to thicken thin hair or make hair grow faster would be helpful!!
Before replying, please consider if the product/recipe works or if you have tested it. (I'd like definite answers)
Thanks soo much!!

[Edited on 19/8/2008 by FiRWEN]
Aowyn
Resident Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Post RE: Natural Hair Care
on: August 19, 2008 02:31
Henna will make your hair feel thicker because it coats the hair shaft. I have really thick hair naturally but I swear it used to feel fuller after I'd henna'd it. I used to use a brand called Hennalucent which I'd buy at the beauty supply shop...they sold a "colorless" version which was supposed to just make your hair look shinier. I used the red, though, so I can't vouch for the colorless version. I think you can also get henna treatments at some salons. I'm just kind of a DIY'er when it comes to hair
Protein in your diet will strengthen your hair naturally, I don't think you can make your hair GROW thicker...hair thickness is genetic.
As far as faster, a good diet, make sure you trim regularly (splits will just impede your progress). I have heard that Pantothenic acid supplements will help, but large doses may cause diarrhea (sorry, but you should know!)
However, I will plug my favorite natural mostuirizing treatment: blend one avocado, one egg, and olive oil and apply to dry hair. Apply heat (like a warm towel....it also helps if you wrap saran wrap or a spare plastic store baggie around your head to seal the moisture in, and stick a wooly cap on.) Looks ridiculous but it works!
Good luck
Beriandanwen
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Natural Hair Care
on: September 03, 2008 03:10
My dermatologist recommended biotin supplements- she said to take 3000-5000 mg daily. It does wonders for strength and shine. A completely natural remedy is rosemary shampoo. If you can't find one ready-made, use a mild shampoo and add a few drops of essential oil of rosemary, and massage your scalp as you wash. Rosemary stimulates circulation. Caution: NEVER use this oil if you have high blood pressure!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email