Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
Post Submiting News
on: September 29, 2008 11:14
I submitted some news about 4 days ago (it wasn't accepted), and yesterday and today i have tried to submit some other news, but it won't let me submit. Is there a limit or somthing? Why can i not submit news?

thanks, Evenstar1234
Rivka
Frodo Fanatic and Head Oligarch
Send Message
Post RE: Submiting News
on: September 30, 2008 02:38
When you say "it won't let me submit", does it give you some sort of error when you try to submit the news story?
"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: September 30, 2008 05:34
no...basically there is only one button: preview. and when i click that, it just takes me to the home page....
Rivka
Send Message
on: October 01, 2008 06:47
Can you give me some more information? What operating system are you using (Windows XP, Vista, Mac OS, etc)? And what browser and version are you using?
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: October 01, 2008 10:29
yes, i use Windows XP with Mozilla Firefox v. 3.0.3.

I submitted once news before, and it worked. only when i have tried a second time has it not.

anything else you need to know?
Rivka
Send Message
on: October 01, 2008 11:10
My guess is that there was something in the content of the news that you were trying to submit that the site did not like -- there are specific keywords that if used a certain way, the site will interpret as a hacking attempt...and boot you back to the index. If you want me to send the content of what you were trying to submit in the news article to me at [email protected], I'll see if anything stands out to me...

My guess, though, is that any future news article submissions shouldn't have any trouble going through -- it's probably something specific about this one that is causing trouble (probably something in the link).
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: October 01, 2008 05:03
ok i will send it to you..though what it was i have no idea!

at any rate, it may be too late to submit the news, though i thought it would be important (noones posted about it) if you think i can still submit it i will..

thanks!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email