Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
Post Changes for our Humor Section!
on: December 19, 2008 06:21
Things are shaking in the Humor Section in 2009!

Several changes are coming up, including:
- Re-opening Haldir's Pretty Pictures
- Opening a Brand New section, Pippin's Picture Parodies
- Adding more Comic Strips

But here's the catch - I can't do any of this without the help of our wonderful members! Get your thinking caps and funny bones on and think of some wonderful new submissions for these sections! Submissions will open in January 2009. More info to come on that later.

Guidelines for the areas are as follows:

Haldir's Pretty Pictures - 'Doctored' Photos, Movie stills, or pictures, featuring Middle-Earth characters in strange situations. Categories include Advertisements, Characters in Non-LotR locations, Non-LotR characters in M-E, and more! See the current section for general ideas. Each accepted submission is worth 1-2 User Points!

Pippin's Picture Parodies - Here's where you can put words into our favorite characters' mouths, similar to the Captions Contest. Place Word Bubbles, or simply write text at the bottom of the picture. See 'How to Make a Captioned Picture' for more information on how to make these! Each submission is worth 1-2 User Points!

Comic Strips - We need more comic strips! Can you make a running gag, a funny story, or just make fun of the characters, all in pictures and text? Submit them now! Click here for more information! Each Submission is worth 1-2 User Points!

If you have any more ideas, members, I am quite open to suggestions! How can we make the Humor Section even funnier in the coming year? PM me or reply to this topic for suggestions! If the suggestion is new and/or unique, and is used on the site, you will receive 5 user points!

Of course, all submissions must follow the rules of Council of Elrond:
- No pictures or submissions of a sexually explicit or implied nature, and no swearing, no crudeness, no vulgarity, and nothing else inappropriate.
- Only good quality pictures will be placed in the gallery.
- If the photos you want to submit are NOT of your creation, please give us the name of the person who created them and an email address where we can reach them. Do NOT submit photos without permission from the creator.
- Pictures should be no larger than 500 x 500 pixels
- Please proofread your submission. Bad grammar and/or spelling make a caption hard to read, and less likely to be accepted.
- Do try to be funny. That is the point of this, after all.

Please wait until after January 1, 2009, to send in your suggestions and submissions. Thank you.

If you have any questions, you may contact me, Merides, by PM.

So have fun, members! I hope to see many hilarious submissions coming in the New Year!
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
Post RE: Changes for our Humor Section!
on: January 02, 2009 03:01
All Sections are now open! Let the funny-ness begin!!!

[Edited on 1/3/2009 by Merides]
Ringhilwen
Ilúvatar's Designer & Haldir\'s Little Squirrel
Send Message
on: May 04, 2009 08:59
Keep up the good work, Merides. Nice to see our Humor Baby is in capable hands!
Trignifty
Ruler and Court Jester of Planet Awesome
Send Message
on: May 05, 2009 03:06
I sort of said this in Mandos, but I just wanted to second Ring. The Humor section looks great! You have to have a lot of passion to run that section so it's obviously in v. capable hands.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email