Register

Author Topic:
hodekin
Council Member
Send Message
Post Greetings!
on: February 26, 2009 07:54
Hello everyone,

My name is hodekin, I am a new member of the CoE, and I am 59! Don't quite know why that should be significant but when I recently joined a Realm (the Vaire) I was very kindly directed to this thread!

Hmmmm...Looks as if the Middle Earth zimmer frame has been handed to me already LOL!

I am male, I teach, and I live in the East Anglian region of the UK.

I have been a fan of Tolkiens writings for more years than I care to remember, but this is the first time I have joined an on line community re the subject. Must say, this is a very extensive site with more turns, twists and tunnels than Khazad-dum! I am still trying to find my way around and I am constantly getting lost...or is it sidetracked??

Anyway, pleased to make your acquaintance, I do hope to join in on general chit chat from time to time...

In Truth,

hodekin

BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
Post RE: Greetings!
on: February 28, 2009 04:45
hodekin,

Warm greetings and salutations and welcome to CoE from another old-timer who's been reading JRRT for half a century. It's amazing you've already found your say into the territory of realms but have you also found Fans over Forty thread HERE? I'm sure they'd all like to meet you too. There's even at least a half a dozen or so there from the UK....it'll be like old home week. *smiles*

Enjoy and carry on!
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
on: February 28, 2009 10:59
Hello again Hodekin .
You have made yet another introduction-post outside of the 'Newbies Introduction' thread . I will not move this one this time, to keep the continuity in the other thread. But in due time this thread will be deleted to prevent other newbies from thinking this is how they should introduce themselves: through a new thread. It would soon lead to an overflowing of this forum and make it all very difficult to follow for other members.
Once again I hope you'll enjoy this site, please do drop in more than regularly for chit chat and more .

Greetings,

Errandir of Gondolin,
newbies moderator
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
cirdaneth
Books Admin & Books Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: March 01, 2009 10:28
Hi Hodekin, I'm Cirdaneth, I think you're possibly getting muddled between "Topics" and "Posts" and are clicking "New Topic" when you get to the Newbie Forum.

What you need to do is click on the "Newbies Introduction" thread near the top of the page and when it opens, scroll to the bottom and click on "Post Reply". Then you can introduce yourself.

After that I hope we will see you in the Books Forum, where I am co-moderator, and on Fans over Forty. Don't worry about your age. I'm even older. BTW I too, am in the UK. I'm in the Derbyshire Peak District, but used to live in Colchester which can't be that far from you.

Gondolinian: If this thread is a simple mistake, couldn't the posts be moved into the Intro thread rather than deleted? Just an idea.

Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email