Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
Post The Hunt for Gollum
on: May 03, 2009 04:50
Now that the movie is available online I was just wondering what our members thought of it.
I just finished watching a few minutes ago and I enjoyed it immensely. The production values were a lot higher than I thought they would be for a not-for-profit venture I won't go into details as I don't want to post spoilers , but I personally think that this movie does a great job of telling the story it is titled after.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
Post RE: The Hunt for Gollum
on: May 03, 2009 06:29
YEs! I cant wait to see it! But i need to ask a very important question for those who have seen it:

What would you rate this movie? Does it have any language in it at all, violence, etc? I realy need to know, thanks.
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
on: May 04, 2009 01:45
There are a few fights and one really good battle that may make it a little gory for primary grade children, but it is no worse than the movie trilogy as to violence.
Aowyn
Resident Shieldmaiden
Send Message
on: May 04, 2009 12:09
I was hoping people who had watched it would post comments on here. I'm looking for some quiet time to set aside and watch it.
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: May 04, 2009 02:09
Personally, I loved it. I have it downloaded to my computer, and am looking forward to spoofing it in the Humor Section soon... *hint of future events!*
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: May 04, 2009 05:54
Merides: how did you download it? I can't find where to do that, i would rather have it downloaded.
Ilandir
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2009 06:54
Merides: how did you download it? I can't find where to do that, i would rather have it downloaded.

I second that. I'm curious as to how you were able to do so ... for all I know, it was only streamed online through some websites.

Personally, I thought it was brillant. Somehow it took me back to the now-nostalgic years of 2001, 2002 and 2003. It feels part of the trilogy and for a fan made film, I must say, it looks very professional.
Taraisilwèn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2009 08:59
I loved it! :love:
Have been looking forward to it for months now and they didn't dissapoint! Great work

Gandalf was excellent!
I want to say the same about Aragorn yet, though in fear of being thrown out of here, I have to say I think his dialog could have been a bit better, or just less...I don't know, hollywood? "We are not alone" - kind of thing.
But then, maybe I'm being too picky and foolish
Beside that, Great acting, great everything! *hats off to all*

I didn't think it was possible to downloud it because of issues with the copyright or something... Would love it if I was wrong though!?
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 05, 2009 09:12
I'd give it ether a high PG or a low PG-13 Eruce,no languge,violance about what was in the triligy(more like PC's level,I would say).
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2009 11:41
I really liked the film! The action is cool and the actors aren't half bad! I just have to say that this is a great fan made film and I think every Tolkien fan should experience it!
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: May 05, 2009 04:34

I downloaded it using RealPlayer, a free online resource that gives you the option of downloading any online video in FLV format. I used the original video found on their site.

Hope that helps!
Aegor
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 05, 2009 10:18
A little note for all of you looking to download the movie, if you don't want to bother with RealPlayer (which I never liked much) you can use an addon for Mozilla Firefox called "DownloadHelper" , it does the same thing but it's a lot more userfriendly.

The HD quality movie is 288 Mb big, 1280x720 resolution, 2 channel audio.
Ilandir
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2009 08:13
Thanks Merides and Aegor!
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2009 11:28
I throught The film was very good, altghrough I am looking forward more to the other Lord of the rings Fan Film called 'Born of Hope'.

The fights were good and the locations were great, but I think the part were Aragorn half seved Gobloks head, was, erm.....well....a bit gory!
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: May 10, 2009 10:08
yes!!! i finally saw it! *dances for joy not unlike Gollum*
precious! precious!

i thought it to be very good, though it was hard to tell on detail cuz the vid i watched wasnt very good...

i liked it.

Elrayen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2009 04:19
I've seen it - and I was impressed! It really is amazing what can be done with a £3000 budget Tiny weeny bit of Aragorn angst too...! lol
I have to admit, Gollum did make me laugh out loud on quite a few occassions! Like when he was in the sack singing, and then when he was trying to escape
Would have been fantastic if perhaps they introduced either Legolas or Thranduil, seeing as Gollum was taken to Mirkwood... but it was still really good! You can buy the soundtrack for it aswell
I am now eagerly anticipating the release of 'Born of Hope' - if it is half as good as the trailer, then it is going to be amazing! Not only that... but the twins are in it!! :love: Lol
Nagzz
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2009 12:55
I've been meaning to watch it.. I started watching it but never got around to finishing it, wasn't sure how good it was.. but it sounds good.. planning to watch it soon hehe.

I really want to watch Born of Hope though, that sounds really cool
Aran_Quendi
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2009 08:28
It was an pretty incredible fan film, probably the best that I have seen. I still would have liked to seen a little more development in the plot, but kudos to the Team!! The fight scene was pretty cool, a lot of characters were introduced, but not really explained....but it is still a pretty amazing film
Rulea
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2009 05:26
It was amazing
NellasTaralom
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 21, 2009 06:35
It was an exceptional fan film....and like many others have already said...I think that if that team had possesseda bigger budget, they would have accomplished wonders with it. As it is, they did very well with their limited funds.

I can't speak for the other fans around the world, but I would love to donate to the film makers to help them make another Tolkien film. I feel like I'm starving for films based on Tolkien's works....so this movie came at a perfect time.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email