Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Lady_Rotherane
Council Member
Send Message
Post Contests and whatnot
on: May 09, 2009 04:39
I've been wondering where to go around for news on contests and stuff. Like...are there any t-shirt contests going on? I've been a member for years, but i'm only now getting involved. I'm just curions. Any help would be appreciated.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinliƫ - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
Post RE: Contests and whatnot
on: May 09, 2009 09:53
Hi Lady_Rotherane .
Normally, contests are always announced somehow. For instance, if there's a contest in one of the sections, it will probably be announced in the newsitems on the homepage of CoE. Like the contest in the Humor Section at this very moment.
Often it are also the Realms that have contests, so for specific information about those you should check your realm, or 'the general realms discussion' forum. Sometimes they have interrealm contests that you can participate in, other times the contest is realmspecific and you can only participate when you're a member of the specific realm.
As a last resort you can always check the 'CoE Announcements, Rules, & Feedback' forum too. Our last T-shirt contest was announced there I think. At the moment I don't know of any notable contests other than the one in the Humor Section.
I hope this helped a bit . Feel free to suggest ideas or offer help in the appropriate forums if you're interested.

Errandir of Gondolin
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
Lady_Rotherane
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2009 09:30
What exactl are realms?
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: May 10, 2009 09:41
Mind if I answer this one, Gondo? (a bit of head-of-realm promotion, if you will )

Hello Lady_Rotherane!

Realms are a smaller community in the forums, where you can get to know the members of CoE better, as well as participate in Realm-based activities, discussions and contests.

Each Realm is named for a different Valar- I'm the head of the Realm of Mandos, for example. There's more information and a great quiz to help you find a realm on the Realm Home Page.

I'd love it if you'd join the Realm of Mandos but feel free to join any realm you'd like! Hope to see you around, and great to have you actively involved on the site!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email