Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post The Fell Winter of 1311(OOC)
on: February 09, 2010 09:49
I've noticed the lack of RPs in the Shire...mostly because there aren't many opportunities for battle and adventure in the Shire,because of the general laid back nature of the hobbits.

But...this RP idea has been bugging me for awhile. There /was/ a time that really could be fun...The fell winter,when the wolves attacked the Shire.

Most of the openings in this RP will be for OCs,but there are several cannon characters that can be explored,namely Bilbo,who was a tween at the time.

I'll be playing my own OC Bella (Needs work...I know),a Took of Great Smials.

This is to be in TR,but strict cannon will be enforced. No elves or "big people" allowed.

Post here if you have any ideas,or if you wish to join.
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Fell Winter of 1311(OOC)
on: February 11, 2010 03:43
I wouldn't mind joining this! There is a lack of Hobbit RP's around here, and I haven't RPed here in a while, so I would like to participate in this.

Here is my character, Arron.

Would you mind if I joined up on this one?
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 11, 2010 03:54
Of course,Arron looks like he would fit in quite well.
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2010 10:39
Awesome, would you like me to post now, or do you want me to wait for others to show up?
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 11, 2010 04:21
You can start your intro now.
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2010 11:38
Hi there!

This does sound interesting, but do you have a script for this RP, or at least just an outline?

Just a few remarks, though....
The Fell winter was in the year 2911 in the Third Age, not 1311 And if you plan to include the famous Horn-call of Buckland in your RP, I suspect it would've been heard quite far from Hobbiton Or do you have other plans?
We still remember, we who dwell In this far land, beneath the trees The starlight on the Western seas...
In the Realm of Ulmo
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2010 11:42
It was in 2911 of the third age, but it was also in 1311 SR (Shire Reckoning) which is the same time, just on different calendars.
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 17, 2010 10:37
Right,since it's set in the Shire,I used S.R. Bit of math involved with finding the date...not hard,really,knowing Bilbo's birthday in both reckonings .

Secondly...no,I don't have a scrip,basic idea,yes...outline or scrip,no. It's a free RP,which is why it's in TR. If I had a script,I would have submitted it for TT.

Why Hobbiton? It was mentioned that the wolves made it there after crossing the river,either in "The Hobbit" or in FotR,and I thought that it would create more character opportunities.
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2010 10:42
Oh, sorry, my mistake I started to look for information regarding the time and event, and got confused

Anyways, do you think I could join? I have been thinking about a hobbit character, but haven't figured him/her out completely. So I decided to ask in case you agreed me to join - which would you prefer? A male or a female?

We still remember, we who dwell In this far land, beneath the trees The starlight on the Western seas...
In the Realm of Ulmo
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 19, 2010 07:36
Yes,you can join

Either one is fine,whichever you prefer playing.

Bilbo's also open.
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2010 07:19
I would like to join. My character is here: http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=RPG&file=index&action=viewcharacter&rpgid=6280
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 04, 2010 07:35
Very good,glad you decided to join

Only one little problem with the bio though. Bilbo is only 21 at this point of time,and he didn't learn Elvish until he was in his 50s
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2010 08:00
Oh alright, I will change that. Can I post right ahead?
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 04, 2010 08:11
Yup,sure,go ahead
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2010 12:08
Hi there!

I finally came up with a hobbit lad Seredic, if you'll have him.

Can I join? But I'd love to do it a bit later, so as not to get the entire bunch together at the same time and place.

*Nif

[Edited on 9/3/2010 by Nifredil]
In the Realm of Ulmo
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: March 08, 2010 04:12
Nifredil and Ninimelle,

Please read how to place a url in your post here and then edit your posts to correct your references to your characters.

Thank you
Moderators
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2010 09:25
Thank you, moderators I had totally forgotten how it's done, my apologies.
In the Realm of Ulmo
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 09, 2010 05:29
Yes,very glad,and a later intro will do well.

*Pokes Passe*
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2010 02:34
Ouch! Don't poke me so hard!

What am I being poked for? Was their something wrong with my post? O_o
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 09, 2010 05:39
Nope,your post was good,it's just your turn
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2010 05:54
I have the most recent post, though, I think.
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 09, 2010 05:58
*Bonks computer*

Of course you did! I just didn't see it!

I'll post sometime tomorrow,hopefully.
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 16, 2010 04:58
Double posting is not encouraged,I know. But since it's been nearly a week,I'm going to go ahead and do it. If it's a problem,I can merge my posts.

Couple of quick notes,Nin,I would consider the term "guys" to be more of an American idem than something a hobbit would say.

Also,do we want to jump to town?
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2010 06:36
Thanks for the advice. I think that if we jump to town right now, it's a bit quickly. Maybe we take a rest or something, otherwise it's a bit swift I think.
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2010 11:46
It would seem as a bit hurried if you jumped now. Maybe you could take your time writing the extremely cold and long winter and the hardships you are encountering during your journey? And, we might start planning my character's entry. I was thinking of having him completely lost, as he tends to do that quite a lot. Maybe in the night while you're resting by a firelight the one on guard duties hears something approach and attacks my char unknowingly, thinking him to be another wolf? I'm open to suggestions - whatever course of action would add to the excitment and fun
In the Realm of Ulmo
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2010 04:59
I think that's a very good idea. Meeting your char like that sounds very nice. But I don't decide alone of course. Lucy and Passerpout will have oppinions too.
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 22, 2010 04:47
Good,that sounds very good Like that idea.
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2010 07:37
Where is everyone? There hasn't been a post for many weeks and I was the last one that posted.
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 18, 2010 04:53
I've been hanging out in Vana,and checking in on the RPs now and then.(Oh,and Real Life and TLC...)

I was waiting for Passe to post,since we had so many posts one after another,but it's been long enough that I should be able to get around to posting again sometime this week.
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 14, 2010 06:39
VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!

I have been accepted as a worker at a camp this Summer. I leave Memorial day weekend,and be back around August 9th(Making no promises)

I'm very exited about getting this job. But I will be without internet,so I'll be dropping this RP in a week or so,I'm really sorry. If you guys want to continue without me,that's great. I'm not sure if I would pick it up when I get back or not.

Sorry.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email