Register

Author Topic:
Knight_of_Dol_Amroth
Council Member
Send Message
Post Death in Moria OOC/Sign up
on: February 26, 2010 11:33
The plot is this:

A band of Dunedain rangers has been discovered by a swarm of Warg riding Orcs, the rangers escape routes are cut off, except for one way. . . The Mines of Moria.

The rangers have finally figured out how to open one of the secret doors into the mines (not the one the fellowship used) They can hear the Orcs far off in the distance and so they step in and close the door behind them barring it securely.

Now, the rangers must face the long darkness and the denizens of the mines and find their way out.

I think about six plenty for this quest (Be forewarned anyone who leaves and thus leaves me hanging, I will make sure their character suffers a horrible fate.

Equipment guidelines, I'm staying fairly close to the book and as such these rangers will carry the following:

Weapons and Armour:

Quilted Gambeson, Longsword or Hand-and-a-half-Sword, Knife, Shortbow and Forty arrows. Note on the arrows: Since the rangers have been fighting the Orcs they're down to nineteen-ten arrows.

Each ranger has some bandages, a water-bag, and a wallet full of dried meat and fruit.

The rangers each has wrapped one arrow in oil soaked bandages, but the rangers must use their makeshift torches sparingly and with discretion for they have little oil and there are many things in moria besides orcs that will be drawn to the the light.

--------------------

Just use a suitable character for this RP and it doesn't have to be a ranger if you can give a plausible reason why a non-ranger character is there (For instance: Elves from mirkwood who are working with the rangers is just fine)

A few things to go over real quick, standard COE rules apply, armour isn't heavy or clumsy or easily gotten through, swords aren't heavy or clumsy either.

I would prefer that only one or two ranger (still) have bows and arrows.

One more thing, none of us are going to start off in pristine condition, we've been on the run we're tired and dirty and we've all got some sort sort of wound(s).

-----------------------------------

My character: http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=RPG&file=index&action=viewcharacter&rpgid=6277

If you have questions post them here or PM me

Any takers?

[Edited on 26/2/2010 by Knight_of_Dol_Amroth]

[Edited on 28/2/2010 by Knight_of_Dol_Amroth]

[Edited on 28/2/2010 by Knight_of_Dol_Amroth]
Knight_of_Dol_Amroth
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Death in Moria OOC/Sign up
on: February 27, 2010 06:16
Does no one want to play?
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2010 04:29
I think I would like to play. My character is here:

http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=RPG&file=index&action=viewcharacter&rpgid=6278

Hope you like it.

[Edited on 28/2/2010 by Nínimelle]
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 28, 2010 05:46
OK,if you don't mind me joining...I'm really tempted to play Celebren's sister. Really tempted. If you don't mind,that is...
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2010 05:32
That would be nice. I hope we're alowed. Do you need some information and stuff about Tuilinneth, Celebren's sister?
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 01, 2010 05:42
If you have any,yes,that'd be nice .

Female ranger,ok,right?
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2010 05:49
Yes, a female ranger. What do you want to know about her?
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 01, 2010 05:58
Anything you have that you wouldn't want changed when I make a bio.
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2010 06:05
Alright.

Well her name is Tuilinneth.
You know the gender and race.
Her age is 21, for she was three when Celebren was 6.
Her height doesn't matter to me.
You know the place of Residence.
Her family is Celebren.
Her weapons you may do.
Here's her appearance: She has long brown hair, wide grey eyes and a slender body. When you meet her, you would say she’s but a girl. But she’s not, she is very strong and a good fighter.
You may make up her personality.
And here's her history: Tuilinneth was born after her brother. Her mother died giving birth to her. She has always seen that as her fault. She was but three when Dunedain brought her father back, killed by orcs. She swore that she would revenge him. She has been raised by Celebren and he teached her to fight with knifes. Other Dunedain taught her to fight with a long sword, because her brother preferred knifes and his bow. She and Celebren met some other rangers and traveled with them since.

You can, of course, change and add soe things if you'd like.
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: March 03, 2010 09:58
It would seem, based on a PM to a moderator, that the originator of this thread was disturbed that there wasn't immediate interest and thus has left the forums. He will not be continuing as the author/owner of this thread.

If you wish to pick up where he left off and continue on, please feel free to do so, otherwise we will lock/delete the thread. Leave a note here in the thread if any members want to carry on. We'll be waiting to here your decision.
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 04, 2010 06:06
Odd...I'd give it at least a week until I gave up because of lack of replies...

But no,I can't take over. I'm starting my own RP,The Fell Winter of 1311(Which *hint hint* has not generated much response. I can be patient though...),plus Vàna/TLC stuff and school...
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2010 06:49
I won't take over either. I think it can be deleted.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email