Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
eyowen_the_queen
Council Member
Send Message
Post Owl City
on: April 30, 2010 03:02
So, I searched for a topic devoted to Owl City and I couldn't find one, so I started one. :naughty:
Has anybody else heard of Owl City? I positively adore his music, personally because it's so uplifting and clean. When I listen to his music, no matter how I'm feeling, I always wind up with a smile on my face. :love:
What's your favorite song, and what does it mean to you?
Mine is a tie between Vanilla Twilight and Hot Air Balloon, but that's just for today, I change my mind too often
Also, those songs make me feel like dancing :disco: except that my mom is watching, and she might laugh at me :blush:
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
Post RE: Owl City
on: June 03, 2010 06:23
I like some of his stuff. Me and my fiancé's favorite song is Vanilla Twilight. The only other one i've really heard is Fireflies.
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 05, 2010 02:16
My favorite is definitely Fireflies.

Did anyone see the dance that was done to this song on So You Think You Can Dance?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGzFpnU0WcQ

All the judges cried. I cried. It was touching.

Sorry if that was off topic. LOL!

FYI, even watching it again and again, I get chill bumps!

[Edited on 5/6/2010 by Atánion]
eyowen_the_queen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2010 04:03
I didn't see that dance number, sigh. Sadly, it was removed from youtube because of a copyright before I had a chance to watch it.
Have you read what Adam said his definition of Owl City is? It's really funny. I'll see if I can find that interview link later, but for now I must run, mom and I are going to watch a movie *yeah* :disco:
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 09, 2010 01:59
Okay, let's try this one :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUeMRif6vRU
eyowen_the_queen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 10, 2010 08:47
Thanks for posting that, it was amazing to watch. I love listening to the inspiration stories for some of these people, they make me grateful for all that I have.

Here's the quote from Adam Young

What exactly is Owl City?
A city where happy owls live, work, breathe, ride bikes and fly kites. They pick flowers, sing in the shower, salsa dance, swim in pools, knit sweaters and read dreamy books with happy endings. They roller skate, watch romantic movies, drive clean cars to church, hold hands on the beach and run on treadmills after they eat a lot of pizza. They enjoy vanilla skies, swinging on swing sets, walking in the rain, pajama parties, wearing fuzzy sweatshirts in the winter and imagining what it would be like to breathe underwater. Owl City is an innocent place where life is pleasant and enjoyable. It's a place where pretty owl girl flight attendants smile at handsome boy owls at 30,000 feet. It's a place where little owls sometimes get lost in grocery stores but they always find their momma's again. =]

If you want the full interview, here it is -
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=201526773&blogId=427410155
LOTR_obsessed_loony
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2011 10:02
Just popping in to proclaim my love for the amazingness that is Owl City. :love:
Originally I just listened to Fireflies and Vanilla Twilight over and over on Youtube, then tried Umbrella Beach, and then just ended up listening to more and more of them and getting totally hooked.
My favourite song is a tie between This is the Future ("...and you are aliiive...") and Hot Air Balloon. Maybe The Bird and the Worm edges in there. Of course, just my luck, I managed to get my hands on the albums just the other day and not one of them includes Hot Air Balloon. There's also that humorous one about wigs, which I found completely hysterical.
A city where happy owls live, work, breathe, ride bikes and fly kites. They pick flowers, sing in the shower, salsa dance, swim in pools, knit sweaters and read dreamy books with happy endings. They roller skate, watch romantic movies, drive clean cars to church, hold hands on the beach and run on treadmills after they eat a lot of pizza. They enjoy vanilla skies, swinging on swing sets, walking in the rain, pajama parties, wearing fuzzy sweatshirts in the winter and imagining what it would be like to breathe underwater. Owl City is an innocent place where life is pleasant and enjoyable. It's a place where pretty owl girl flight attendants smile at handsome boy owls at 30,000 feet. It's a place where little owls sometimes get lost in grocery stores but they always find their momma's again.
That's so cute. :heart: It reminds me of Elsewhere. Actually, I get reminded of Elsewhere a lot, listening to the Owl City songs, but I think it's just because I'm looking for the "references" now.
"...Though thereafter we may walk in the shadows, I will not go forth as a thief in the night." – Boromir, FotR, The Ring Goes South Image Image Image Image Image
TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
on: February 08, 2011 05:53
I remember a while ago when Owl City's Fireflies song was #1 on iTunes, so I listened to that and some other songs and wasn't too crazy about them. But then their song "Peppermint Winter" came out around Christmas and I :heart: that one. That one song has inspired me to try their music again. Maybe it just needed to grow on me!
Andromeda_of_Imladris
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2011 03:16
fireflies is my fav

have you guys seen 'Legend of the Guardians, Owls of Ga'Hoole'? there is a song buy owl city in it called 'Take to the Sky'
ImageImage
Caden
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2011 10:28
i like owl city
Caden
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2011 10:29
So, I searched for a topic devoted to Owl City and I couldn't find one, so I started one. :naughty:
Has anybody else heard of Owl City? I positively adore his music, personally because it's so uplifting and clean. When I listen to his music, no matter how I'm feeling, I always wind up with a smile on my face. :love:
What's your favorite song, and what does it mean to you?
Mine is a tie between Vanilla Twilight and Hot Air Balloon, but that's just for today, I change my mind too often
Also, those songs make me feel like dancing :disco: except that my mom is watching, and she might laugh at me :blush:

Dance anyway. I do and I don't care who watches. Have fun
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2011 10:33
I llisten to Owl City occasionally, but I haven't recently...fireflies is a pretty good song, actually.
Lindarielwen, I hope that wherever you are it is incredible and filled with all the things that you love. Looking forward to our next meeting.
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2011 09:41
Okay, let's try this one :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUeMRif6vRU

This link is not working man,update new one.

[Edited on 01/02/1987 by alezabed3thomson]
Eruvande~Elleth
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2011 04:08
OK, I love fireflies, but I love it even more after learning the sign language for it. The guy is very, very good! He also does a nice job of Miley Cirus' (yuck) "Party in the USA".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlxPp0vAniY

Enjoy!
lijahluver
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 24, 2011 02:01
I love Adam Young more than I love Owl City (: Haha, just his personality and stuff. But I really like his music too. I cannot stop playing "Alligator Sky." (the non-rap version, I don't really like rap lol)
CrimsonCupcake
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2011 11:16
I love Owl City! =D I love like, 99% of their songs. I really love Technicolour phase, but Fireflies is awesome as well.

(Strawberry Avalanche also holds a special place in my heart xD *munches on strawberries*)
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Go Owl City! I really like 'If My Heart Was a House' and 'Dear Vienna' and 'Silhouette'.

[Edited on 06/18/2013 by wolfbladequeen]
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Belegolas
Council Member
Send Message
I go to the contemporary afternoon service at my church, and at the end they always play Galaxies by Owl City. It's gotten to the point that even though the service is over, nobody leaves and just awkwardly stands around until they hear the intro and it's like, "Owl City's playing, it must be over." Ha ha! Seriously my youth pastor (technically former youth pastor who's leaving after the summer) is a huge fan and is always playing Owl City whenever we need music. I like Owl City too, especially Fireflies.
Aerena100
Council Member
Send Message
Not much beats a good Owl City song. Watched "Legend of the Guardians: Owls of Ga'Hool" the other day, and my favorite part was the Owl City song that played twice in it: 'To the Sky'
~ Golden eye, fiery scale, a drake of flame guards your mountain, and spells your doom ~ ~ Heirs of Durin, reclaim your throne. Send the beast to his watery tomb ~
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
We love Owl City! Whenever we have family and friends over for a cookout or something, we play the Midsummer Station album, mostly because its great music that isn't too 'religious' and yet has no vulgarity and sounds energetic and exciting That was a long sentence!! I like 'Good Time' and 'Dreams and Disasters' oh and Vanilla Twilight is absolutely adorable

Go Adam Young
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
My favorite song by them is Dreams and Disasters. They play it on out local Christian music station a little too often though. It used to be once every our, but its gone down quite a bit
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
None of the songs by Owl City get old to me. His lyrics are so amazing and he has such a good voice!
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Owl City is coming to...well, my city! Which is Buffalo, New York. Tickets for them are kind of expensive though, unfortunatly, and i dont know what kind of crowd will be drawn, so i feel that its safer for me not to go.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
Ethelynn just got invited to an Owl City concert with her friend...I'm very jealous.
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, I was told. And she needs a hand stamp so that they know she is underage cause there is a bar at the Harborside I look ed it up, and tickets are 24$. Not too bad, but the area the concert is being held in is.
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
Oh lol. Yeah, I could NOT see HER getting drunk! I'm still jealous. I would pay $24 for that. But the question is, will MOM let her go?
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email