Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Feyna
Council Member
Send Message
Post Merlin
on: June 11, 2010 05:35
Okay, who watches the show other then me?
Talk, complain and laugh, all about it here.

[Edited on 12/6/2010 by Feyna]
~Stella~
Elemmírë of Varda and Merry\'s Illustrated Supper
Send Message
Post RE: Merlin
on: June 19, 2010 05:09
I love the show!
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2010 01:05
I really enjoy Merlin, although I have seen only the first season. The special effects and the overall costumes and plot are really good for a television show, so it got me addicted from the very beggining. I am hoping to get the 2nd season now though.
Dream~Giver
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 24, 2010 06:07
While it's not exactly an accurate re-telling of the Arthurian Legend (don't hurt me!), I still enjoy watching it immensely.
Feyna
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 27, 2010 01:00
Don't worry we won't hurt you Dream~Giver. As for what you said think of it as different version of the tale.

I like the dragon I think the folks did a good job making him and matching the voice. Far as characters go Dragon is my favorite.:heart:

Oh, and cool avater ~Stella~
Harthad
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2010 03:21
Merlin is awesome! I've seen the first season and almost all of the second.

I like the humor, but I think that the second season is not as funny as the first season.

*shields herself from incoming fruit that may be thrown*
Talkeen43
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2010 09:17
I've watched the first season on HULU. I didn't even know there was a second. I do like the show.

One thing I've come to appreciate about shows that don't follow the books, or in other words, don't stick to the story, is that it's like watching your favorite characters get themselves into new and different "adventures",("Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things")
Feyna
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 18, 2010 03:33
Like with the King falling in 'love' with a troll? Gosh! I loved that episode! Or episodes since it was a two-parter. ^^
Harthad
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 29, 2010 01:15
I recently read King Arthur and I did notice the differences between the show and the book. Oh, the troll one? I loved that too! Has anyone seen the last episode? I thought the ending was a little clichéd.
Feyna
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2010 04:42
I saw it and yes it was a bit cliched. I want to know when they're going to put more shows out or was that just it?
Harthad
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 01, 2010 01:11
I think there's going to be a new season because on the last episode it said 'To be Continued. . . . ' so they're probably going to continue, otherwise they'd have us to answer to.
Feyna
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 01, 2010 12:09
Must of missed that last bit, thanks for the input Harthad. ^^
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Merlin
on: February 24, 2013 11:59
So, I'm jumping in really late, but I recently got into Merlin. I watched all four seasons on netflix in two weeks. Am I proud of this? Yes. I had to watch the fifth on youtube. I cried during the last two episodes.
I love King Arthur and the legends, and absolutely loved the way the show chose to portray everything. *in love*
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2013 10:09
Merlin has been on for 4 seasons and this 5th season is the last. They always seem to keep shows on that have no interest for me but as soon as I like a show and spend years watching it, off it goes. I have watched this show since the beginning and will hate to see it go.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
dwellerofthewest
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2013 06:49
Oh Oh I like merlin! Got bored the first season but I will start it up again... maybe
Ariadwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2013 04:06
I loved the show! Watched all 5 seasons within a month's time. I am sad that they ended it, but I do hope that they will make a final movie or something.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
I love watching Merlin! But I preferred the first series, when Morgana was just a bit of a rebel instead of all out evil.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
I enjoyed this series while it was on. Didn't mind the evil Morganna, but she wore much prettier dresses in the first seasons. I think some dispute between the show creators and writers and the studio caused it to end so abruptly.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
The Lady Idril
Council Member
Send Message
Well I'm about three years late into this discussion, but I'm bringing it back!
I just started watching Merlin on Netflix and already I am half way through the second season. It's true that the stories don't follow the original legend but that's alright with me (this version is more family friendly--sans the incest and adultery of the original). I absolutely adore all the characters [except Lancelot and Gwen! How dare you betray Arthur like that? D':] Just wondering--do we have any shippers here? Going WAY against canon, I ship Morgana and Merlin and I ship Lancelot with a dark hole where he can live alone (sorry, I got a bit ranty there...). Anyway, do we have any ships here?
The Lady Idril, Princess of Gondolin, Este Realm Member, www.loveroflembas.blogspot.com
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
Personally, I thought they handled the Lancelot-Guenivere problem incredibly well in the TV series. In the original story, it is all Guenivere hitting on Lancelot, but Merlin shows all the drama as a result of long-lost love and evil love potions. Much less painful than full-out betrayal!! Anyways, I am a dedicated King Arthur devotee, and I enjoyed Merlin also very much, though the non-canon parts took me a while to love and appreciate. Now, it is officially one of my absolute favorite BBC TV series.

(I privately shipped Merlin and Morgana too!! I thought I was the only crazy one!! )
The Lady Idril
Council Member
Send Message
Haha I always shipped Merlin and Morgana because I felt like they were the only people who could really understand each other, what with their powers and such.

I am not very far into the series and the only episode I have really seen Lancelot in is he one where he and Gwen are captured and held for ransom and Arthur (SPOILER) rescues them. I just remember that one scene when Arthur is pulling the grate off to escape and he is so excited to have rescued Gwen--and the he sees them and his face is just...so...sad...I guess coming from the other versions of the legends I was already biased against them, but maybe I will feel differently as I watch more.

I am glad there are people still around this forum I can fangirl with
The Lady Idril, Princess of Gondolin, Este Realm Member, www.loveroflembas.blogspot.com
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Mae govannen Lady Idril! Welcome!

I watched an early episode of Merlin the other day as they are re-running the series here on ABC3.

I kind of 'fanboy' or "ship" as you say, Morgana in this series as I am a fan of Katie McGrath. The series did a decent 'alt take' of the legend and took it through a lighter, somewhat graphic novel comic book style, and its best to go into watching it as such. Aside from Morgana, I liked the way they handled Mordred, and Morgause was a good story line!
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
The Lady Idril
Council Member
Send Message
Why, thank you!
I agree with you, Arveleg
Yesterday I saw some cast videos from Merlin that cracked me up and I thought you all might enjoy them too: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5yr3rWkZ53Q and https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EMf5g6KJg60
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email