Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Frodo~the~Second
Council Member
Send Message
Post Help with everything... <:-)
on: December 21, 2010 12:31
Hey! Menel and I are new here, and we have some questions.
First, about pictures. If you make a collage of, say, a couple screenshots from a couple different websites and try to post it on here, is that not allowed? We don't really know *anything* about that kind of legal blah blah copyright stuff, being under eighteen years of age. How do you get premission to use a picture from another website?
Second, about caption contests (which are genius ). Can you submit a picture for that or is it website-runner-dudes only? And can you submit (if you can submit) a picture that is already in the gallery, but not in the captions?
Third, what in the Shire is Role-playing, and is there a right or wrong way to do it?
More later. Thanks!
~F.II & P.T.G.O.T.C (Frodo the Second & Peregrin Took, Guard of the Citadel):heart:
Loslote
Mother Goose of Vána & CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: Help with everything... <:-)
on: December 21, 2010 10:52
I'm not sure about most of this, but I do know that only the Humor Admin (or whoever is assigned to that particular duty) can upload new caption contest images. And I'll combine questions with your other thread - as far as I know, there's no limit as to how many captions you can submit, but I personally would suggest choosing your favorites so that a) other people's captions are relatively easy to find and b) you don't get bored by it (I find thinking a bit harder about the captions makes it more entertaining ).

Hope this helped.
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
Post RE: Help with everything... <:-)
on: December 22, 2010 02:48
EruanaAndMenel

It might help if you introduced yourself(selves) in the Newbie section and perhaps ask some of your questions there. Beyond that, I can address the role playing question.

Role playing is a form of gaming whereby someone comes up with a storyline and posts the outline in the OOC (out of Character) forum or one of the actual playing forums, TR (Tolkien related) or TT (Totally Tolkien). Other players then join in and post to move the storyline along. The best thing I can suggest is to read some posts in each of the above mentioned forums to get a feel for how the stories go. But even more important is to read the Rules and Guidelines at the top of each of the three forums. There you'll find descriptions of how to roleplay as well as the do's and don'ts of role playing here on CoE.

Enjoy and carry on!
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email