Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Caden
Council Member
Send Message
Post Why?
on: March 31, 2011 10:01
Why did you decide to join CoE? Besides loving LOTR, is there any other reason? Like, loneliness, bordom, friends already on here, ect?
I joined because I just needed some people who I have something in common with to talk to. Everyone in the 'real' world doesnt get it, so i went digital to find someone how does
How about you?
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Why?
on: March 31, 2011 10:40
All of the above except for friends on here...until a few days ago, Caden.
Lindarielwen, I hope that wherever you are it is incredible and filled with all the things that you love. Looking forward to our next meeting.
lordoftheringer
Assistant Ghost of Mandos
Send Message
on: April 03, 2011 03:16
My reason is the same as your, Caden, no one seems to get who I am and why I am so passionate about LOTR. I have already made some friends in Mandos, my awesomely devious realm, and I hope to make some here.
"The more tragic things get, the more I feel like laughing." - Mat Cauthon
Caden
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2011 08:11

aw, thanks . I am now up to two friends on here!
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2011 10:53
4 friends...got u beat lol jk have a good day

aw, thanks . I am now up to two friends on here!
Lindarielwen, I hope that wherever you are it is incredible and filled with all the things that you love. Looking forward to our next meeting.
Gwenniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 08, 2011 08:46
I joined it because of the same classic reasons: the language lessons and the awsome and interesting discussions I wanted to participate in. I know very few RL people outside my family who actually know who e.g. Lúthien was. C'mon she's in Lotr, too!
~Laesneniel~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2011 07:55
I joined because I was a little tired of trying to explain and talk about LotR with my very clueless friends who have yes, seen the movies but aren't that into them like I am. I needed people who understood! Plus I am extremely interested in cooking foods from Middle-Earth (cant wait to try my hand at making Lembas), learning more about the histories and the languages.
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2011 08:04
Same as everyone else. I got tired of nobody understanding me.
Frodo~the~Second
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2011 09:19
All of the above, Caden.

~Frodo (the Second)
Caden
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 24, 2011 11:06
haha, y'all are a riot! i cant believe i almost abandoned this site! haha, Laesneniel, i want to try making lembus too, but after an attempt at making a grav-ee krisp, i sort of decided to leave strange food to the pros!
Lilypad
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 24, 2011 11:32
Heya everyone, I am Lily :wave: and new to this site. I joined to explore my inner geek which I keep carefully hidden while at school. I am known more as the athlete, the girl who is more interested in clothes, boys and sport. Honestly I joined CoE to write because I adore writing, always have ever since I was five. I think my parents are the only people who truly know the full extent of my absolute adoration for writing and reading.

Caden if you want another friend count me in! You seem like a very lovely person and your name, Caden is wicked!
Caden
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2011 03:46
Heya everyone, I am Lily :wave: and new to this site. I joined to explore my inner geek which I keep carefully hidden while at school. I am known more as the athlete, the girl who is more interested in clothes, boys and sport. Honestly I joined CoE to write because I adore writing, always have ever since I was five. I think my parents are the only people who truly know the full extent of my absolute adoration for writing and reading.

Caden if you want another friend count me in! You seem like a very lovely person and your name, Caden is wicked!

haha! Thank you so much! I'd LOVE another friend! another fellow writer as well!!! you really like my name? i just chose it at random from a fanfiction i wrote! sure, i'll add you as a friend!
Nessa Sindanarie
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Why?
on: December 01, 2012 03:13
i actually only joined because my friend made me......but i am glad she did now lol
''I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!'' - Bilbo Baggins of Bag End
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2012 04:23
I joined, mostly for the Language Lessons. But now I keep on coming back for the people, and the immense love that everyone has for LoTR.
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2012 08:23
I joined because my brother kept bugging me to. I thought it would pointless and boring, but boy was I wrong!
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2012 09:42
I do not even remember how I came to find this wonderful site. I joined because I simply loved the LOTR trilogy. I never imagined that I would have such fun and meet so many interesting people who also share my love for Middle-Earth. Besides that, there is no one in my real world who "gets it."

A star shines upon the hour of our meeting

My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Tom Bombadill
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2012 09:39
I joined at first just for the language lessons, which then, and still do, interest me a lot. But I really started actually doing things when I was encouraged so by my friend Lindarielwen. She got me active and that is my story.

COE is a great LOTR website, where you can meet people that understand you and your passion for the LOTR, which other people seem to be incapable of doing.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2012 12:43
Tom Bombadill, do you remember the first thing you ever said to me? I am delighted that I have played a small part in encouraging you to explore this site and get more involved with all the many things there are to do here. Savo lass a laliath, na-den pedim ad.

Gil sila erin lu e govaned vin
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Tom Bombadill
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2012 01:27
I know I have already said this but yes, I do remember now. I said I was bored, and looking for something to do. Can't believe now that I ever said that. There si so much to do on COE! One big thankyou Lindarielwen! A star truely shines on you.
dwellerofthewest
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2012 11:01
I joined beacuase no one really "got it" and I had been on this site but not a member for about two years then I joined. I love it
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2013 03:37
I was actually surfing the Internet for something and i happened upon COE. i asked my mom if i could join and she said ok! Yeah! i am so glad i wanted to! there are so many nice people on here!
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
I found a link to it from another website, then saw the forums and decided to join so that I could explore it!
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I joined cause I was using the Sindarin resources for a long time, then I told lotrelessar about the resources, and she joined officially. I didnt join until about a month after her constant calls and emails to ask if I joined Just kidding! They werent constant...
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email