Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
cirdaneth
Books Admin & Books Forum Moderator
Send Message
Post ELROND'S LIBRARY: NEWS
on: April 11, 2011 05:05
Exciting news from Elrond's Library. The menu has sprouted a new item ...

The Silmarillion Survival Guide

Dolwen and her realmers at Realm of Vaire have spent many months putting this resource together, including all the coding for format and illustrations, (which spared me from showing my woeful ignorance in that respect). They have done a wonderful job and it's well worth a look. I have no doubt that it will become a valuable reference for us all.

Congratulations, Dolwen and everyone at Vaire. :disco:

cirdaneth
Send Message
Post RE: ELROND'S LIBRARY: NEWS
on: January 01, 2012 01:27
HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone from Books Forum and the rest of Elrond's Library.

When you've all recovered from the winter holidays I'll be bowling you some curvy new threads, and continuing to revive some old ones or renew them for fresh discussion ... maybe from a new angle.

2012 also sees us tidying up the remaining Encyclopedia terms relating to the Hobbit. It's been a long haul but we're nearly there. I know we asked for help a year or two back, but in the end there were so many facts to check that PB and I had to go it alone. Many thanks to those who contributed, and offered to. We are relying on you to point out any errors or additions we should deal with.

So have a good New Year everyone, and try to contain yourselves until the release of the first Hobbit movie whereupon we shall have to be on our toes as a fresh influx of young members put us on the spot.

Warmest regards ... Cirdaneth.
cirdaneth
Send Message
Post Re: ELROND
on: March 08, 2012 05:38
So here we are with CoE ten years old and on a shiny new platform ... yess presciouss. We know it will take getting used to, and that not everyone will like it, but sometimes change has to happen. There will be teething problems, PB and I have to find our way around the new editing spaces, bear with us and all will be well.

Personally, I find the new look refreshing and look forward to Rivka reinstating many of the facilities that are temporarily suspended. Programming takes time. Meanwhile, Books Forum will operate as it always has, so keep posting to our threads and starting new and interesting conversations. Onward and upward ...
cirdaneth
Send Message
Well ... it's been very quiet in Books Forum lately. Partly my fault for failing to stimulate discussion. I shall try to do better. Meanwhile the rest of Elrond's Library is undergoing thorough checks for problems caused by our change of platform. There is a wealth of material there so it has to be an ongoing project.

Encyclopedia: The other ongoing project. This continues slowly to ensure all entries relating to The Hobbit are up-to-date. Of necessity some entries have been edited/rewritten for their Hobbit content, leaving the later LotR/Sil etc content as it was. Hobbit stuff is about three-quarters done. The rest will come in time. Bear with us please.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email