Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Lilypad
Council Member
Send Message
Post A Rose by any other name Ooc
on: June 09, 2011 10:43
Heya everyone, I’m still new at this but here it goes. This is for A Rose by any other name. Anyone is welcome to join, this is a nonscripted rp, come join and have fun.

The plot so far is basically that Rose has run away from home (in Dol Amroth) and is in search of adventure and knowledge, seeing Middle-Earth basically, she may visit the Shire, Arwen’s burial mound, Erebor, Imladris...

If anyone has any ideas to expand this plot, add to the story or go in an entirely different direction I would be much obliged.
Cheers!

[Edited on 13/6/2011 by Lilypad]
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: A Rose by any other name Ooc
on: June 30, 2011 06:25
I've been considering joining this RP. It has lots of potential. I haven't been on here in years and I miss it. So if you wouldn't mind, I think I'll have a go at it.

Not sure which character of mine would be best suited for this thread. If you'd like, you might have a look at my list in the Character Database (http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=RPG&file=index&action=viewcharacter&pn_uid=889 and tell me which you think would be most appropriate for your story.

Edit: I'm thinking perhaps Myre? But 'tis your story and plot, so I'd be happy to bring in any of my characters.

[Edited on 30/6/2011 by ~Háthien_Oronar~]
Veryamorcon
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2011 10:38
Could I join with an orphaned elf, Medlion; who is also traveling Middle Earth and is currentley in Gondor.
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 01, 2011 03:42
Can I join with my twins:

Nenor

and:

Noron

[Edited on 1/7/2011 by Nínimelle]

[Edited on 6/8/2011 by Nínimelle]
Lilypad
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2011 07:39
Welcome ~Háthien_Oronar~, Veryamorcon, and Nín! Feel free to post away!

~Háthien_Oronar~: Myre sounds lovely. What is her personality like now I am curious? Hehe.

Veryamorcon: Medlion sounds great.

Nín: Nenor and Noron look great as always.

Right, so I was thinking Rose is traveling from Dol Amroth toward Anfalas at the moment. To go around the White Mountains rather than over them Rose is headed for Anfalas, then to the Shire, probably Bree along the way, possibly Imladris, and I sort of wanted her to end up in Esgaroth (also known as Lake Town in the Hobbit) and see Erebor. She could also visit Cerin Amloth to pay homage to Arwen?

Any thoughts? Anyone and everyone could run into her on her travels to Anfalas perhaps?
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2011 08:35
Perhaps she meets the twins just outside Dol Amroth, because they were visiting there?
Lilypad
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2011 08:51
That sounds perfect Nin! Please go ahead and post the twins whenever you like. If you don't have an idea as to how they could run into them either Rose and Percy (her friend who I see sort of as like a Samwise character but a bit more dorky) could be arguing over what they will eat. Or Rose and Percy could be trying to make a fire, with little success, and Percy is complaining and Rose is defending her lack of outdoorsy skills by saying that her father always made the fire when they traveled and she tended to the horses. I dunno really, you could have any number of reasons for the twins running into them.
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2011 08:53
I just posted for the twins
Lilypad
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 11, 2011 07:48
Lovely post Nín! And feel free to jump right in whenever you like ~Háthien_Oronar~, and Veryamorcon.

And I may add another character Earwen a stubborn and sort of taciturn, icy sort of elf to contrast with Rose's sweet and bubbly nature. But I won't add her until I sort out where exactly she should come in. If anyone needs an opening and can think of a good idea with her that would be lovely as well, but no worries if you don't. Take care everyone!
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 11, 2011 08:02
Earwen sounds very good. I think that she might now the twins, having lived in Eryn Lasgalen. And perhaps she followed them because she either: 1) doesn't trust them, 2) is their friend or 3) she was ordered to follow them.
Lilypad
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 11, 2011 08:20
Thanks Nín! Earwen could know the twins. I like your idea of her being ordered to follow them, but why would she be ordered to do so? Also she has trust issues so she regularly doesn't trust people, but that is beside the point, hehe.

Take care,
-Lily
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 11, 2011 08:28
Well, the twins are known as real fighters and sometimes are very silent so perhaps her father doesn't trust them because of that silence and thinks they plan something.
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2011 05:09
I kind of disappeared there, didn't I? Sorry about that!

Alright, so Myre it is. I think she sounds the most plausible to be traipsing about in the region Rose is in currently. What with her family history, she makes frequent trips to Dol Amroth. So, if it's alright, I'll just jump in then.

As to Myre's personality, she's one of my newer characters whose profile I need to add to yet. I'm excited for the opportunity to fiddle around with her in your thread, Lilypad. But I digress. Her personality is generally noble, kind hearted and genial. She can be fairly sarcastic, however, and also very stubborn. She's a general mish mash of Gondorian and Rohirric attributes, I think.

Thanks again!
Linoel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2011 09:50
Thanks so much for letting me join this thread, Lilypad! Really excited about where this is going. Great characters, everyone!

Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2011 01:05
*sends out virtuel pieces of my birthday cake* Have a nice day people. Today's my birthday and I'm going to one of the shows of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2.
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2011 07:47
I'm going to Poland tomorrow, but we can just keep posting. I'll be online as much as possible.
Lilypad
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2011 07:12
Lovely posts everyone! And Veryamorcon whenever you come back you are welcome to post anytime you like with Medlion.

Happy Birthday Nin! Harry Potter is brilliant! That is all I am going to say, hehe.

I am rethinking how Earwen will enter the picture, still not sure, she may enter later. But I was thinking about details, such as what time in the fourth age should this be set in do you think? At the beginning, middle, end?

I am only asking because I am trying to figure out Earwen's age and when she was born. If she is 100 or about 150 she is barely thought of as an adult (I am guessing about 17-18 in human years). I put 100-200 just to be safe. So then in relation to the timeline what year do you think it should be ladies? Hope that made some kind of sense.
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2011 07:26
I hope I didn't bore anyone with my new post

I know Harry Potter was awesome! I saw the last movie, just brilliant!

The time is surely after the War of the Ring, so I would say middle fourth age where Elessar is still king.

Judging my post, the twins are absolutely horribly stubborn

[Edited on 19/7/2011 by Nínimelle]
Lilypad
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2011 12:47
Really splendid posts everyone! I am loving these characters.

Your post was fab Nín! It was brilliant! Now I am sad that it's all over though, but it was still wonderful! ;D

Okay thanks Nín, middle of fourth age. So does that mean if Earwen was born at the beginning of the fourth age should she be a few hundred years old? Say for instance should she be 400 rather than 100-200 years of age? I am really terrible with dates, numbers and ages is the only reason I ask.

The lovely BerethEdhellen sent me a pm which was most helpful to let me know that elves are thought of as nearly adults once they've reached 100-150, so in human years I am assuming that means they appear to be about 18 years of age? Aaanyways, I wanted to try and sort out Earwen's proper age and 'the gang's' timeline, you know since Rose would then be born in the middle of the fourth age? What do you think ladies? Also just out of curiousity what age were Noron and Nenor born into Nín?

And last but not least, because he has become more of a character than I originally intended I made a profile for Percy where you can view him in all his glory, hehe.
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 23, 2011 05:30
Nenor and Noron were born in the Third Age, for they've seen the War of the Ring. I might need to change their ages though. I am not good with dates either. But they've seen the War, so I would say Third Age.
Lilypad
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 23, 2011 07:31
Hehe, it's alright I am terrible with dates and things. Right, so I posted again, hope that's alright. I felt inspired, sort of.

About plotiness, what do you ladies thing? Any big ideas on what you want to happen in this thread? I mean it can be more than simply a group of travelers traveling together if you want? There could be a reason Thal was attacked by orcs, or Noron and Nenor were attacked by humans? Just a thought, hehe.

[Edited on 23/7/2011 by Lilypad]
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 23, 2011 07:38
Noron and Nenor were attacked by humans.

As for their descriptions: very good, only Noron's hair is raven-black instead of ebony.

[Edited on 24/7/2011 by Nínimelle]
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: July 23, 2011 05:26
Nínimelle

Please check your pm's.
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 24, 2011 01:13
I am sorry BerethEdhellen for the way that I have portrayed my elves. I will change it and make sure that they are more of the elves that Tolkien made.
Lilypad
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 12, 2011 10:58
Is anyone still here? Sorry for my disappearance, enjoying summer and that, hope everyone is well!
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 13, 2011 04:06
I am here
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email