Author Topic:
gwendeth
Accounts Admin, Sindarin Mod & Head Stargazer of Varda
Send Message
Post OOC: The Red Arrow
on: June 09, 2012 08:35
Hello all Roleplayers!

A quote from LOTR Appendix A, under the Third Line of the Kings of the Mark:
"In Gondor the King Elessar now ruled... - ...and Eomer took again the Oath of Eorl. Often he fulfilled it. For though Sauron had passed, the hatreds and evils he bred had not died, and the King of the West had many enemies to subdue before the White Tree could grow in peace. And wherever King Elessar went with war King Eomer went with him; and beyond the Sea of Rhûn and on the far fields of the South the thunder of the cavalry of the Mark was heard..."

I think this gives a great premise for the possibility of an RP featuring the folk of Gondor and Rohan against the remnants of Sauron's forces.

I did some research and it seems there were two methods of communication to bring forth the Oath of Eorl: the beacons along the White Mountains (as were used in ROTK) is one, and the other was the delivery of a red arrow brought from Gondor to the King of Rohan.

At the moment, I think "forces of men against forces of evil" is a bit vague, but again, I think that something could be formulated for a good TR rp thread.

Some notes for myself as the RP thread originator:

- Despite recommending this for TR, I am personally a "stickler" to keep things as close to Tolkien's writing as possible.
- Adherence to all Roleplaying rules and regs is expected to help keep things on track, and particularly within the expectations of a Tolkien-Related thread since there is some latitude between it and TT.
- I prefer a plotline that has a *specific* goal - e.g. a particular "baddie" to take out, and once that is done (with accompanying twists and turns of course!), the RP then comes to a logical conclusion.
- I prefer no more than 4-5 people to participate because otherwise it becomes difficult to continue if someone can't get online for any length of time.
- I ask that if someone participating *does* have an extended absence (yep it's vacation time lol!) that they send me a Private Message (PM) and give me some idea of how long the absence will be and how to handle any characters during that absence so that the RP can continue at a decent pace and not get stuck in a "waiting mode".

All thoughts and suggestions for a specific plotline are eagerly accepted for discussion in this OOC thread.
"Tolo si, a tiro i cherth Eru" "Come now, and see the works of God"
gwendeth
Send Message
Post Re: OOC: The Red Arrow
on: June 09, 2012 08:45
Hmm apparently can't edit my own post, lol so apologies for the double-post.

Some thoughts on possible "baddies":
The Haradrim
The Easterlings
Remnants of orcs and uruk-hai

I also did see a note in some other research that eventually the Easterlings sued for peace with Gondor, so that could be one logical conclusion to the RP.
gwendeth
Send Message
on: June 09, 2012 08:45
Hmm apparently can't edit my own post, lol so apologies for the double-post.

Some thoughts on possible "baddies":
The Haradrim
The Easterlings
Remnants of orcs and uruk-hai

I also did see a note in some other research that eventually the Easterlings sued for peace with Gondor, so that could be one logical conclusion to the RP.
Lilypad
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2012 12:31
Hi Gwendeth, this sounds interesting, and really fun. Could I join? I will have a think on some characters.
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2012 01:31
I like to join but I wanted to know if I need more than one character? Do I need to PM to join?
"All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us"
gwendeth
Send Message
on: June 12, 2012 03:23
Hi Lilypad, you would be most welcome.

Beren, you are also welcome to join.

I would prefer no more than 2 characters per person - otherwise it can get complicated trying to keep track of everyone lol!

In doing some more pondering, we could make the premise the last few battles before the Easterlings sue for peace.

We would of course need someone to play King Elessar (Aragorn). I would like to take King Eomer.

Other possible characters:
A few Gondorian soldiers
A Gondorian messenger to take the Red Arrow from Minas Tirith to Edoras (could also be a Gondorian soldier)
A few Rohirrim
An Easterling and/or Haradric leader (lol someone will have to lead the enemy and then sue for peace!)
Possibly a few Easterling/Harradrim soldiers
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2012 05:14
I am willing to portray Aragorn and I would love to be a Rohirric soldier.
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: June 12, 2012 10:52
I will be moving this thread to the OOC forum within the next two days (leaving this here long enough for you all to read this). Please wait to post again until it's moved. Thank you.

BerethEdhellen, RPG Moderator
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
gwendeth
Send Message
on: June 12, 2012 10:56
Oops did I post it in the wrong place? lol sorry thought I'd got it in the OOC forum. my apologies, ber!
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2012 01:46
Jus wondering if this is still on? Like are we still going to do it?
gwendeth
Send Message
on: June 20, 2012 03:22
As far as I know it is - once we have a specific plot & characters outlined.
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2012 04:32
I'll be waiting!
Lilypad
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2012 11:25
Heya Gwendeth I have Arandir and Cenaluin who could be your messengers? Cena could be the messenger with the Red Arrow because her horse is very fast but her brother Arandir (also a Gondorian soldier) could accompany her, to protect her, and because they are trusted by the King? I don’t have to use them, I have many more character ideas rattling around in my brain, but I do enjoy playing a brother/sister duo.
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2012 09:31
I have another question if I am going to use a Roleplaying character do I need to create one and and "chronicle" him/her like Lilypad did? Also when are we going to get started on the figuring out what is going to happen in the story?
Lilypad
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2012 07:58
If you want to, but I don't know if it is needed for characters such as Aragorn, but sometimes it helps to sort out who exactly your character is if he/she is your original character. I hope that helps.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email