Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Post LOTR Strategy Game
on: June 21, 2012 10:53
Hello everyone! I don't know if anybody would be interested, but I just found an open-source project for an LOTR strategy game. It looks kinda dusty, but you look into. Sign up as an: Essayist, Game Designer / Design Consultant, 3D Modeler / Animator, Texture Artist, Musician, or a Sound Designer. Like I said its a bit dusty, but with a bit of help, it might start rolling again. Oh, and you can also check out their other game, 0 A.D.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
I would be very interested!
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Do you have more information?
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Unfortunately, the project is no longer active. At the time of my post, they had not said whether they were still working on it, but here is a statement from their website now.

"TLA (The Last Alliance, the game's name) is a defunct concept for a video game based on works of J.R.R. Tolkien, that was developed by volunteers as a non-profit, educational initiative.

Some of the concepts were implented in code, but the software development of this project has been long discontinued.

What remains of TLA is a set of texts which study and interpret Tolkien's works (i.e. criticism, comment, scholarship and research) and a set of original artwork inspired by Tolkien's works."

They also still have their forums avalible (archived), right here http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showforum=141. And here is a link to the concept art http://wildfiregames.com/tla/concepts.html. It is too bad they stopped. It was going to include all the battles and stuff from most of the major books I think.

[Edited on 06/16/2013 by Leoflic_Nightleaf]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email