Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Lilypad
Council Member
Send Message
Post Bree Adventure TR
on: June 22, 2012 10:48
It is officially summer! To signify this momentous occasion I thought that I might suggest a new rp, since my other attempts have rather fizzled out.

This story will be centered around Bryna, a pregnant young woman who runs away from home the night before her wedding, and the adventures that ensue. She lives in Bree, bring all Breelanders, men, hobbits, maybe even an elf, and a dwarf along the way? She will first travel toward the Shire and then wherever anyone wishes.

All thoughts and suggestions for a specific plotline are greatly appreciated and eagerly accepted for discussion in this OOC thread. This will be set in the TR section, and take place in the fourth age, but keep things as close to Tolkien's writing as possible (not a lot of elves in the fourth age for instance). All I ask is that you please follow rules and guidelines set out by our lovely CoE moderators, thank you. As always I am terrible with titles so if anyone has a suggestion on that as well it is most welcome.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
Post Re: Bree Adventure TR
on: August 19, 2012 05:09
Hi Lily! Once they gets up and going, I'll be joining with Talfryn...(I'll get his bio linked here soon!).
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Lilypad
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2012 07:50
I am alive! That sounds fantastic. I love Talfryn!
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: September 04, 2012 07:09
Sooo... has this RP started yet? I had an idea for a grumpy hobbit who really just wanted safe passage to [unknown] destination and not all this riff-raff. Somehow he'll get involved in everything (probably not by his choice). I don't really write hobbits so it would be a nice challenge and change.
Lilypad
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2012 09:17
Nope, it hasn't started yet. A grumpy hobbit sounds great Eruce! Any ideas on where they should travel and what should happen to them?
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: September 04, 2012 10:27
Well, I figured he could meet the other characters in Bree, since he is looking for others to travel with. They could be headed to Rohan or Gondor or some other place like that, and he wants to go to Rivendell. But he ends up travelling with them all the way or something. I don't know, just throwing ideas out there.

Fosco Bolger of Bywater
Lilypad
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2012 11:58
Eruce I love Frosco! He sounds great.

Dinen thought that for Talfryn:
Talfryn is a carpenter and blacksmith, and he could be traveling to one of the smaller areas outside of Bree (Archet, Staddle, Combe) to sell his wares, and he comes across her.

Bryna is going to run away (which is where I thought we could start with) and maybe Talfryn could come across Bryna in Archet, Staddle, or Combe as well as Frosco? I only just realised I made Bryna's surname Archet, hehe.

As for their journey I love that Frosco will go all the way with them. Being excited for the Hobbit film got me thinking, what if Frosco mentions Rivendell, and Bryna really wants to see the elves, but also wants to see the Misty Mountain because she has heard stories of old and since Rivendell is on the way they go there first? Or they could also go to Rohan or Gondor, or that could be after the Misty Mountain?

On another note, Bryna and her family probably lived in Bree proper, but her father probably worked in Combe since it was primarily populated by Men, most or all of whom made a living from agriculture, so Bryna, knowing the way, would probably head for Combe and on from there? Would that be alright with everyone? And it was just a thought, it doesn't have to be used.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: September 05, 2012 12:17
I think it makes more sense for Frosco to travel to Archet/Combe/Staddle than Rivendell. I couldn't think of anything else. But Rivendell could still be on the trip. He could be going to one of those towns to taste the local beer. Perhaps he gets tipsy and someone helps him or something.

Perhaps they all just travel around? Rivendell, then Misty Mountains, then Rohan, then Gondor? Meeting people and situations along the way, building relationships.
Lilypad
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2012 12:18
That sounds grand to me Eruce! Any ideas for a title, I am terrible at titles.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: September 05, 2012 11:22
How about a different trip? Like to Erebor or something? Seeing as everyone ALWAYS makes it to Gondor, it could be fun to go elsewhere. I'd have to do some research, but maybe we could see if there would be any treasure...(sorry, I'm in a Hobbit movie mood right now!).

Eruce, is it Fosco or Frosco? Sorry, had to ask! You have Fosco in the database and Frosco here.
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Lilypad
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 06, 2012 12:03
Ooo yes I am in a Hobbit mood as well, hehe. To Erebor sounds lovely. Maybe they could go to Rivendell by way of the East-West Road and through the Trollshaws? Then would they take the Old Forest Road through Mirkwood (with the giant spiders) like Bilbo and up to Esgaroth and Erebor?

Then if you want as a sort of part two we could always have them travel back through Mirkwood, or go through the Brown Lands (but I dunno it you two would want that it seems like some uncharted territory) Emyn Muil or The Dead Marshes and either to Rohan or Gondor/Minas Tirith, or even around to Dol Amroth if you really had your hearts set on it?

Oh and sorry I think that was my fault, I accidentally wrote Frosco instead of Fosco. Is it Fosco?

I posted here under the title: The Unexpected Fellowship… but we can change the title if either of you think of something better, hehe. Also I decided on Combe, it seemed the most northern, closest to Rivendell if that is alright? Of course I can edit/change anything in the post, or the entire post for that matter. And I mentioned that Fosco the hobbit was there, actually I mentioned that Bryna saw a hobbit so it doesn’t have to be Fosco, but again I can change that as well if you want Eruce. Sorry it is not the best post ever, but it will do I suppose.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: September 06, 2012 01:19
bwahaha. Oh, it's Fosco or Frosco, whichever one I'm in the mood for at the the time. No, it's supposed to be Fosco. Sorry for the confusion.

Erebor sounds much better! It makes for something different. They could all have heard tall tales about different things from Bilbo's adventure, particularly Fosco.

I like the mention of a hobbit. I'll have Bryna and the other character meet and stuff, and then they will find Fosco along the road just outside of Combe. He'll be drunk. lol
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: September 06, 2012 05:27
Archet is actually the furthest north, but I think Combe is also best because it is the most populated by Men. To Erebor we go!

Lovely post, Lily! I will try to post sometime soon...of course, the server is down at my job so it may be happening sooner than later!
Lilypad
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 06, 2012 10:16
Oh, right, I got them mixed up but I still like Combe because it is mostly populated by men.

Thank you, I am glad you liked it Dinen, and Eruce!

By the way since I know very little about pregnancy and was wondering how many months/days will it take for them to reach Erebor from Combe? I want to plan on Bryna having her baby there and something very sad might happen there so I wanted to plan out the nine months. Knowing how long it will take will help me figure out how far along she should be at the start of their journey.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email