Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
Post Guidelines for Gallery Submissions - PLEASE READ if you plan to submit pictures
on: June 28, 2012 10:42
Seems that in the new digs, there isn't any room for guidelines on the gallery submissions page. However, they haven't changed with the move. And, as the editing and resizing pictures requires more work here than on the old site, it is even more important that you follow these guidelines to get your pictures published.

1. Please make sure that the pictures you submit aren't all too big. The rule for the old site was a maximum width of 600 pixels and the maximum file size of 100 kb, and I think it's still good; some exceptions can be made for good reasons. However, if you submit pictures sized 4000x3000 pixels or something like that, you may have to wait for quite a while until they get put up!

2. Only Tolkien themed artwork, please! This is a Tolkien fansite, so we won't accept fan art for other franchises or artwork that has no connection to Tolkien's works.

3. The general rating of this site is PG-13, and that goes for any pictures as well.

4. SUBMITTING SOMEONE ELSE'S ARTWORK AS YOUR OWN IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN! It is also a breach of copyright laws. Anyone caught from doing so will get a serious warning and has to post a public apology on this forum, or, in the most blatant cases, will be banned from the site. Also, please don't submit any artist's works even properly credited unless you have a written permission from that artist (which you'll have to prove by sending me a copy of the original message).

If you have anything to ask, please send me a private message.

- Morwin
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
Post Re: Guidelines for Gallery Submissions - PLEASE READ if you plan to submit pictures
on: January 06, 2013 02:08
Just a reminder: Please make sure that the pictures you submit aren't all too big. Recently, there have been several submissions of photos and fan art that have been so big that they don't fit on the page even on a large widescreen! You may have to wait for long to get such pictures up, especially because the resizing procedure isn't as handy now as it was on the old site.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email