Post Who is your favourite charactor
on: August 19, 2012 05:40
Who is your favourite charactor from any book
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Who is your favourite charactor
on: August 24, 2012 07:09
Well, I really like Beorn from the Hobbit. Um, i love the dwarves. I also really like the Dúnedain
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2012 06:52
Very hard, there are a ton of good ones...mayhaps Ecthelion, Warden of the South Gate? Or Beleg Cuthalion....Mablung the Heavy-Handed...Fingolfin, Fingon, Gil-Galad. So many choices...funny thing is, they all died in combat.
Lindarielwen, I hope that wherever you are it is incredible and filled with all the things that you love. Looking forward to our next meeting.
cirdaneth
Books Admin & Books Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: August 26, 2012 04:19
I'm very fond of Gandalf, but my favourite has to be Cirdan, whose foresight and understanding averted disaster in Middle-earth many times over ten millenia or more.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2012 04:43
From the LotR trilogy though it would probably be Aragorn. And than Legolas, Merry, and Gimli i guess.
RimmoldadTheWizard
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 07, 2012 06:46
I would have to say my top favorite is Túrin Turambar. Next would be Fingolfin, Beleg, Maedhros, Fingon, Sauroman, Gothmog, Turgon, and Fëanor.
dfneilso
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 07, 2012 06:48
Wow talk about non-specific Rimmoldad. If I had to choose (just from the original trilogy that is)I would say Boromir, much to the dismay of my fellows in the University of Alberta Tolkien Society lol
cirdaneth
Books Admin & Books Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: September 07, 2012 10:11
I see where you're coming from, dfneilso. Boromir was a basic, no-frills human being, doing his best in the light of his up-bringing and the needs of his people. He could deal with physical enemies but was no match for the kind of mind-games played by the Ring and its Master.
dfneilso
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 07, 2012 10:13
Exactly he was Human! He bore the weight of his fathers decline and the hopes of the people on his shoulders. Faramir was in his shadow he didnt have the same heavy burden that his brother did
Bartimaeus
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 21, 2012 05:31
Yes, Boromir is very likeable. I'm fond of Faramir though. Apart from him, I think my favourite characters are Gollum, Sauron, Gandalf, Merry, Pippin, Bilbo, Sam, Gimli, Fingolfin, Feanor, and all the Dwarves in The Hobbit.
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
on: September 26, 2012 05:56
Turin, Maedhros, Beleg, Fingolfin, Finrod, Aragorn and Eomer. Though both Boromir and Faramir are growing on me more each time I re-read the book.
Tom Bombadill
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 11, 2012 10:10
Treebeard and Tom Bombadill, though they contradict each other. Tom Bombadill for Treebeard would be too "hasty"!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 13, 2012 06:31
I have 3 favourites: Aragorn, Earendil, and Luthien.

Lord_Sauron, who is your favourite, or shall I guess by your name?

A star shines upon the hour of our meeting
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Grizzwald
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2013 12:21
Ungoliant, the evil Tom Bombadil as it were (in that they are both enigmas), just for being such a badass. After that, Turin and then Gurthang, if you could consider Gurthang a character, which I do, since it had a will of it own and spoke. "Yea verily I will slay thee" - awesome.
I-Am-Figwit
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2013 02:43
My favourite character is probably Sam, as he keeps "Mr Frodo" going when they are going to Mordor, and is generally a really strong character. The other hobbits are also pretty high, especially pippin. I am a newbie round here so any replies would be much appreciated. Thanks, Figwit
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Probably Pippin, and also Glorfindel!
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email