Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Post What is your favourite scene in The Hobbit Unexpected Journey?
on: December 25, 2012 11:28
What is your favourite scene in The Hobbit Unexpected Journey?
Periantari
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: What is your favourite scene in The Hobbit Unexpected Journey?
on: December 25, 2012 12:12
I have so many! Including the first Bilbo and Gandalf exchange, Riddles in the Dark, Bilbo and Thorin hug in the end, the intro to Erebor in the beginning, Troll scene! Dwarves singing the songs in the beginning.
LinweSingollo
Movies & Casting Mod, Resident Hobbit & Frodo's Footstool
Send Message
on: December 26, 2012 08:39
I'll need to see it again since there was so much to absorb the first time around, but to start with, I was very satisfied with the Riddle scene between Bilbo and Gollum. I think it was important to get that one nailed. Gollum was brilliant and Martin is perfect as Bilbo. I also very much enjoyed the backstory about Erebor as told by Bilbo. Well done and I enjoyed seeing Dwarf women and children. The whole scene with the dwarves in Bag End was wonderful - the singing, the plate and food tossing. Loved it. I remember choking up several times during the film, but I as I said, I'll need to see it again.
Oh yes...hearing the Rivendell theme and seeing Rivendell again choked me up. It was like coming home.
It's hard to pick just one scene.
"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2012 09:14
I like all the scenes mentioned but the real gem for me was when they were being served food in Rivendale. As a vegetarian, I got a kick of them poking at the vegetables like it was some alien object and asking 'where's the meat?'
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2012 06:29
I didn't really have a favourite scene but was glad that Peter Jackson stayed true to the scene where Bilbo and Gollum meet and have their game of riddles, I have to agree with you LinweSingollo Martin Freeman made a perfect Bilbo Baggins.
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: December 26, 2012 10:20
No favorite scenes...I loved the entire film. But I have thought Martin Freeman would make a perfect Bilbo for years and he has.

I need to see the movie again though for like Linwe, there was just too much to absorb the first time around. Can't wait for it to come out in DVD so I can stop it here and there to see something again.

Ordered the CD set of music. Love the Misty Mountain theme, even the Neil Finn song at the end during credits (which so many critics seem to dislike...silly people).
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2012 11:38
I loved the entire movie. Maybe, after seeing it a few more times, I will decide on a favourite scene. Although....I did enjoy Galadriel touching Gandalf's hair.

Did anyone see Peter Jackson in the first 10 minutes of the film?

A star shines upon the hour of our meeting
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Ilandir
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2012 12:04
Did anyone see Peter Jackson in the first 10 minutes of the film?

I believe he was part of the exiled dwarves as they left Erebor (before Thorin spots Thranduil and his army). He can been seen running in front and past the camera - it's a bit quick to spot and to identify as PJ ...
belldoras
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2012 01:14
I saw the film in 2D and again in 3D. Loved the movie a second time around although I was a bit disturbed by the Pale Orc. He will be Thorin's Nemesis in the final movie I'm sure of it.

Sir Ian Holm and Elijah Woods did enough with their scenes to keep the film flowing. Wonderful performances by both actors.

My favourite scene is still Rivendell and the eagle swooping in to scoop Thorin up in it's talons.

CeruleanMosaic
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 31, 2012 09:43
I loved the entire film, and can't wait to see it again! One of my favorite scenes is Elrond arriving in Rivendell on horseback. (I thought that I was obsessed with him before but OMG!!) The lines with Gandalf and Lindir before his arrival are priceless, esecially with Lindir's expressions!
Dawn-maiden
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2013 03:19
Absolute favourite: The Misty Mountains song.

Also love: The "Blunt the knives" song, Dale and Erebor in the flashbacks, the first view of Rivendell, the riddle scene, the flight with the Eagles, Thorin hugging Bilbo.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2013 11:11
I agree about the Misty Mountains song. I wish we could have heard more of it. That song will always be special to me.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2013 03:17
I know!!! I was kinda upset they didn't have another couple of minute at least of that song. They should have incorporated some of the introductory stuff about the dwarves with them singing that song.
Tahea
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2013 06:02
I think one scene that I'm very much in love with was right before they were pulled into Goblin Town and Bilbo was trying to leave but Bofur, sweet scottish Dwarf of my heart, is keeping watch and talks to him. This scene literally brought tears to my eyes.

Here Bilbo is, leaving in the dead of night to return home no doubt, he thinks everyone is asleep. On top of that Bilbo unintentionally says some painful things when referring to the fact that he has a place he belongs, unlike the Dwarves. But what then gets me is Bofur.

He doesn't get mad. He doesn't get offended. He acknowledges it as the truth and doesn't show any ill will toward Bilbo for saying it. A little sad, perhaps, but not angry. He doesn't even seem to hold it against Bilbo that he's trying to run away. He understands, and when he said, "I wish you all the luck in the world. I really do." and SMILES, even Bilbo seems surprised, and I was nearly in tears.

Bofur really cares, he understands why Bilbo is trying to leave, and he doesn't try to stop him, and he even tells Bilbo that he wishes him luck. He wants Bilbo to be happy. He wants everyone to be happy. He's just one of the sweetest Dwarves in the world.

That ended up being longer than I intended, I apologize.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2013 10:41
Do not apologize, Tahea, we enjoy reading your comment. And this is your first post! Welcome to the Council of Elrond!
SilverShadowfax
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2013 02:52
Oh wow, so many amazing scenes in this movie! I love Riddles in the Dark, I thought that kept to the book so well. Also loved the scenes with the Dwarves arriving at Bilbo's home and the opening scene with the history of Erebor etc.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2013 03:02
After seeing The Hobbit twice, so far, I still cannot say I have a favourite scene. I loved the entire movie. I saw it both times in 3D and it was fun when Gandalf set the pinecones on fire and threw them. One flew right off the screen and I actually covered my face!

Welcome to the Counci of Elrond SilverShadowfax!
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2013 03:57
Yes I liked that part too Lindarielwen. There where several parts when things came flying at me and it was a bit startling. I love the whole dwarves in home Bilbo's home scene especially the dishes song. I liked the part when he runs to catch up with the company and then leaves with them. I also liked the part where Bilbo tells the trolls that the dwarves have parasites. I liked the Riddles in the Dark and Eagle parts too. My favorite dwarves so far are Kili and Bofur.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2013 09:09
I saw the movie again on New Years day and still loved it, I think the more times you see a movie it actually sinks in and you remember more, the pinecone scene was funny. It would be good if Peter Jackson brings out an extended version of the hobbit unexpected journey where the dwarfs sing the full misty mountain song.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2013 06:31
Lord_Sauron, I, as well, saw The Hobbit again on New Year's Day and I loved it more the second time. I am glad to hear you feel the same. It is a wonderful thought you have about an extended edition having the dwarves singing all the verses of Misty Mountains Cold. I can hear them singing it now!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email