Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Julianna Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Post Who is excited to see Legolas in the next Hobbit movie?
on: January 14, 2013 07:57
I dont know about you guys but i am SUPER excited to see Legolas in the next Hobbit movie! Im afraid that when i go to the theater and see him im going to start screaming so yeah, i cant wait till the movie comes out!
what about you?
Legolas is ~L~ovely! Legolas is ~E~verlastingly talented! Legolas is ~G~reat! Legolas is ~O~h so awesome! Legolas is ~L~ovable! Legolas is ~A~mazing! Legolas is ~S~weet! ~LEGOLAS~ rules! Mrs.Greenleaf
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Who is excited to see Legolas in the next Hobbit movie?
on: January 14, 2013 08:03
Yes, I like Legolas (who wouldn't he is nice to look at IMO). But due to the fact that I am a cosplayer/costumeer I'm more interested in seeing more costume designs for the Mirkwood Elves. Because I have made some clothes to try to pass as a female Mirkwood Warrior outfit, and I'm constantly wanting to try to improve what I have made. So the more costumes I can see the better I can create something that will fit in Mirkwood.
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
Julianna Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2013 07:02
yeah, i cant wait to see the other elves of Mirkwood, especially King Thranduil
Legolas is ~L~ovely! Legolas is ~E~verlastingly talented! Legolas is ~G~reat! Legolas is ~O~h so awesome! Legolas is ~L~ovable! Legolas is ~A~mazing! Legolas is ~S~weet! ~LEGOLAS~ rules! Mrs.Greenleaf
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2013 08:04
I'm awfully curious to how the designs and aesthetics of the houses will look like. (Yes I plan on making my room/house[when I get one] look like it belongs in Middle Earth, with a preference to Mirkwood Decor)
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
Julianna Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2013 08:12
ooh, i kind of wanted my room to have a Rivendell feel
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2013 09:30
I think if you visit 'The Last HomelyHouse' section, you will find tips and suggestions on how to make your room look like various places in Middle Earth.
Taug anin ú-daug.
Julianna Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2013 06:07
cool, thats helpful!
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2013 10:04
For all you Legolas fans there's some nice pictures of how he will look in the movies in the new Hobbit game Armies of the Third Age.
https://www.kabam.com/games/the-hobbit-armies
Julianna Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2013 06:05
they have games?!
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2013 03:02
To be totally honest i am not that excited or thrilled to see Legolas in the Hobbit. However that is my opinion.

Peter might as well just add Gimli marching with Dain Ironfoot in the Battle of Five Armies.
Nevaratoiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2013 09:00
I am more interested in seeing how Thranduil turns out to be. I don't know the actor that's playing the elven king. And like Lastiel_Rusc said, I'm looking forward to the outfits of the Mirkwood elves and the setup of the kingdom, housing and the caved castle.

Having said that, I do like Legolas, and, sure, Orlando Bloom is an eye candy. I just hope he has learned to act, because how much I like Legolas being in the LotR films, after the initial squealing of a tween when the films first came out and getting older and watching them again for the sake of nostalgia; let's be honest, that is not a good acting performance. Here and there in the films you could see some of the potential, the bearing of how an elf is 'supposed' to be, though.

Not a slight or offense meant to Orlando or any of his fans. I just hope he does better.
~Nev~
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2013 10:38
I am looking forward to seeing how Legolas will interact with his father. I believe we will not see very much of Legolas in the next film but Jackson had to include him in some way.

I think most of us would like to see our favourite LOTR characters somehow worked into The Hobbit.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Cillendor
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2013 02:47
I have a feeling that Legolas' presence will be fairly notable. I'm actually really surprised that he wasn't present with Thranduil in the opening of An Unexpected Journey. But with as important as his part is in The Lord of the Rings, Jackson will have to maintain a delicate balance between making Legolas notable and keeping him a mere pointy-eared Elvish princeling. I am a little worried that he'll behave more kindly to the Dwarves than he ought, which would be an unfortunate and inappropriate nod to the LOTR trilogy.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2013 09:58
In a little more than 9 months, we will have the answers to our questions!
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2013 10:50
I don't know if I'm going to like Legolas in The Hobbit....I didn't like Frodo. He was all weird...and not Frodoish, if you take my meaning. :\ But I guess we'll see how it all comes out. Who knows? I may even be pleasantly surprised!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Nevaratoiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2013 04:31
I have no idea what to expect. If Peter Jackson will go on in the same lines concerning Legolas, he will make sure that Legolas has a dislike of dwarves, just as he had in the beginning of LotR towards Gimli. I thought it was never really obvious in the films of how much dislike he had for that particular dwarf. Perhaps we will see more obvious dislike. We know Thranduil has never been overly fond of dwarves (or other races for that matter). I don't know Tolkien lore that well, but was it somewhere else stated (other than in the Hobbit, where he imprisoned them) that Thranduil had a great dislike for dwarves?

We'll see how it works out with Legolas. But I guess movie fans wanted to see Legolas again, and Peter Jackson acknowledged that desire. Fine with me, hehehe...

Quote from Mareth_Ravenlock on March 3, 2013, 20:50
I don't know if I'm going to like Legolas in The Hobbit....I didn't like Frodo. He was all weird...and not Frodoish, if you take my meaning. :\ But I guess we'll see how it all comes out. Who knows? I may even be pleasantly surprised!

What do you mean weird? I couldn't see anything weird in the short scene Frodo was in the Hobbit.
~Nev~
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2013 10:35
Well, he just was weird. Like, I don't know how to describe it, but he just didn't seem like Frodo. I guess maybe 'cause he was older, and looked a little different. And he didn't act like Frodo. I don't guess many people had a problem with him though. Anyway, that was just my personal opinion of him.

I would just as soon have Peter Jackson leave Leggy out of the whole deal. No offence meant to any of you Legolas fans, yeah Legolas is kinda cool, great looking, all that good stuff, but I, for one like Aragorn much better. Again, no offence meant.

~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Cillendor
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2013 01:56
Quote from Nevaratoiel on March 4, 2013, 14:31
I have no idea what to expect. If Peter Jackson will go on in the same lines concerning Legolas, he will make sure that Legolas has a dislike of dwarves, just as he had in the beginning of LotR towards Gimli. I thought it was never really obvious in the films of how much dislike he had for that particular dwarf. Perhaps we will see more obvious dislike. We know Thranduil has never been overly fond of dwarves (or other races for that matter). I don't know Tolkien lore that well, but was it somewhere else stated (other than in the Hobbit, where he imprisoned them) that Thranduil had a great dislike for dwarves?

Well, Elves in general had a dislike for Dwarves. In the First Age, the Dwarves of the Ered Luin fashioned the Nauglamír, a beautiful necklace, for Finrod, the noble king of Nargothrond and brother of Galadriel. He was mortally wounded in a fight with a werewolf that saved Beren's life, so rule of Nargothrond was passed to his brother Orodreth. Orodreth was killed in battle against the Dragon Glaurung. Some time later, Húrin found the treasure, so he brought the Nauglamír to Thingol in Doriath.

Thingol—husband to the Maia Melian and great-great-grandfather of Elrond—requested that the Dwarves of Nogrod set the Silmaril in the Nauglamír. However, the Dwarves coveted the jewel and demanded that Thingol give it to them, as the necklace was crafted by the Dwarves. Thingol refused, so the Dwarves killed him. Then they persuaded the rest of the Dwarves of Nogrod to attack Doriath, so the whole kingdom was destroyed.

Beren, commanding a host of Laiquendi and Ents, slaughtered the Dwarves and reclaimed the Nauglamír. He gave it to his wife Lúthien who bore it until she died. Their son Dior, the new king of Doriath, inherited it. But the Sons of Fëanor, bound by oath to reclaim the Silmarils, attacked Doriath and killed Dior. His daughter Elwing escaped with it and was saved by the Vala Ulmo. She went on to become the mother of Elrond and Elros. Her husband Eärendil took the Silmaril and sailed a ship across the heavens, becoming the blessed star of the Elves.

All of this is important, though not all of it has to do with the Dwarves specifically. It just shows how brilliant Tolkien was as an author to tie everything together. With all of this background in mind, yes, the Elves and Dwarves hated each other very much. Not to mention that Thranduil was particularly racist after seeing the security of his realm falter under the growing power of Sauron in Dol Guldur. He was understandably wary about getting too involved in the affairs of Dwarves and Dragons after seeing the Greenwood become so much more hostile.

Quote from Mareth_Ravenlock on March 5, 2013, 20:35
Well, he just was weird. Like, I don't know how to describe it, but he just didn't seem like Frodo. I guess maybe 'cause he was older, and looked a little different. And he didn't act like Frodo. I don't guess many people had a problem with him though. Anyway, that was just my personal opinion of him.

I agree. He was different and stuck out like a sore thumb. But I still like the concept for the intro.

I would just as soon have Peter Jackson leave Leggy out of the whole deal. No offence meant to any of you Legolas fans, yeah Legolas is kinda cool, great looking, all that good stuff, but I, for one like Aragorn much better. Again, no offence meant.

Aragorn would have been alive, yes. In fact, he probably would have only left Rivendell a few years prior. But what purpose would his being there serve? With Legolas, he doesn't really have to do much to fit in, since it is well known by now that he's Thranduil's son. He could easily just be there in the scene without talking, and that would be enough. With Aragorn, there would be no purpose in showing him because he wasn't around at all during the time of The Hobbit. Besides, Viggo probably couldn't play him. He'd be in his mid-twenties, and I don't think the makeup team could make Viggo look like a convincing twenty-something.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2013 04:20
I didn't mean I wanted him in the movie. I only meant that I like Aragorn better then Legolas. And besides, no one can play Aragorn except Viggo Mortensen, and he's a bit to old him in The Hobbit.
Cillendor
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2013 02:55
Aaaaah, okay, I thought for a second there that you were one of those "Let's see Han Solo in Episode III" kind of people that I not-so-secretly hate. I'm glad I don't have to hate you.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2013 04:28
I'm glad that you don't have to hate me too! I don't really like being hated....
Cillendor
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2013 05:48
Haha XD
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email